Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ddrum drums discussion

User Info Menu

Default Re: Ddrum drums discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend D. View Post
    This morning i saw a no name snare that looked exactly like ddrum snares. Go figure.
    I've seen one that looked like a Ddrum snare too. In my opinion perhaps in the lower end lines (D2, Diablo) they may just stamp their logo on Asian stencil kits, but I think the higher end stuff Ddrum must have some kind of role in the manufacturing

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Smiling Swine View Post
    I've actually looked into buying a DDrum set here recently. Would anyone recommend them? A local music shop has a few of the dominion series that look fantastic and at a great price right now and I'm really considering picking them up. Any feedback would be appreciated.
    I gigged with a Maple Pocket ddrum kit for almost 6 months solid and found it to meet and exceed my expectations and performed flawlessly.

I feel they are an excellent value and well above beginner quality but without the high price!
    Signature here

User Info Menu

does anyone know what ddrum stands for? i thought it stood for "designer drums" cause their designs resemble custom drums for a lot less. anyone hear any cross talk on this?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MortalDrumbat View Post
    does anyone know what ddrum stands for? i thought it stood for "designer drums" cause their designs resemble custom drums for a lot less. anyone hear any cross talk on this?
    Not sure on that..actually I kinda doubt that knowing that ddrum got their start in the 80s (I believe) manufacturing electronic triggers and pads. ddrum is owned/distributed by a holding company that also deals Dean Guitars.
    Designer drums?? I don't think so. -Les

User Info Menu

is it digital drums then?

User Info Menu

Dean (guitar) drums

Hence, ddrum.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Can I get an AMX to match my AMX?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Life is backwards. Happiness isn't something you seek, it's something that finds you when you are doing the right thing." - Zone47

User Info Menu

is it digital drums then?
    Prolly. -Les

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    I gigged with a Maple Pocket ddrum kit for almost 6 months solid and found it to meet and exceed my expectations and performed flawlessly.

I feel they are an excellent value and well above beginner quality but without the high price!
    Thanks.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by quikstang2 View Post
    pocket maples in lime sparkle might match that car. aside from that, i dont know if anything would

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    Dean (guitar) drums

Hence, ddrum.
    ddrum was ddrum back in the 80's..Im not sure if there was any affiliation with Dean back then? -Les

User Info Menu

why do i want to play dean guitars so much now haha

User Info Menu

ddrums in a band with dean guitars would be sick!

User Info Menu

ddrums in a band with dean guitars would be sick!
    You got that right!!

-Les

User Info Menu

I know the Dios Maple series is new, but has anybody played or seen in person any of the the ddrum Dios ST, which was ash/bubinga?
    Ludwig Classic Maple w/Supraphonic Snare
    Sonor S-Classix
    Paiste New Signature Dark Energy

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lesizmor View Post
    ddrum was ddrum back in the 80's..Im not sure if there was any affiliation with Dean back then? -Les
    I have no idea what is right!
    Signature here

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=JDog;179186]Here's a new video playing a Disturbed cover. Note that the track is a minus track so the only drums you hear are the ddrums (whether that's good or bad!).

Hey JDog
    You may not have alot of flash, but you're a very solid player. Your time is excellent, and you even nailed the long rest somewhere in the middle.
    The ddrums sound pretty good, especially the kick. Thanks for placing the camera right there in front of it.
    What you got in your bass drum? Great front head, too.
    For me the best sounding item on this recording was the ride. What is she? Wood or nylon tip sticks?
    Thanks for the look in to the sound of ddrums. The Bubinga are on my list. Watched the other vid you posted of the bubinga demo. That guys feet were way tight. Just as much an ad for the DW pedal as for the ddrums.
    Peace and rhythm.
    Proudly playing:
    Doc Sweeney Drums
    A bunch of snares
    A bunch of cymbals

Off-Set double pedals

I think I love to play the drums simply because you get to hit 'em!!!

User Info Menu

Thanks for the words Johnny G! As for the bass drum, I have a single pillow that I mostly baffle the beater side, very little muffle on the outer head (which is a custom head by DrumART). I am trying a Remo Powersonic Clear on the beater side. I mic the bass with a Shure Beta 52 with it mounted inside the shell (less outside resonant head to mess with, hey I'm on a budget). As for the ride cymbal, it's my crown jewel. It's actually a hand me down from my dad. It's an old Zildjian that he used to play in the 70's. You can't beat years worth of the crud and gunk killing the overtones on a ride I play with wood tipped 7A sticks. I'm a pretty soft hitter but am learning to lay into the drums to bring out some of the attack. I'm checking out your Youtube videos and will comment.

User Info Menu

the sound makes me want them

User Info Menu

i like the white ones

User Info Menu

Hey Mortal, you talking about the AMX in white finish? I haven't had the chance to see those in person. I thought about that color, they would definately show on stage! I'm sure the dark hardware would look great against a light/white shell.

Johnny G - I love the different camera angles Good playing, I like the higher pitched toms, a bit of nostalgia to them (Rush, Yes, etc.). Would like to hear you groove to some minus tracks, etc. Rock On!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JDog View Post
    Johnny G - I love the different camera angles Good playing, I like the higher pitched toms, a bit of nostalgia to them (Rush, Yes, etc.). Would like to hear you groove to some minus tracks, etc. Rock On!
    Thanks JDog
    Certainly I'm a Rush-head for sure. Yes is prob my #3-4 fav over Tull or Zep, but hard to rank genius!
    I've since taken down the 8" to go 2 up-2 down. Love this config. Seems the most natural.
    Those heads are about four years old, so my poor old girl's ain't sounding their best to say the least. And I took off the reso's all the way around because the floors kept losing tension rods as I played. So, what you heard is sort of a Phil Collins sound, without the heavy compresion of course.
    But I'm not puttin any $ into them as I plan on a new kit before the year is out. Gonna need every penny.
    Callin for a quote on the Ddrum bubinga's today.
    Proudly playing:
    Doc Sweeney Drums
    A bunch of snares
    A bunch of cymbals

Off-Set double pedals

User Info Menu

So..
    I called a ddrum dealer in Sacramento yesterday. He sold a ddrum Dios Bubinga, 2 up/2 down, plus snare, for just over $1600 out the door just last week!!!
    He told me times are so tough that they're happy to get kits out of the store for any profit at all, so deals are being made.
    I may have just had my mind made up for me by the almighty $. At that price, I don't see how I could lose.
    Come on graduation day!!
    Proudly playing:
    Doc Sweeney Drums
    A bunch of snares
    A bunch of cymbals

Off-Set double pedals

User Info Menu

Johnny G,
    Bad for the dealers, good for the players I suppose, let us know if you snag a set, would love to see some pics and videos! Now I need to decide if I want to pursue a set,,, Buyers market, right?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by quikstang2 View Post
    pocket maples in lime sparkle might match that car. aside from that, i dont know if anything would
    I was being facetious... but if I had an AMX I would want an exact matching AMX.
    "Life is backwards. Happiness isn't something you seek, it's something that finds you when you are doing the right thing." - Zone47