Thread: Dixon piccolo snare...

User Info Menu

Smile Dixon piccolo snare...

Hey, I picked up a 4" piccolo snare made by Dixon, this thing sounds like a firecracker! it's wicked good, and not a bad price too.
    Anyone else, sampled one of these puppies ?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Dixon piccolo snare...

NICE! Is it a 13" or 14"? A sound file couldn't hurt neither.
    1971 Ludwig 3-ply Maple 7-piece shell set in Oyster Black Pearl w Supraphonic Snare
    1968 Mica-Sonic Deluxe 9-ply Luan Mahogony 4 piece jazz set in Aqua Satin Flame
    2004 Gretsch Catalina Club Jazz 7-ply Phillipene Mahogony 4 piece in Nitron Marine Pearl
    Lot's of old Zildjian A's, some K's, a few Sabiens, and a few Paiste

User Info Menu

Not a dixon, but I use a black panther piccolo snare in Jazz Choir and your right it pops and cracks like nothing I have ever heard and I love it! If I ever have the money I am going to buy myself one for at home but alas, 'tis not so. Piccolos rock!
    "You have to love music more then food. More than air. More than yourself."-The Wizard (August Rush)

I think I can realistically say that I will never be too old to laugh at a fart. Ever. -dave0549jv

If we give up, we will never know what we might have been. - Pastor Bob

DC Record for most users online at once! Be there or be square! http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ers-12079.html
    RIP Frank

User Info Menu

Congrats on the new snare Don! I was not familiar with the Dixon brand until some of our Aussie buddies talked about how good a name Dixon has down under. Post a pic of this new snare if you can.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Wink Re: Dixon piccolo snare...

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    Congrats on the new snare Don! I was not familiar with the Dixon brand until some of our Aussie buddies talked about how good a name Dixon has down under. Post a pic of this new snare if you can.
    Hey Pastor_Bob, kinda new at posting pics, so bear with me.
    I know there is a size limit, so I have to figure that out.
    Coming soon, snare & set pics....
    Cheers.
    Don

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ocddrummer View Post
    NICE! Is it a 13" or 14"? A sound file couldn't hurt neither.
    Yes, It's a 13"
    Hmm...sound file, well if I play it in my apt.
    my neigbours will lynch me

User Info Menu

Dixon makes some cool stuff! I would have scooped one but settled on a $49 PDC metal piccolo instead. Cant beat the Dixon in that price range. I have some Dixon hardware I bought in early 80's still going strong.

all the best...

User Info Menu

Sounds like a killer snare! My bronze piccolo is pretty meaty for a piccolo... I might look into a maple or steel one in the future to get more crack.
    "Life is backwards. Happiness isn't something you seek, it's something that finds you when you are doing the right thing." - Zone47

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by quikstang2 View Post
    Sounds like a killer snare! My bronze piccolo is pretty meaty for a piccolo... I might look into a maple or steel one in the future to get more crack.
    Hi quikstang2-Yes the Dixon sound is amazing, now I have that covered, I'm looking for an old wooden snare to round out the collection, and soon will be garage sales! hehehe