Thread: A new Youtube Video

User Info Menu

Default A new Youtube Video

This has been one of the funnest projects I've been in, in a long time. This is sort of a tangent or maybe ranting or something, but it's hella fun. Sorry the vid quality is not there. Michelle had to stand onstage to keep the camera powered while she filmed. So the angle is not so good. Thanks to Gravyrecords for posting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hyvpXUx-tU

Thanks for watching.
    -Jason

User Info Menu

Default Re: A new Youtube Video

Man, that just LOOKS like a whole lotta fun! Nice job OCD and thanks for sharing!!
    Why do psychics have to ask you your name? And how come you never heard of a psychic winning the lottery?
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

User Info Menu

Cool Jason! Very free flowing feel, but nice structure at the same time. Your drumming holds it together very well.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Thanks guys. It's a very choppy rhythm, but once it's in my bones, I can't shake it off.

And on a side note. Usually to my right I go with an 18in crash. This evening I decided I wanted a second right side ride and went with a K. Con 20" heavy ride w/a sizzle chain on it. In this video, and all night for that matter, I crashed on it as if it was my 18in. Not good usually with this heavy of a cymbal(it's very gongy when crashed). BUT the sizzle adds enough sound to maybe "sit on top" of the gongy crash sound, and it made it a better. Still gongy but crashy at the same time.

User Info Menu

Man, looking at your vid reminded me of the Monday night jazz jam sessions I played years ago...a whole lotta fun! Good you for guys...keep it up!
    There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value.

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/j...vaz/TheSet.jpg

User Info Menu

Nice. -Les

User Info Menu

Man, that was cooking!
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Nice, very nice.

Even better was the cover up at 2:26 with the nose scratch. That problem ranks up there with the creeping bass drum or the horrible hiccups!

Your playing is second only to your interpretation. You are an artist!

User Info Menu

WOW, thank you ChuckW, Les, and Bish. The nose gets itchy sometimes. I also wear glasses and my nose is shaped like a ski slope apparently, cause when they're on, I fight with them all night. It does make for great stage antics though.

User Info Menu

Loved it!

User Info Menu

Kinda made me feel like I was in a blues lounge just after they got cookin! Cool vid!
    I play- 2008 Roland TD-9SX with a Pearl eliminator pedal, Roc-n-Soc throne and Vic Firth American Classic 5A sticks