Thread: Used PDP set - opinion?

User Info Menu

Default Used PDP set - opinion?

Can any of you give your opinion on this deal?

I am going to discuss it with my financial manager tonight and possibly go check it out tomorrow. The $550 includes the shells pictured in the ad, the hardware for the toms, the snare stand and a padded bag for the 8" tom. The sizes are 8, 10, 12, 14, and 16" toms (not sure of all them, but there is 16x14, 14x14), 22x18" bass, 14" snare (not sure of depth, but it looks to be about 4-5".

He states they are in excellent shape, used to play in a church band in Murfreesboro, TN (PB, you know this guy?). Looks promising, but I was hoping someone here could possibly identify the series, and possibly name that finish for me. He said it starts out kind of dark grey with some purple fading to pearl white at the ends. Anyway, any help is appreciated.
    Last edited by drummer; 01-31-2009 at 12:01 PM. Reason: Commercial Link
    Robert

"Ok Guys This Is In Da Key Of Boom Chick Boom Boom Chick...." - SIR PHROGGE

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, write a sonnet, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, solve equations, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." Robert Heinlein

Zildjian League #1 Flunkie

User Info Menu

Default Re: Used PDP set - opinion?

i think its an excellent deal i played a pdp set kinda like that but im not sure the same model but all in all its an excellent deal
    PEARL MASTERS MCX in Bronze Glass
    24x18
    16x16
    13x9
    Camilo:''your guitarrist is awesome',Xweasel: ''yeah he's asian''

Larrysperf Guest

Dont know PDP much but looks like a good deal to me

User Info Menu

Well, I've called the guy and arranged to meet him to look at it tonight. Any more opinions are welcome, though. If I buy them, I will be posting pics tomorrow.
    Robert

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, write a sonnet, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, solve equations, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." Robert Heinlein

User Info Menu

Sk him what model it is. go look on th eweb and see what they go for new. If you are not saving money why do it.

By the way PDP are great kits for the money
    DW Collectors
    Vintage Superstars
    Roland TD-20
    Misc. Snares
    My Web Site

User Info Menu

The least expensive PDP kits I could find on the web were around $750, with no hardware. That's why I am tempted by this offer. It's $200 less, with hardware, and I forgot to mention, a Sabian 12" splash (not sure what series, but what the hey, it's another cymbal, right?). I'm leaving in less than 1/2 hour to go check it out. Wish me luck.
    Robert

User Info Menu

guess i chimed in late lol. PDP are awesome kits for the price! DW makes em. I saw go for it's in good condition. people are selling all kinds of stuff at good prices nowadays. use the recession to your advantage and bargain!

User Info Menu

Lagerhead, I just saw this thread. I have to saw that I think it's a good deal, and that you should definitely go for it!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Excellent deal, I love my PDP's. Would go for it with no doubt.

User Info Menu

add a second bass drum and your set for life. well you probably already are, but just sayin

User Info Menu

Right now, I have more than spent my allowance on drum gear in the past 1.5 months. I think I'll just stick with the double pedal for now so I don't have to sleep IN the extra bass drum.
    Robert