Thread: Pearl discontinuing export line

User Info Menu

Exclamation Pearl discontinuing export line

I just read on the pearl forum that they are going to get rid of the Export line. Has anyone else heard anything about this?

User Info Menu

I heard a couple of rumours about that, nothing official from Pearl though. That I could be bothered to find at the moment, anyway.

If it is real, are they coming up with something new to fit that same market? The relatively affordable and not to extravagant basic/intermediate kit?

And if they aren't, how are the lines going to be arranged? Forum, Session, Masters, Reference, Masterworks?

HB58
    My Kit: Pearl Session Custom 7 Piece w/ Zildjian Cymbals
    My Band: Lead Redemption
    Current Favourite Band: Necrophagist
    Current Favourite Song: To Rid The Disease - Opeth
    Next purchase: Pearl 18"x16" Floor Tom, Zildjian A Custom Crash

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

where did you see that on the pearl forums? i havnt heard anything like that and i'm very regular on the pdf. i have hard it discussed amoung memebers but nothing from pearl. i really cant see pearl discontinuing the worlds best selling drum line. i can see them upgrading to a birch or maple line as to better compete w/ mapex and gretsch intermediate maple kits, but i think it would be foolish to discontinue the export name.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by funkymcstain
    where did you see that on the pearl forums? i havnt heard anything like that and i'm very regular on the pdf. i have hard it discussed amoung memebers but nothing from pearl. i really cant see pearl discontinuing the worlds best selling drum line. i can see them upgrading to a birch or maple line as to better compete w/ mapex and gretsch intermediate maple kits, but i think it would be foolish to discontinue the export name.
    i WILL LOOK TO SEE WHICH THREAD I SAW IT IN.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PokerDrummer
    i WILL LOOK TO SEE WHICH THREAD I SAW IT IN.
    OK HERE IS THE THREAD. IT IS IN THE PEARL DRUM FORUM. IN THE EXPORT ZONE. ON THE SECOND PAGE. THE THREAD TITLE IS "NEW IMPERIALSTAR VS. EXPORT". GO DOWN THROUGH THERE AND YOU WILL SEE ALL THE DISCUSSION ON IT. THERE ARE OTHER THREADS IN THERE AS WELL THAT PEOPLE ARE TALKING ABOUT THAT. APPARENTLY SOME OF THE BIG NAME DRUM STORES ARE ALREADY LISTING THE ELX AND THE ERX AS BEING DISCONTINUED.

User Info Menu

yup, if the rumors are true...it looks like they will upgrade the exports rather than totally get rid of the name. guess we'll find out at namm.