Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: finally

User Info Menu

Default finally

here is a vid i put together and worked forever trying to upload. let me know what you all think.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoID=50888322
    Fat Pat, show us your drums page 138, post 3429
    always chang'n sumth'n

User Info Menu

Default Re: finaly

Not any good?!!! Jhmeg, I thought that sounded great! I don't know what you used to record that, but I really sounded good, and you timing was great! I enjoyed the improv segment too. BTW, is that a remote hi-hat to your right, or just a stationary hat set up.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

cool stuff man nice and steady drumming............... that music makes me hurl bad though.

You also need to visit the socks with sandals thread and post a pic of your delightful attire.

Official cowbell hater.

User Info Menu

Great j. But it stops at the 2 minute mark or so and wont go further.

all the best...

User Info Menu

Nice playing man, I hear that song all the time on my school bus, and have thought several times about making a video jammin to it, it just has so much room to just really open up and get funky, great playing man. And super nice kit you got there.
    FILL YOUR LIFE WITH INSPIRATION TO INSPIRE

DW Collectors - Paragon - Vic Firth -

User Info Menu

thanks guys. I have a lot going against me in that vid, still rehabing my knee, sandles yes w/ socks ha ha ha. and hey pb, yeah its a remote hat. once i get the kit set up a bit better and i heal a little too, and maybee a better song
    always chang'n sumth'n

User Info Menu

I thought you sounded great.
    Jesse

1986 Tama Crestar - Lacquered Piano White
    2016 Roland TD-25K
    2015 Tama Starclassic B/B - Indigo Blue Sparkle

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jhmeg2 View Post
    here is a vid i put together and worked forever trying to upload. let me know what you all think.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoID=50888322
    HOLA como estas Mi amigo JHMEG2 CREATIVE ARTISTIC OPEN MINDED DRUMMER ARTIST(CAT) within great aware-ness wisdom knowledge
    VERY COOL AND MUY BIEN PASION' GRACIAS amigo

User Info Menu

Great stuff Jhmeg2,
    I do A LOT of breakbeat stuff locally for hip hop artists and playing it always makes me smile. Boom Bap.... lovin it.

User Info Menu

Sounded good to me man....
    ...I am not seeing things as they are....I am seeing things as I am....

User Info Menu

Default Re: finally

Hey JH...finally viewed your video. Very nice! Solid groove and steady tempo all the way through. Lookeds to me like you have a hi-hat, not remote, but mounted on boom or rack stand. That's and excellent idea. I recall seeing a vid by one of the members here about a year ago. He built a platform to raise the kit off the floor, not tall, and put a cleat on the front so the bass drum wouldn't slide forward. I mention this because I noticed that you brought your bass drum in closer just before you started. It didn't appear to be slipping on you. Very nice array of cymbals and you certainly know how to use them. Keep playing, Man!!
    There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value.

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/j...vaz/TheSet.jpg

User Info Menu

Cool man, you got some fonk in ya!
    HAHA, my wife loves that song!
    I'm lovin' your cymbal setup BTW.

User Info Menu

Good job, man!! Great looking kit!

I noticed your bass drum was "moving" or pivoting when you play it. It almost looked like it wasn't on the floor?
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Right on guys thank you all for taking a look. Yes I have a remote hat and a static hat. The bass drum was movin a little, I found that one of the legs was not tight, but its all good now. thanks for all the great feedback. i will do another soon and see what happens, I am trying to figure out how to cut the drums on the cd, so its more of just me, any ideas? thanks again all
    always chang'n sumth'n

User Info Menu

Right on guys thank you all for taking a look. Yes I have a remote hat and a static hat. The bass drum was movin a little, I found that one of the legs was not tight, but its all good now. thanks for all the great feedback. i will do another soon and see what happens, I am trying to figure out how to cut the drums on the cd, so its more of just me, any ideas? thanks again all

Yes, I wondered about a leg being loose but hey, ya never know what works for one guy.

I'm not sure what you mean by "figure out how to cut the drums on the cd" question.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Bish, what I mean is to cut the drums out or down a lot on a cd, so if I play with a cd, i dont hear the drums on the cd, just me.
    always chang'n sumth'n

User Info Menu

The long shorter hard easy way would be to have it in MP3 format, IMPORT it into Audacity and remove the "waves" of the drums.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

bish, thats great that you know how to do all that, um but we are talking about me doing it. lol if it had anything to do with car audio, i could proly figure it out, but this aint my thing, is there another way. I have seen some cd's here or on bum that do that kinda thing.
    always chang'n sumth'n

User Info Menu

Sorry i just cant open anything with the myspace video link for some reason
    I play, Gretsch Catalina Birch, 7 piece in the vintage sunburst finish.

RIP, Frank. You will not be forgotten. Missing you, mate

User Info Menu

nice job good timming

sandles yes w/ socks
    my wife will kill me if she saw that

R.i.P. FRANK YOU WILL BE REMEMBER AS A GENTLEMAN

how to attach an image http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ures-7721.html

FRENCHY

User Info Menu

I could tell you were good by the first 10 seconds, so I didn't sit through the misery and suffering that the song causes.

User Info Menu

JHM, nice going man.... I will also bust your chops about socks and sandals..... dude, it's a no-no.....

As for drumming, nice and steady man. You looked comfy doing your thing. Nice job.
    Kevin
    DW Performance series - Gun Metal Metallic Lacquer
    24/12/16 6.5x14
    Sabian AA/AAX hi-hats & crashes
    Sabian HHX Evolution ride

Drummers can be very tempomental.....

User Info Menu

awesome! sounds great

User Info Menu

ok, look, i wear a pair on sandles around the house. i wear socks so my toes dont get cold, and besides, i dont care what i look like lol. but thanks for all of it, its kool.
    always chang'n sumth'n

User Info Menu

ok, look, i wear a pair on sandles around the house. i wear socks so my toes dont get cold, and besides, i dont care what i look like lol. but thanks for all of it, its kool.
    hahahahahaha

You rock, man!
    Kevin
    DW Performance series - Gun Metal Metallic Lacquer
    24/12/16 6.5x14
    Sabian AA/AAX hi-hats & crashes
    Sabian HHX Evolution ride

Drummers can be very tempomental.....