Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: To all you Danny Carrey lovers...

  1. #1

    User Info Menu

    Default To all you Danny Carrey lovers...

    I will give a cookie to whoever produces the first video of them playing the intro to 'Ticks and Leeches' properly. GO!
    Here's why I reckon it'd be great for any drummer to learn...haha...
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=2Cid-t...eature=related
    Today, on Ethel The Frog...

  2. #2

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: To all you Danny Carrey lovers...

    Never happen

    I have never heard anyone replicate that song properly - i've heard close but never perfectly.

    Did you just discover this song? Seriously one of the most complicated rhythms imaginable.
    "What consumes your mind, controls your life" - So, what consumes your mind?

  3. #3

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: To all you Danny Carrey lovers...

    Just watched the clip - i pretty much stand corrected - that's it is the closest I have ever seen anyone get - amazing
    "What consumes your mind, controls your life" - So, what consumes your mind?

  4. #4

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: To all you Danny Carrey lovers...

    That dude is my new favourite youtube drummer
    "What consumes your mind, controls your life" - So, what consumes your mind?

  5. #5

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: To all you Danny Carrey lovers...

    awesome thanks for sharing
    Paiste Posse
    14inch 2002 series Sound Edge Hi-hats
    16inch and 18inch Signature series Fast crashes
    20inch 3000 series Ride
    18inch PST5 series China

    Pearl Forum Series drum set
    Pearl Chad Smith Signature snare(steel shell)
    Tama Iron Cobra Chrome

    RIP Frank - You will be remembered

  6. #6

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: To all you Danny Carrey lovers...

    He's a beast. He's got so many Tool songs under his belt. I found another video that has the same pattern, but played as accents. Either way, we can all draw inspiration from this. It's amazing.

    And yes...I did only just discover this.
    Today, on Ethel The Frog...

  7. #7

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: To all you Danny Carrey lovers...

    Crazy stuff.
    Think of how killer Carey is that we are so stoked to see someone play it ALMOST as good as he does!!!

  8. #8

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: To all you Danny Carrey lovers...

    ^word

  9. #9

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: To all you Danny Carrey lovers...

    I guess that was OK, if you're into crazy, sick drum licks that take years to master. This guy is more my style:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOUBFAfEUJw
    Robert

    "Ok Guys This Is In Da Key Of Boom Chick Boom Boom Chick...." - SIR PHROGGE

    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, write a sonnet, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, solve equations, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." Robert Heinlein

    Zildjian League #1 Flunkie

  10. #10

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: To all you Danny Carrey lovers...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethel_The_Frog View Post
    He's a beast. He's got so many Tool songs under his belt. I found another video that has the same pattern, but played as accents. Either way, we can all draw inspiration from this. It's amazing.

    And yes...I did only just discover this.
    Yeah, thanks to you i was watching that dude for half last night - he is pretty awesome to be able to play the songs that well. I also love his little difficulty rating at the beginning of each song - although I didn't notice one on Parabola. At any rate he is one awesome drummer.

    And hey, if you only just discovered that song, it's cool - your now better off for it. That song is my everest - the day I can finally get that song is the day I figure I can play pretty much anything. I'm starting off easy with Tool though and learning Stinkfist first. Almost got it, i'm gonna work my way through their stuff until I can do songs like Aenima (not so much technical, just ALLOT of endurance) and Schism and Ticks and leeches
    "What consumes your mind, controls your life" - So, what consumes your mind?

  11. #11

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: To all you Danny Carrey lovers...

    once i was fishing with my dad in the lake, and then i felt a weird blob on my leg which ended up being a leech. then we used it for bait.


  12. #12

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: To all you Danny Carrey lovers...

    Quote Originally Posted by crazymanwithaplunger View Post
    Yeah, thanks to you i was watching that dude for half last night - he is pretty awesome to be able to play the songs that well. I also love his little difficulty rating at the beginning of each song - although I didn't notice one on Parabola. At any rate he is one awesome drummer.

    And hey, if you only just discovered that song, it's cool - your now better off for it. That song is my everest - the day I can finally get that song is the day I figure I can play pretty much anything. I'm starting off easy with Tool though and learning Stinkfist first. Almost got it, i'm gonna work my way through their stuff until I can do songs like Aenima (not so much technical, just ALLOT of endurance) and Schism and Ticks and leeches
    Carey has a style that I don't particularly want to emulate, but I can draw a lot of inspiration from his fluidity, accentuations and work on the toms.
    Plus, I discovered Aenima yesterday and have listened to it about 20 times in 2 hours.
    Tool are pretty good, innit?
    Today, on Ethel The Frog...

  13. #13

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: To all you Danny Carrey lovers...

    hell yeah man, from a drums perspective it's a whole new level. Enjoy the journey
    "What consumes your mind, controls your life" - So, what consumes your mind?

  14. #14

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: To all you Danny Carrey lovers...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethel_The_Frog View Post
    Carey has a style that I don't particularly want to emulate, but I can draw a lot of inspiration from his fluidity, accentuations and work on the toms.
    Plus, I discovered Aenima yesterday and have listened to it about 20 times in 2 hours.
    Tool are pretty good, innit?
    Dude, you should really take in their entire CDs for the full effect of how good they really are. They are an 'album band' if you ask me (I know, nobody did!).
    Look up 'Bill Hicks Arizona Bay' on Youtube to see where they got the concept for Aenima, pretty funny stuff. (I would post a link, but there is major bad language involved).
    Enjoy TOOL!

  15. #15

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: To all you Danny Carrey lovers...

    Wow! Props to this guy! I actually got to meet Danny Carey after one of their shows a couple years ago...the guy is simply amazing!!
    DW - PEARL - PDP - ZILDJIAN - EVANS - VIC FIRTH


    Click for Gear Pics!

    DW Collector's Series - Blue Glass - 10, 12, 14, 16, 23
    Pearl Session Custom - Green Burst - 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 22
    PDP CX Maple - Red Glass - 12, 14, 16, 24


    Quote Originally Posted by LudwigLifer View Post
    If we had centerfolds for drums,that kit would be in one of them!

  16. #16

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: To all you Danny Carrey lovers...

    Quote Originally Posted by redheaddrummer03 View Post
    Wow! Props to this guy! I actually got to meet Danny Carey after one of their shows a couple years ago...the guy is simply amazing!!
    God i I hate you now............



    j/k, that would be a freakin dream for me though....soooooo jealous now.
    "What consumes your mind, controls your life" - So, what consumes your mind?

  17. #17

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: To all you Danny Carrey lovers...

    Quote Originally Posted by crazymanwithaplunger View Post
    God i I hate you now............



    j/k, that would be a freakin dream for me though....soooooo jealous now.
    LOL!! I haven't met many famous drummers, but he was in my top five for sure!! And I lucked out because my lead guitarist knew someone who knew someone..(You know how it goes), anyways, we got hooked up with free tickets on the floor and back stage passes for after the show!!

    It was an epic night for me!
    DW - PEARL - PDP - ZILDJIAN - EVANS - VIC FIRTH


    Click for Gear Pics!

    DW Collector's Series - Blue Glass - 10, 12, 14, 16, 23
    Pearl Session Custom - Green Burst - 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 22
    PDP CX Maple - Red Glass - 12, 14, 16, 24


    Quote Originally Posted by LudwigLifer View Post
    If we had centerfolds for drums,that kit would be in one of them!

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •