Thread: Just wanted to share....

User Info Menu

Default Just wanted to share....

So, i jammed with a couple guys last weekend, and I am pretty excited...I found a WICKED bass player!!! This guy absolutely ROCKS!!!....plays a 5-string...and man, does he play it!! (The other guy I'm kinda so-so about...rhythm guitarist)...and my girlfriend's brother is a monstrous lead guitarist, so the three of us are gonna get together after New Year's and have a little jam session, probably form a band....this bass player was playing "Schizm" by Tool while I was setting up my kit...if any of you are familiar with Tool... ....and I think I found the bass player that can play YYZ with me, hehehehe...so anyway, just wanted to share!
    Word to the wise : don't mess with the drummer.

User Info Menu

And pardon me if I seem a little over excited, lol...I played with a mediocre-at-best bass player for 8 years, in the last band i was in, lol
    Word to the wise : don't mess with the drummer.

User Info Menu

That sounds awesome man, hope everything works out for yourself and the band.
    God Bless & Rock On
    Current Set: Yamaha 7pc Maple Custom Abosulte
    Current Cymbals: Zildjian A Custom Cymbals
    Hardware: Yamaha 1100 Series, and DW 5000 Series Kick

User Info Menu

Go for it Big. Sounds like you have a good thing forming there. Lots of luck too you.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigTallG
    ...I played with a mediocre-at-best bass player for 8 years, in the last band i was in, lol
    LOL, so have I. Actaully we are still playing with a mediocre bass player. A good bass player is hard to find :( My band has been through about 9 bass players for the last 25+ years.

Keith

User Info Menu

Cool Just wanted to share....

Sounds like you guys ROCK and you haven't officially formed your group!

Keep us posted!

keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Good luck!

jarhead Guest

sweet...good luck with it

User Info Menu

I hope all goes well with the Band You are trying to Form.Our Bass player is just starting out,But he's a good friend of ours so we are willing to teach him,Etc...Well I hope all goes well.Check out my Band....Bleeding Tears Of Tomorrow....

User Info Menu

awesome man, great bass players are hard to come by. when you find them dont let em go. always good to have as many bassists in your rolodex as possible.

User Info Menu

Nothing like finding a good bass player to 'lock-in' with. The first band I was in started with me and a bass player - since then I've always clicked with bass players.

One of the bands I'm playing in at the moment just had to fire our bass player ... by god but that's a painful thing to do; it's like putting down a sick dog. Finding a full-time replacement is proving really hard.