Thread: How to post pictures successfully

User Info Menu

Default How to post pictures successfully

UPDATED September 2nd, 2011:

Due to policy changes with this forum we can no longer upload images directly to Drum Chat. You will need to sign up with an image hosting site of your choice, upload your images to that site and use that sites imaging tools to post links to this forum.

Thank you for your understanding and sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused

I've seen many a user making attempts to post a picture on the site and thought I'd try to unlock the mystery for anyone interested.

First you need to start a post.

You can start by typing about your topic or simply post a picture. To do so successfully you have to have access to the image file.

You then have to include it in your post. To do that you can handle it one of two ways. Either have the picture on your computer or on a hosting site like photobucket.

Here, I'm going to explain how to load an image from your local computer.

So we have our topic and text typed here...

This is my drumset. (That picture will be the last one in this thread.) The first 3 are screen shots for Managing Attachments.

The first picture is from my local machine in my "My Pictures" folder on my local PC. To use that photo I scroll down to the bottom section of this screen called Additional Options.

Click on the rectangle 'Manage Attachments'

Click browse to locate and select the file for uploading and choose open, then choose upload. At that point your picture will then embed into the post.

If you have any further questions, please post them here.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Default Re: How to post pictures successfully

Easy enough!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    I've seen many a user making attempts to post a picture on the site and thought I'd try to unlock the mystery for anyone interested.

First you need to start a post.

You can start by typing about your topic or simply post a picture. To do so successfully you have to have access to the image file.

You then have to include it in your post. To do that you can handle it one of two ways. Either have the picture on your computer or on a hosting site like photobucket.

Here, I'm going to explain how to load an image from your local computer.

So we have our topic and text typed here...

This is my drumset. (That picture will be the last one in this thread.) The first 3 are screen shots for Managing Attachments.

The first picture is from my local machine in my "My Pictures" folder on my local PC. To use that photo I scroll down to the bottom section of this screen called Additional Options.

Click on the rectangle 'Manage Attachments'

Click browse to locate and select the file for uploading and choose open, then choose upload. At that point your picture will then embed into the post.

If you have any further questions, please post them here.
    HOLA comoo estas Mi amigo BISH CREATIVE ARTISTIC OPEN MINDED DRUMMER ARTIST 008 SECRET DRUMMER SPY ANCIENT WISE OWL BIRD CAT within great wisdom knowledge aware-ness GRACIAS EXCELLENTE within the WELL EXPRESSED INFO KNOWLEDGE **

User Info Menu

Great run down.

User Info Menu

Thanks, guys.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

For anyone who doesn't feel like making a photobucket account, imageshack lets you upload without all that.

User Info Menu

I'm pretty dense. I looked at testing this out but at the bottom of the reply page I did'nt see the "manage attachments" icon. Did I miss something? All I see is "rate this thread".

User Info Menu

I got a general question. Sometimes when I write a lengthy reply or try to post a pic, it always has to run it by the moderator for the ok. I just tried to post a pic here and could'nt see the results right away because of this. Whats up with this? It does'nt do it with short replys.????? Just real curious.

User Info Menu

UH sorry about the information presented here. Not long ago we disabled adding attachments due to the stress it put on the servers and created a sluggish performance factor.

For the time being you do need to host pictures on another site and embed them into your posts here.

As for your delay in postings that should clear up about now.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Thanks Bish. I was alittle confused on all that.....

I want to try this one more time to see if this actualy works.

User Info Menu

BAM, a home run.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Bish I thought there was a certain size pics that could be downloaded into some threads. I see pics that are so big they take all of the pages. Is there not a restrictions on the sizes to use. I even seen some Mods display very large photos of their kits and others. Also some signatures are awfull big like Grampire takes the whold page can he not shrink it down abit.

User Info Menu

I don't think we have any rules in place for the size or space of your signature.

Also, as far as this thread goes, I wrote this when we were able to upload pictures to the site. However, what that did was cause a terrible slow-down of the website itself to the point it was almost unusable. Page refreshes were taking up to and exceeding a minute, so the ability to upload pictures directly to the site was removed.

So, with that said, unfortunately the site is at the mercy of the picture taker. I will ask if there is a way to limit the overall size of pictures but at this point...enjoy the clarity.

Personally, I don't mind the large pictures, the larger than life pictures can get overwhelming to view especially if you are on a small monitor or have a lower resolution for your screen. I think 1024X768 is probably the lowest you should go to maintain reasonable viewing enjoyment to the sites images.

Sorry for any inconvenience this is causing you at this point.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Hi,

I am a newbie here so I feel a little stupid right now. I can't post any pictures because there is no rectangle that says "manage attachments when I try to reply to a thread or start a new one. Your directions are very clear and I completely understand them. I just don't see what you see when I try to post pics. Any ideas you can give me would be welcome.

Thanks,

Bill

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ntn2it View Post
    Hi,

I am a newbie here so I feel a little stupid right now. I can't post any pictures because there is no rectangle that says "manage attachments when I try to reply to a thread or start a new one. Your directions are very clear and I completely understand them. I just don't see what you see when I try to post pics. Any ideas you can give me would be welcome.

Thanks,

Bill
    It's been a while but we have disabled uploading pictures directly to the site due to performance problems.

To post images to this site you will need an internet hosting account and post links to your pictures from that site.

In my experience, I have found Photobucket to be very easy to use, host a lot of pictures and for the most part can be a free site.

If you need any further assistance with getting started please let me know.

Welcome to Drum Chat!
    Signature here

User Info Menu

I have updated the original post so hopefully any future confusion can be avoided.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

good job bish

R.i.P. FRANK YOU WILL BE REMEMBER AS A GENTLEMAN

how to attach an image http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ures-7721.html

FRENCHY

User Info Menu

It was mentioned that uploading attachments was disabled, because of bandwidth strains. But in your first post, it says to use the manage attachments button?
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Thanks guys for clearing this up. I wish I would have read all the way through the first post. I'm not real familiar with photobucket, but I will check them out and see how it all works.

Thanks again,

Bill
    PDP MX Series Drums, Zildjian A Custom cymbals, Tama Simon Phillips Gladiator Signature snare, Roc-N-Soc throne.

User Info Menu

I think this very dated thread needs an update. Other sites have 'manage attachments' as this site used to have. Are your servers really that slow? Check out wetpixel.com or scuba board.com where attachments are easily managed. Perhaps you need new servers.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sharkman View Post
    I think this very dated thread needs an update. Other sites have 'manage attachments' as this site used to have. Are your servers really that slow? Check out wetpixel.com or scuba board.com where attachments are easily managed. Perhaps you need new servers.
    This thread was updated. Hence the big red type in the very first post.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

It is nice to not have to use a hosting site in order to post pics.