Thread: Zildjian Gloves Review

Subrick Guest

Default Zildjian Gloves Review

Item: Zildjian Drummers Gloves
    Price: $24.99

I hated them. They're essentially baseball gloves but way overpriced. The main problem is they don't have a good grip on your sticks at all. The sticks constantly slide out of your hands and they just don't feel good.

Rating: 2/5

User Info Menu

Default Re: Zildjian Gloves

Pine tar!!! JK! I wish I could help you find a workable pair of gloves. One question, why is it you want or need gloves? Is it slippage or blisturs? I think there is a product called gorilla snot, I have never used it. For blisturs, a towel may help.

User Info Menu

Sorry to hear that Subrick. If I was inclined to use gloves, I would probably use my weightlifting gloves....fingerless and like 10 bucks at Wally World.
    Why do psychics have to ask you your name? And how come you never heard of a psychic winning the lottery?
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

User Info Menu

I wore batting gloves when I played baseball (and I played for a lot of years), so wearing gloves would probably not bother me much. On the hand, $25 for a pair of gloves is outrageous. I don't use gloves when I drum. I've never felt the need, but then, I don't play the same style that you do. I'm a lot more laid back in my drumming.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Subrick......they might not be too good for playing drums , but I would bet you do look stylish in them.......lol , not a total waste .

Larrysperf Guest

Golf gloves would be better more grip

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Larrysperf View Post
    Golf gloves would be better more grip
    Not a bad idea.

I was thinking Harley-Davidson Fingerless Riding gloves. Soft leather and they last forever.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    Not a bad idea.

I was thinking Harley-Davidson Fingerless Riding gloves. Soft leather and they last forever.
    Those are probably more expensive than the Zildjian gloves!

Everything with Harley on it is expensive!
    Why do psychics have to ask you your name? And how come you never heard of a psychic winning the lottery?
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Subrick Guest

AMENDMENT:

I've given the gloves a second chance. I kinda like them. If you hod the stick the right way it won't slide out as often and they're very good for blast beats. The only problems this time were that when I have to change songs on my iPod when playing, i have to take my thumb out and then switch the song, and the gloves leave a black residue on my hands. No big, though.

User Info Menu

Smile Re: Zildjian Gloves

Why not try something different to stop the sticks from slipping,

you can go to your hardware store like home deeps and buy the rubber dipping liquid. sand lightly the ends of your sticks (where you hold them) and then dip them in the can of dip.
    let them dry thoroughly and you just put those gloves on those sticks. much better feel and is better than the dipped sticks you buy at the store.

the problem with the gloves is that you actually waste energy holding the stick with them then without. (used them before.)

so if the grip is on the stick it reduces the energy and you feel free.

P.S. good for changing the jams on your ipod.

User Info Menu

Welcome to Drum Chat Jfrench, and an excellent tip with your 1st post! Do you know the name of the dip?
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

User Info Menu

Would love to find some gloves that don't bleed ink all over your hands when you sweat.

User Info Menu

Welcome to Drum Chat Bosco, and I can certainly understand that thought!

User Info Menu

Nver had a need for gloves but I saw a post here about a new Glove that was shown at NAMM. Can not recall where that post is. Good overall vid of what is taking place there.
    Last edited by Tazmania; 02-05-2009 at 11:49 AM.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Thanks for the welcome. This place is great!

User Info Menu

Enjoy the site