Thread: Evans EC-1 ?? Hidden gems!!

User Info Menu

Default Evans EC-1 ?? Hidden gems!!

Ok, so last night before my gig I stoped by G-center to grab a couple pair of sticks, as you know they are having this January Clearance sale...I spot a set of EC-1s in my size's there only $7 dollars a head?? I just couldent pass it up so I baught all 3 heads..I do not hear anyone talk about these heads at all and most people just shun them myself included and just head for the EC-2? the kid at GC said they do not sell and thats why they are blowing them out...Ok anyway, They are 14mil heads exact same thickness as the EC-2 Only the EC-2 Is two ply's of 7mil and the EC-1 is one solid 14mil ply..

Today when I took my drums out to clean them I decided to toss these on and see what the deal was...I had the EC-2 Clear on and thats what came off, so back to it, I slapped on the EC-1s and tuned em up...I was blown away! they sound incredible and I was surprised that I along with everyone else I spoke with have always just blown them off...They are much more focused if you can imagine that, the attack is way better! the pitch is more deep and warm, just an incredible head...I am telling you guys this so you can try them, they simply ROCK !

I went back to GC today to buy all the rest at that price!! And all they had left were 10 and 12s no more 14s so I grabbed 3 more 10s and 3 more 12s...I should be set for awhile and at $7 bucks a head it was a great deal..

Please give the EC-1 A try, I think you will be amazed at how good it sounds! It must have something to do with the ply being solid as oposed to 2- 7 mil plys?, and it certainly is just a durable as far as I can tell..Fantastic head that has been overlooked!

I have also been using the EC Resonant head and it also is a great head and makes a big difference in the overall tone...But Hey, try those EC-1s...awesome!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Evans EC-1 ?? Hidden gems!!

Cool Bill!! Glad you like them!!! And at that price, you must like them better!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Evans EC-1 ?? Hidden gems!!

I first got the EC 2's and they had to much attack and difficult to tune. so I went back and got the clear EC 1's. They were a little too open so I went back and got the EC 1's coated and were just right and have been playing them ever since until I wore them out. G-Center said they don't carry them any more. Pissed me off. Now they say all they carry is the 12 mil. G-Plus. Played them about a day took em off and put on my trusty G-1's clear with my Evens O's. G-1 bottoms, "perfection" It was dissapointing cause the E-C 1's were effortless.