Thread: Trouble with Cubase

User Info Menu

Default Trouble with Cubase

I just got a Tascam US-1641 Recording interface that came with Cubase le4
    I am still a newbie at recording, I got home and installed Cubase to my laptop with no trouble, and everything was working fine until I started recording. It records no more then 3 minutes and then tells me that I'm recording to many tracks (I was recording 7 at the time) But then I tried recording with only 3 tracks and a similar thing happened. Any tips?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Trouble with Cubase

I'm not too familiar with Cubase but it could be a number of things. to get started off:

1. What are the specs of your computer?
    2. Do you have the computer optimized properly to run Cubase smoothly?
    3. What is the hardware buffer sixe you have running?
    4. What is the sample rate you're recording at?

It can be a pain to get things running smoothly but the best thing you can do is to do a lot of researh before you start recording. Also, if you don't have an external drive you should consider getting one. recording on to the same drive Cubase is running on can make things run a lot slower and all those files will eventually pile up and smother your computer.
    www.myspace.com/joeguitar

Feel free to request me. Just make sure you add a message with it cause I get too many from people I just don't know.

User Info Menu

off the top of my head that your buffer size is too small. the computer saves everything that happens to a temporary folder. Then processes it and throws down the tracks once your done. So if that space is allowed too small. It wont finish the song.

Im getting a new computer built one day to handle lots of vsts and decent recording programs :>
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

go to the Cubase forum cubase.net

This is not a commercial post ;-)
    DW Collectors