Thread: Introducing... me

User Info Menu

Default Introducing... me

Hi everybody

You might have seen mee posting here, but maybe I should introduce myself.

My name's Bavo Loccufier, I'm 15 years old at the moment (born in 1991) and well, it might surprise you, but I'm a drummer

So, I play a standard Stagg set, extended with a Meinl chrash and ride.
    I'm playing my fifth year drum now, but I didn't really take it serious the last years, so I'm not any better then a drummer who plays for two years, and actually I'm quite ashamed about that (I hope I'm writing this correctly).
    However, I want to catch up what I lost in those years and become a decent drummer, and from that stage I'd like to improve end become better and better :D actually just what everybody wants

Maybe a bit more about me: I live in Eeklo, Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium and Eeklo is also where I go to school. My main language is Dutch, but at school I also get German, French and English lessons, so I'm doing my best typing no mistakes, but I can't promise anything...

My other hobby's are playing handball, and maybe al little weird for a hobby, visiting themeparks . And that goes quite far, this year for example (2006), in april, I went with the community I'm in (themeparkvision - Rollercoasterfriends) to England, to visit 2 themeparks, one featuring the world record holder on inversions: Thorpe park and Chessington world of advetures, but we do more fraky things then that ^^.

Despite the themepark-madness, I'm quite a normal boy. I run a website (bafke.be) and thats about it. If you have any questions, shoot!

(oh bytheway, here al little pic, showing myself, but you don't HAVE to watch it Clickie )
    Last edited by Bafke; 12-15-2006 at 03:00 PM.

User Info Menu

Welcome! Im no longer the only european lol

User Info Menu

Is Gislaved near Güteborg? (or how do you spell it? :p)

Every two years our handbalclub participates in the Partille cup, the biggest handbal tournament in the world, and then I'm in Sweden too You might have heard of it, since Handball is ought to be a quite popular sport in Sweden...
    Last edited by Bafke; 12-18-2006 at 06:20 AM.

User Info Menu

nice intro...i m 15 also...hv been drummin for abt 6 months now ...i live in india

User Info Menu

welcome to the jungle (sorry had to make that reference) i`m 13 not too far off and for future reference i`m a girl my name is really misleading
    Oh tell me where your freedom lies
    The street are fields that never die.
    Deliver me from reasons why
    You`d rather cry
    I`d rather fly.

User Info Menu

Hey man, awesome that your hear.. I just arrived too.. A great bunch of people here.. and keep up that drumming!
    God Bless & Rock On
    Current Set: Yamaha 7pc Maple Custom Abosulte
    Current Cymbals: Zildjian A Custom Cymbals
    Hardware: Yamaha 1100 Series, and DW 5000 Series Kick

User Info Menu

yep same here im new this place is pretty chill

User Info Menu

Welcome to the forum! I've been here for a while now and I do have to say that this site gets better and better all the time. There are a few regulars on here that are very knowledgable about all aspects of drumming, so feel free to ask away. And please, share any tips, tricks, or anything else with the community as we are all one big, happy family here!
    Later!
    Da' Bum
    Rockin' the beat for fadedblue
    Keepin' time for Andy Harrison & the AOP
    http://www.facebook.com/fadedbluemusic
    DW Performance 5 pc. in White Marine Pearl
    1972 Pearl Deluxe Custom 5 pc. in blue sparkle
    KAT KT-3
    Paiste cymbals
    Gibraltar hardware
    Axis pedals
    Vic Firth sticks
    Evans heads

User Info Menu

Cool Introducing...me

Hey, Bafke! DrumChat is truly international these days...If my maps are correct, we now have members from Australia, Belgium, Canada, England, Ireland, Scotland, Spain, and Sweden besides most of the U. S....

Welcome from the Midwestern part of the U. S. A... (as you can already see, I'm one of the resident percussionists, although I play set as well as hand drums...)

Will check out your website...again, welcome!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

jarhead Guest

welcome to the forums!!....you know....theres alot of people from different countries...thats really cool...

User Info Menu

Welcome to Drumchat Bafke!

I'm an international member as well. I'm from Australia mate.

HB58
    My Kit: Pearl Session Custom 7 Piece w/ Zildjian Cymbals
    My Band: Lead Redemption
    Current Favourite Band: Necrophagist
    Current Favourite Song: To Rid The Disease - Opeth
    Next purchase: Pearl 18"x16" Floor Tom, Zildjian A Custom Crash

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

Gislaved is about anhour and a half froe Göteborg, Bafke. And yes handball is quite big in sweden.

User Info Menu

Saturday I bought a set of 14" Sabian B8 Hihats, I replaced my old hihats with them, and: My kit as it is now

User Info Menu

Cool Introducing...me

Hey, Bafke! Cool drumset! (First Stagg drumset I've ever seen; until recently, I played a set of Stagg congas during my drum lessons; the drum teacher--who owns a drum shop, of course--recently sold them!)

I have an older 5-piece Percussion Plus set with Zildjians, but I mainly play hand drums as you recall; I have four CP congas (two different sets, one fiberglass, one wood), a Remo tumba, LP bongos, Meinl bongos, a doumbek and a djembe (I don't play all five at once! Three of the congas and the LP bongos at my church; I play percussion with my church's guitar group). The rest are at my house, ready for jammin'.

I read a bit more Dutch than I thought I could, but I guess I have to download Mozilla to see inside the website...but that's cool...

I'm not sure how you'd translate my signature, but percussion is a universal language!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

User Info Menu

Lightbulb Introducing...me

Hey, Bafke--saw your shout-out in the Forum regarding DW Drums. Maybe this link will help you:

http://www.dwdrums.com

You should be able to find out the nearest European distributor that way...hope this helps you out!

(BTW, I just reviewed the shout-out and you already saw the website...but you might search dealer sites near you...they may be hard to find, but it should be worth the search!)

Last edited by bongobro; 01-04-2007 at 07:57 PM.

Charlie