Thread: Maybe an Introduction Could do some Jutice eh?

User Info Menu

Smile Maybe an Introduction Could do some Jutice eh?

Well, I was thinking of not putting up an introduction but I feel that I should probably do that since I came outta no where pretty much.

Anyways let's start.

Alright So I've been playing drums for 8 years.. What I play with is the following.
    • Yamaha
    • DW
    • Pearl
    • Zildjian
    • Remo/Evans
    • Mapex

Outside of that I don't buy much of any other brand and my drumset is a Yamaha 7pc Maple Custom Absoulte

I consider myself a half decent drummer and play alot at my church (church services, youth) and play for between 30 - 700 people most of the time.

Ahh, besides that I am a Web Developer and love it, so you know if you need any help with this site you can always looks too me for help.. Been working with vB and IPB for 5 years.

Don't mind me with all my inital posting but I usually havent been going to forums for drumming.. pretty much gave up forums as it takes alot of your time and besides that I don't like huge forums as it takes away from the whole community feeling and I can never keep up with the posts.

I'm quite knowledable about drums, but I'm not where near a professional or advanced in my mind at least.

Anyways, I hope too get too know all of you alot better in the comming days.

God Bless...
    Rock On

User Info Menu

Welcome to Drum Chat Slippy! Yea, this is smaller than some of the drum forums and everyone seems to like that. You're right, it's more of a family feel I think. I've gotten to know quite a few of the peope here. They feel like family for sure.

jarhead Guest

welcome....youll love it hear.lots of ages and experience levels.its awesome

User Info Menu

welcome to the forums!!!! hey hey! hope you like it here...im in a web design class right now...4 hours a day for two years..-.- hard stufF...glad ta have you here!!...and yea this ish a Really small forum ,well compared to say...the pearl forums?
    PRACTICE SAFE BANGING!!! play drums! My Pearl Session Kit

User Info Menu

Thanks for the welcomes.. Too be honest I love smaller forums.. You can really get too know people.. Big forums.. you just can't keep up to date on all the latest posts and everything and you never see the same person post 3 times ever, so it's just a mass of people i.e 20,000 people in a stadium compared to say 100 in a room (i.e The stadium full only listens too the instructor.. The 100 people in a room intract and at the end are all great friends).

That's cool that your in web design, personally I suck at the whole web "design" but the programming of it (php, mysql) is what I'm at
    God Bless & Rock On
    Current Set: Yamaha 7pc Maple Custom Abosulte
    Current Cymbals: Zildjian A Custom Cymbals
    Hardware: Yamaha 1100 Series, and DW 5000 Series Kick

User Info Menu

Welcome To The Forum Slippy!!

User Info Menu

Welcome

User Info Menu

Thanks for the welcome by's
    God Bless & Rock On

User Info Menu

Welcome Slippy.

Being a caper, I should's say " Welcome By!"

User Info Menu

Default Maybe an introduction could do some justice eh?

Hey, slippy! You'd be amazed at some of the Canadian idioms I've picked up from my buddies on this and other websites!

I wouldn't call myself a website expert, but I was drafted to design a web site for the radio station that's my day job (after my predecessor--who had given me a T-shirt calling me "roadkill on the information superhighway"--was fired). Amazing what you learn to do when you have to (and want to).

I play percussion for my church's guitar group (and have for over four years), and my equipment is LP bongos, CP and Remo congas, and a few other odds and ends, but as far as I'm concerned, there's always something to learn!

So "welcome by," bro', and...
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Hey, werid thing I find that alot of the drummers I found online all are fairly good with computer and such it's really werid.. Drumming and Progrraming for the same Brain Nerve I guess.. There's also alot of christain drummers around (well at least on this forum) which is awesome and I know I'm not mildly alone in my christian drumming walk
    God Bless & Rock On

User Info Menu

Welcome to the forums Slippy. You'll find a pretty tight knit community here. I've only been a member for a short time, but you get to know people really quickly here.

Cheers mate,
    HB58
    My Kit: Pearl Session Custom 7 Piece w/ Zildjian Cymbals
    My Band: Lead Redemption
    Current Favourite Band: Necrophagist
    Current Favourite Song: To Rid The Disease - Opeth
    Next purchase: Pearl 18"x16" Floor Tom, Zildjian A Custom Crash

Rudiments?