Thread: which double pedal should i get?

User Info Menu

Default which double pedal should i get?

im interested to know what exactly are the differences between the good known ones (cobra, eliminator, axis longboard) and the cheap stuff (still with the big names though, i know mapex has one).. tell me what you think is the best, im pretty sure buying a cheap double pedal is not a very wise decision but i dont really know

User Info Menu

Default Re: which double pedal should i get?

You get what you pay for. The more expenisve pedals tend to be more customizable, built better, and a lot smoother. What's your budget?
    www.myspace.com/joeguitar

Feel free to request me. Just make sure you add a message with it cause I get too many from people I just don't know.

User Info Menu

I think it is worth buying a cheap double pedal to start off withto see wether double bass is the thing for you.. I got mine for about £80 ($40) and i have been using that for about 2 years. now i am ready to move up to pedals such as the iron cobra which i currently have on order. Another pedal i was seriously considering was the dualist pedal. It takes a bit of getting used to but i think it would be an asset to any body's set up.

User Info Menu

Tama Cobra pedals especially with the attachment capabillities making it a must buy. Powerglide Hi-Hat stand Cobraclutch

User Info Menu

all that matters is if it works for you. If it has the feel you want and the sturdiness you want and the features you want then it will work good.

I like my dw5000's i wanted a single pedal but i got such a good deal on this that i went with the double version of it.

the iron cobras are nice, but are nothing but power (IMO)

the pearl elims are the most customizable and i was going to get them but i found that i liked the 5000's a little better.

I really like the yamaha flying dragons too, i was thinking about getting some for my E-kit because i need a pedal for it.
    -Steven

User Info Menu

Take your bank card and go to a store and try as much as you can. I like the DW7000. My next upgrade.

User Info Menu

All are good choices, but I've been looking at the B.O.A.s by PDP, which look very interesting... But I have played some DW5000s, those are great as well! I currently use some PDP double pedals, they're a bit heavy, but I think they're ok. If you can get a higher end pedal do it!
    My Set:
    5 Piece PDP FS series
    Joey Jordison Signature Snare
    Sabian B8 14", 18" Thin Crashes
    Sabian B8 16" Thin Crash Dented Edition
    Sabian XS20 14" Medium Hi-Hats
    Sabian B8 20" Ride
    Paiste Innovative 20" Heavy Ride
    Jhmeg2 Über Ride 20" Special Edition

User Info Menu

Go to a store and play a bunch of them. Borrow your friends pedals. Figure out what you like. Gibraltar makes a nice pedal, and they don't cost a ton like some other companies.
    "Life is backwards. Happiness isn't something you seek, it's something that finds you when you are doing the right thing." - Zone47

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by quikstang2 View Post
    Go to a store and play a bunch of them. Borrow your friends pedals. Figure out what you like. Gibraltar makes a nice pedal, and they don't cost a ton like some other companies.
    I hear Gibraltar pedals are kinda cheap, but I dunno.
    Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    I like to stick a drumstick up my nose while playing 64ths on double bass at 208.
    Epic Win.

User Info Menu

how good is the P122TW pearl pedal?

thanks for all the comments!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hedon- View Post

Pearl has a pretty good reputation, but you may just want to go with an iron cobra.
    Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    I like to stick a drumstick up my nose while playing 64ths on double bass at 208.
    Epic Win.

User Info Menu

but it costs about twice as much! is the difference really worth it? \=

Subrick Guest

Get none. Get a 2nd bass drum then 2 pedals of one of the companies.

In all seriousness, either Eliminators or Axis.

User Info Menu

I have owned Tama IC, Gibraltar Intruders, DW 5000s, and Pearl Elims.

Through personal experience, I say DW 5000s or Pearl Eliminators.

But I here that Tama is discontinuing the IC...you might be able to find some for a very good price if this is true.
    DW - PEARL - PDP - ZILDJIAN - EVANS - VIC FIRTH

Click for Gear Pics!

DW Collector's Series - Blue Glass - 10, 12, 14, 16, 23
    Pearl Session Custom - Green Burst - 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 22
    PDP CX Maple - Red Glass - 12, 14, 16, 24

Quote Originally Posted by LudwigLifer View Post
    If we had centerfolds for drums,that kit would be in one of them!

User Info Menu

Awhile back I thought it might be time to try out a double pedal, so I went to my local drum store and tried out about 6-7 of them. To me, the Pearl Powershifter Elims were the smoothest, so that's what I ended up buying. Incredibly adjustable, and really feel great to play. But it's really a matter of personal preference, like anything else. That's why there are so many to choose from.

I ended up selling them, because the music I play just doesn't really call for doubles, but it convinced me to buy an Elim single pedal, and also an Elim high hat, which I use today, and I love both of those.
    Why do psychics have to ask you your name? And how come you never heard of a psychic winning the lottery?
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

User Info Menu

Like what the other people said, just go to a music store and try out as many as you can. If you love one pair above all others, but can't afford it, it's totally worth saving up that little more cash.

Just try and get the one which feels most comfortable. However, stay away from Pulse double kicks.
    - Zack

User Info Menu

just chiming in....

I have used Pearl Elim's, Iron Cobra's, as well as a set by Gibraltor...(don't remem which model, were on someone else's kit)

The IC's were great.....no real complaints there

Gibraltor's were decent...but they were not as smooth....

Pearl Elim's were by far my favorite.....very smooth....(my next purchase)

My two cents...
    ...I am not seeing things as they are....I am seeing things as I am....

User Info Menu

hmmm...? I am gonna be looking myself down the road a bit.. Best advice here is try out a bunch and pick the one that feels best to you. -Les

User Info Menu

I like to go a different route. I get the worst, hardest to play pedal I can find. If I can rock that, then everything else is cake.

Robert

"Ok Guys This Is In Da Key Of Boom Chick Boom Boom Chick...." - SIR PHROGGE

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, write a sonnet, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, solve equations, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." Robert Heinlein

Zildjian League #1 Flunkie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hedon- View Post

these are also great pedals. they are like the little brother of the elims. not as good, but still darn good. If i were you like everyone said go to the music store and try out as many pedals as you can, you might not get one of the "top three" but youll get one that you like the feel of. you never buy until you try with drums, otherwise you may get screwed.
    -Steven

User Info Menu

i got the eliminator's little brother!
    its cool but is it normal that no matter what i do theres always a slight difference between the 2 pedals? and my left leg is terrible i hope everyone is like that in the beginning

User Info Menu

I love my dw9000's! I tried a ton of pedals the Iron cobras, elims and even the Dw5000's are all great pedals. Its all up to what u like try everything you can. Im looking forward to tryin the Elim demon drive that pedal looks hott

User Info Menu

I was sold on the fact with the Iron Cobras, I could get the Hi-Hat attachment to prevent slipping and with the Cobra Clutch everything was locked in tight along with the easiest clutch I ever used.

User Info Menu

get axis and youll never need an upgrade. anyone know where to get the black ones though?