Thread: anyone?

User Info Menu

Default anyone?

so i got a new tama swingstar 7 pc. and im wondering if theres anything i need to know about tama cuse i use to own a peral so help me out

User Info Menu

Welcome to Drumchat, if no-one has welcomed you already.

A kit is a kit I'm sure. I don't really have any expertise on the TAMA kits, I haven't used any. I'm waiting on my new Pearl Session kit to come.

Happy drumming,
    HB58
    My Kit: Pearl Session Custom 7 Piece w/ Zildjian Cymbals
    My Band: Lead Redemption
    Current Favourite Band: Necrophagist
    Current Favourite Song: To Rid The Disease - Opeth
    Next purchase: Pearl 18"x16" Floor Tom, Zildjian A Custom Crash

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

Hey Tamadrummer,

I was about to buy a Tama set for my new kit but Dececided to Go with Yamaha. The main reason why I did so was because of the hardware, I tried out the hardware (And I'm not talking about the Kick Pedal now because that part of Tama is a piece of work). But the regular hardware with the set is not the best and although it's good enough looking at it personality I didn't fully like it and I heard some bad things about it from a couple friends around here. It's just the fact if I'm gonna be gigging I want something that is really durable and can be taken apart a million times without any reduction in the quality of the hardware.

Besides that the only other real thing that I know about Tama drums is the the Hoops which are a bit different then what pearl has.. Just look on there site about them they were a bit iffy in mind.

Besides it sounds like you got an awesome and I hope you enjoy the set and keep on playing

User Info Menu

yeah its white and black its a lars ulrich signture set double bass drum set two hi toms and two floor toms its pretty sweet

User Info Menu

Sounds like a pretty awesome kit, I'm sure you'll enjoy it too it's fullest!

User Info Menu

Are you new to drumming, or have you been at it for a while?

HB58

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

i have ben drumming for 8 years

User Info Menu

Awesome. Well, congrats on the new kit dude. I'm sure you'll put it to good use.

HB58

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

well personally to me, ddrum is the best drum maker or whatever you call it, cus they make the best woods, and they make custom kits too

User Info Menu

check out DW, Ayotte, Pork Pie...they are all custom shops too.....and just about every drum maker offers a "custom" kit nowadays.
    Word to the wise : don't mess with the drummer.