Thread: little tricks of the trade

User Info Menu

Default little tricks of the trade

a post on one of the threads here got me thinking, i dont remember who but he w2as saying about a little trick he does to play fast notes on the bass pedal where the first hit is normal and on the second hit you move your foot to the side.

i do something like that too where the second hit my foot would slide down slightly on the pedal or move to the side slightly( hope this makes sense to people)

anyway what i was wonder does anyone else have little technique tricks or whatever to play faster, harder, play better in anyway. this threqad might have been done before but lets do it again haha
    Got to stop hitting my self in the face with those drumsticks!!

User Info Menu

Default Re: little tricks of the trade

It wasn't me who Posted that thread but I do recall reading about that pedal technique in Modern drummer years ago. It seems to work fairly well. I use the sliding foot when playing triplets around the kit and doing RRL RRL RKK LKK
    There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value.

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/j...vaz/TheSet.jpg

User Info Menu

Sliding your foot to the side sounds like the swivel technique that I saw Tim Waterson doing - very effective it seems for getting good double pedal speed too.
    "What consumes your mind, controls your life" - So, what consumes your mind?

Larrysperf Guest

Dave Weckl has a vidio on it. Nuff Said

User Info Menu

get a really comfortable throne, nothing will fatigue you quicker on gigs than a cheap seat.

Official cowbell hater.

User Info Menu

I have to give this a try, heard of it myself too.

User Info Menu

How about practice? That seems to let you play harder, better, faster, stronger.
    Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    I like to stick a drumstick up my nose while playing 64ths on double bass at 208.
    Epic Win.

User Info Menu

i could swear pedal response from two single's if you move the bass drums in different positions. maybe im crazy

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MortalDrumbat View Post
    i could swear pedal response from two single's if you move the bass drums in different positions. maybe im crazy
    Maybe that sentence lacks a coherent structure and it's a little hard to derive what you're saying from it. At least you're not crazy.
    Today, on Ethel The Frog...