Thread: Server Down

User Info Menu

The entire server was down from about 8:45pm to 10:30pm tonight. We're sorry for the inconvenience.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Server Down

I hate to sound like a complainer but is anyone else noticing that it still takes almost 30 + seconds for any page to completely load?

It's getting to the point where the site is almost unusable due to the slow page refresh.

Is it just me?
    Signature here

User Info Menu

I'm not getting that Bish. It's fast for me. Is it loading slow for anyone else?

User Info Menu

im not getting any slowness either, everything is quick today. yesterday shortly after the server came back... it was a little bit sluggish, but today everyhing is just as fast as usual.

User Info Menu

No problems here.

Cheers,
    John
    "No Sharezies!"

User Info Menu

Sometimes it is slow for me but not on a constant basis.

I always thought it was because my computer line here at work goes from PA to NY to a server there to connect to the net .

User Info Menu

I've got the same thing as you GF. It could be something with the servers when there is high volume, or it could simply be my cable ISP. You know how notorious cable service can be.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

I have two internet connections. The home and here at work.

Either one seems to act the same.

Bummed...
    Signature here

User Info Menu

hmmm all seems fine for me.

Larrysperf Guest

ok here must be all you drum pictures overloading the system lol Just joking you know we love them. Nuff Said

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    I have two internet connections. The home and here at work.

Either one seems to act the same.

Bummed...

.........I got 2 suggestions.

1. get rid of your dial up service at the house

2. your boss may be trying to give you a subtlle hint

User Info Menu

Other than last night....I did have some problems over the weekend trying to change pages, and then finally I just gave up and logged out. It had been extremely slow and then I went to another site, and when I came back I could not even get the DC home page to load again.

Might be some bandwidth issues at busy times as mentioned by PB.
    Why do psychics have to ask you your name? And how come you never heard of a psychic winning the lottery?
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gonefishin View Post
    .........I got 2 suggestions.

1. get rid of your dial up service at the house

2. your boss may be trying to give you a subtlle hint

I'll call your bluff and raise you one...here's how my home internet connection tests out.

Signature here

User Info Menu

Cool Re: Server Down

I noticed a few glitches, but truth is, slow computer speed may also be due to a lot of programs or unneeded files you need to clean out at your end--or you may need to defragment your computer...check your computer's SYSTEM TOOLS for that!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bongobro View Post
    I noticed a few glitches, but truth is, slow computer speed may also be due to a lot of programs or unneeded files you need to clean out at your end--or you may need to defragment your computer...check your computer's SYSTEM TOOLS for that!
    It's not the computer.

I can go to PDF, GN, MM and a host of other sites and the pages load in seconds.

For whatever reason this site is extremely slow for me. I just got on for the first time since a few hours ago and it seems better than normal. I'll see if it's still good after a few page refreshes.
    Signature here