Thread: drum rack

User Info Menu

Default drum rack

Hi
    Is it worth while and cost effective and diffcult to make your own drum rack, i'm adding a couple of toms from my old kit i was think about a drum rack, any tips on building one?
    Cheers Mark
    Have you got you're ticket for the rock train? You gotta earn that Ticket!!

Premier Genista - Pearl Masters - Primus custom snare - Zildjian A Custom- DW 5000 pedal - Zildjian Zack Starkey sticks

I play lead Drums

User Info Menu

Default Re: drum rack

Help??

Premier Genista - Pearl Masters - Primus custom snare - Zildjian A Custom- DW 5000 pedal - Zildjian Zack Starkey sticks

I play lead Drums

User Info Menu

Id just buy a good used one.

User Info Menu

can you do metal fab?

iv done a little aloy welding ,its hard work

User Info Menu

i've seen one on ebay
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Huge-Custom-3-...1%7C240%3A1318
    do you think it's woth it?
    Mark

I play lead Drums

Larrysperf Guest

Quote Originally Posted by markthechuck View Post
    i've seen one on ebay
    Mark
    There are some nice ones on Daddys.com if that helps. Nuff Said

User Info Menu

pearl has a nice rack for 400. its 3 sided and very balanced. if thats too much though, id still look for something 2 or 3 sided thats balanced. never go completely discount on a drum rack, it will make your drums sound better, and shorten set up and break down time. anything from 200-400 is a good price to pay.

User Info Menu

i've seen one on ebay
    Mark
    Too bad you're not in chicago. I am selling one for 275 but with a whole bunch of clamp attachments. Practically brand new. Used it for less than 2 months. Its a Pearl Icon 503 rack I havent been able to get rid of.
    www.myspace.com/joeguitar

Feel free to request me. Just make sure you add a message with it cause I get too many from people I just don't know.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarfool5931 View Post
    Too bad you're not in chicago. I am selling one for 275 but with a whole bunch of clamp attachments. Practically brand new. Used it for less than 2 months. Its a Pearl Icon 503 rack I havent been able to get rid of.
    I hate to say this but I doubt you'll get $200 for it based on what the market will bear.

I have one also and they take up some serious realestate, don't they?

I found that if the rack "seems" too big, I just don't take one of the side rails when gigging and I seem to do okay without it.

Other than that, I really like the rack. Solid, stable and very cool.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Hi
    Is it worth while and cost effective and diffcult to make your own drum rack, i'm adding a couple of toms from my old kit i was think about a drum rack, any tips on building one?
    Cheers Mark
    Shoot, missed the whole point of the thread.

Making your own is probably not the best idea. You have to decide what material to use and what length and how many pieces? Is it going to be chrome, black or bare metal, etc...? Then what are you going to use to integrate the components.

What are you going to do for clamping mechanisms? If you buy them you might as well get a rack that comes with them.

Buy a rack already made. No tooling or desiging or building required.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

I think it can be done....very easily....all you need is duct tape, right?

....seriously though, I agree with others, it could be done...but it would take a lot of work and measuring....special equipment.....so much easier...and in the long run....cheaper....just to buy one...
    ...I am not seeing things as they are....I am seeing things as I am....

User Info Menu

that one in the ebay link seems like a pretty good buy
    "What consumes your mind, controls your life" - So, what consumes your mind?

User Info Menu

I don't know what they go for in England right now, but I got a 2 sided rack for $250 a few weeks ago, along with five clamps. With the world's economy suffering, people are selling gear to pay the bills, so they're very motivated to sell. The trick is to get buyers and sellers together to help each other. Unfortunately, there are a lot more sellers than buyers right now.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

its like this.. its much more valuable to a drummer to have something he can use that works and pay a little more or whatever than to sit around waiting for your custom projects to pull through. id seriously try for either a used one or a retail one that doesnt cost too much. but they will take up a bit of space, so bear that in mind also. but some of em are tiny yet sturdy, and carry easy because of it, and those are the ones your looking for.

insane-asylum Guest

i would go 4 a gibralter v rack just the basic at first than u can expand with anything u want bassicly. u can have it wrap around mount all your cymbols on it. They make it so easy to set u too. no hasseling trying to fit the leggs of all your stands into the puzzel u had them in last. Id say its a good investment

insane-asylum Guest

and btw the one u asked about on ebay is a GREAT deal

User Info Menu

what about the dr80 by pearl?