Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ddrum drums discussion

User Info Menu

Default Ddrum drums discussion

For any and all ddrum lovers out there, you know who you are. A place to discuss and present your lovely ddrum's to the unsuspecting society.

Or anyone really. Have fun!

Advertisement

Cool Drum Accessories

User Info Menu

Default Re: Ddrum drums discussion

Here's mine....

Signature here

User Info Menu

And a few more to rub it in...

Signature here

User Info Menu

thanks bish, im glad to see some ddrums in here! are those the dominion maples? im getting amx soon, ill post when i know more. ive never seen a white sparkle under black hardware, it looks great. how are they working out for you?

User Info Menu

There are a great little kit. I don't have them any longer as they were one of the casualties of buying my DW's.

But I would get one again if I needed a good inexpensive great sounding kit for small gigs.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

looking at those pics makes me want them even more, if thats even possible. i tried to order some the other day, but the guy didnt have 8 and 14" add ons so im lookin at their other lines. i love how they do crazy custom work for you and it ends up being less than i heard it was with dw. how are the dw's?

User Info Menu

bish how many kits do you have and what brands ?
    PEARL MASTERS MCX in Bronze Glass
    24x18
    16x16
    13x9
    Camilo:''your guitarrist is awesome',Xweasel: ''yeah he's asian''

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by shabutie2113 View Post
    bish how many kits do you have and what brands ?
    Currently, I have ...

1) 7 pc. DW Collectors Series in Ruby Red Glass

2) 5 pc. TAMA Starclassics Bubinga

3) 6 pc. Pearl Masters MCX in Bronze Glass

4) 6 pc. Sonor 3007 in Autumn Burst

5) 5 pc. Practice kit made up of Mapex Black Panther Snare, Tama Rockstar stand-mounted toms, Pulse bass drum and floor tom.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Nice, Bish. I for one am in awe of that collection. And I thought I was a stud with my 3 snares.
    Robert

"Ok Guys This Is In Da Key Of Boom Chick Boom Boom Chick...." - SIR PHROGGE

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, write a sonnet, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, solve equations, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." Robert Heinlein

Zildjian League #1 Flunkie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LagerHead View Post
    Nice, Bish. I for one am in awe of that collection. And I thought I was a stud with my 3 snares.
    You ARE!
    Signature here

User Info Menu

i dont even think ive ever owned that many throughout the total time ive been playing. 2 snares yay

User Info Menu

Nice looking kit Bish! Here's some crappy pics of my new 7 piece ddrum AMX in redburst finish. For the price, these things sound and look great! I did swap out snares for a Pork Pie Little Squealer. I'll work on getting some better pics when I play out with these things.
    Attached Images Attached Images

User Info Menu

While I like pictures of kits, I would much rather hear them and what the level of playing are. So, with that in mind, here are some files recorded during some rehearsals so you can get a feel for what the kit sounds like. I use a Shure Beta 52 on kick, SM57 on snare, some cheaper compressor mics for overheads, and cheap Audio Technica on toms, all routed into a Line 6 UX8, finally into Cubase LE. I only apply a little compression and limit, no other processing, etc. so you can hopefully get a somewhat good idea of the kit.

http://www.novotx.com/tracks/JustDrums.mp3

http://www.novotx.com/tracks/FastJazz.mp3

http://www.novotx.com/tracks/BeautifulDisaster.mp3

JDog

User Info Menu

Bish

Pretty nice setup you have there.
    Is that a DDrum Dios shellpack?
    Great photos too.
    Last edited by kona; 02-15-2009 at 06:23 PM.
    Gary

User Info Menu

totally cool. that light makes it impossible to see the actual color though, are they pinkish brown?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kona View Post
    Bish

Pretty nice setup you have there.
    Is that a DDrum Dios shellpack?
    Great photos too.
    Actually it's a maple pocket kit I got from Guitar Center. They price matched me with the 4pc white kit from MF...I couldn't pass it up.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Beautiful kit, JDog.

Looks as pro as anything out there.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Thanks Bish, as I said, I'm amazed at the bang for the buck from DDrum. Heck, I paid under $900 for the entire shell pack (8" tom, 10" tom, 12" tom, 14" floor tom, 16" floor tom, 22" bass, and snare)!

User Info Menu

Is there a ddrum kit that's similar in price/quality to the Tama Starclassic or Pearl Masters? I'm interested in it, but I don't see many around to try out.
    Last edited by shoedaddy; 02-19-2009 at 09:02 AM.
    Ludwig Classic Maple w/Supraphonic Snare
    Sonor S-Classix
    Paiste New Signature Dark Energy

User Info Menu

shoedaddy,
    I don't know about feature for feature, every manufacturer has their own tweaks, etc.. I do know that ddrum has the "Dios" series of drums that are considered to be more of their upper end kits. The cool thing is you can get them in just about any style of wood, from Ash, Maple, Bubinga, Walnut, etc. The trick is finding someone that stocks them. Best thing is to Google ddrum dios and see what you can find. Note that I have played Pearl Reference drums and absolutely loved them, but these ddrums are 1/4 of the price.

User Info Menu

i thought they took dios off and replaced em with a new series or somthin

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JDog View Post
    shoedaddy,
    I don't know about feature for feature, every manufacturer has their own tweaks, etc.. I do know that ddrum has the "Dios" series of drums that are considered to be more of their upper end kits. The cool thing is you can get them in just about any style of wood, from Ash, Maple, Bubinga, Walnut, etc. The trick is finding someone that stocks them. Best thing is to Google ddrum dios and see what you can find. Note that I have played Pearl Reference drums and absolutely loved them, but these ddrums are 1/4 of the price.
    One of my friends has a limited edition ddrum, I think a Dios series, that he wants to sell me. He told me it is INSANE! 5 pc set, 1 up two down tom set up.
    Tama Starclassic Birch in Emerald Sea Fade 24x18, 13x10, 18x16
    Mapex Black Panther Phosphor Bronze 5.5x14
    Remo Coated Emperors (or Evans Clear EC2s) over Remo Coated Ambassadors
    Remo Coated Ambassador Over Hazy Diplomat Snare Side
    Dream Contact 14" Hi-Hats, Zildjian Avedis 21" Sweet Ride, Zildjian A Custom 18" Projection Crash, Wuhan 18" China
    Vic Firth 5As and 5Bs/Sound Percussion 5Bs and 2Bs

"Da head of the drum doesn't matter, it's da head of da drummer that matters most..." -Phrogge

User Info Menu

dude theres no way those sound clips are from the amx, ive heard amx and the snare in those clips is a shallow steel snare.

User Info Menu

MortalCombat,
    I'm assuming you are referring to my sound clips? Yes the snare is a Pork Pie Little Squealer (I thought I stated that, if not, my bad). It is a maple snare though (AWESOME snare).

Here's a video I posted to show more on the tone of these drums.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pU1wMhnUcZg"]YouTube - DDrums Always With You[/ame]

User Info Menu

wow, those are really amx's? they sound so different from the ones i heard. are they modified?