Thread: Another cover

Subrick Guest

Default Another cover

I put up another cover a few hours ago. It's still death metal, but with a more "family friendly" name (I guess). The song is called Honey and Sulphur by Cradle of Filth from their album Godspeed On The Devil's Thunder.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyZsk38Fd1A

Please watch. If you do, I'll be happy.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Another cover

Ha!

Loved the cymbal choke at 1:20.

Oh yeah, I watched it!
    Signature here

Larrysperf Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    Ha!

Loved the cymbal choke at 1:20.

Oh yeah, I watched it!
    I just choked lol Nuff said

User Info Menu

Man you are into some dark music, hated the song, but can appreciate your playing, nice work man.
    FILL YOUR LIFE WITH INSPIRATION TO INSPIRE

DW Collectors - Paragon - Vic Firth -

Subrick Guest

Why, thank you (i guess). I'm gonna put up some more stuff, some even faster than this. Maybe some Deicide (note to all death metal fans here, I'm seeing Deicide with Vital Remains next month. Sweet!).

User Info Menu

Subrick, I can honestly say that I can appreciate your speed of hand and foot, and that I can hear a consistent beat, but the whole genre just isn't for me. I just don't get any joy out of it.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Cradle of Filth! I love that band. I must say Cradle of Filth is an acquired taste. Dusk and Her Embrace and Midian are my favorite albums.

Great playing!
    Paiste Posse
    14inch 2002 series Sound Edge Hi-hats
    16inch and 18inch Signature series Fast crashes
    20inch 3000 series Ride
    18inch PST5 series China

Pearl Forum Series drum set
    Pearl Chad Smith Signature snare(steel shell)
    Tama Iron Cobra Chrome

RIP Frank - You will be remembered

Subrick Guest

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    Subrick, I can honestly say that I can appreciate your speed of hand and foot, and that I can hear a consistent beat, but the whole genre just isn't for me. I just don't get any joy out of it.

That's okay. Liking metal is an incredibly acquired taste, and if you don't like it, I'm fine. The only Christian music I've ever like is Creed, so I guess we're on the same level.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Subrick View Post
    That's okay. Liking metal is an incredibly acquired taste, and if you don't like it, I'm fine. The only Christian music I've ever like is Creed, so I guess we're on the same level.
    Dude I like Creed - but there is so much stuff out there that is better - and possibly more up your alley, if your interested....
    "What consumes your mind, controls your life" - So, what consumes your mind?

Subrick Guest

Thanks for the idea, but I'm not a big Christian rock fan...maybe that's the atheism talking, but Creed was an awesome band.

User Info Menu

Very nice job, I liked your fills, they were fast! I do enjoy death metal, but I'm not a big Cradle of Filth fan.

User Info Menu

I watched it too........had to apologize to my neighbor afterwards for kicking his cat .

I liked the drums , not too fond of the death music .

User Info Menu

I think the "music" is uninspired, without feel, groove, joy , passion or any musicality..but that's just my opinion..If It's what you like..??
    You play really fast. -Les

User Info Menu

Don't love that kind of metal, prefer others. I dig stuff like System of a Down, which has more interesting drum parts to me. Used to play Suicidal Tendencies, S.O.D., Motorhead and old bands like that back in the day.

I thought you played well. The only thing is that your wrists seemed tense, so you ended up playing a little too much from the arms. Maybe it was just the video. My experience is that makes it much harder to play fast without keeping your wrists loose. Just a suggestion on something to work on.

Be careful about just playing fast stuff, because you ended limiting yourself. I played a lot of punk/hardcore in my early and mid 20's and I find that while I'm a little slower now, I'm actually a better drummer on any type of music. Just a friendly suggestion from a middle-aged punk guy.
    Jesse

1986 Tama Crestar - Lacquered Piano White
    2016 Roland TD-25K
    2015 Tama Starclassic B/B - Indigo Blue Sparkle