Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ultimate Positive, Wisdom, Feel Good Thread

User Info Menu

Default Re: The Ultimate Positive, Wisdom, Feel Good Thread

"if you give a mouse a cookie, he'll ask for a glass of milk" finally an explanation as to why people with great gear want more gear
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Luck is PREPARATION meeting OPPORTUNITY.
    There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value.

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/j...vaz/TheSet.jpg

User Info Menu

Cool Re: The Ultimate Positive, Wisdom, Feel Good Thread

Tomorrow.... I Get The Opportunity
    To Try And Win Again.....Somehow
    "FEEL DA GROOVE & PLAY IT FORWARD..."

"BEAUTY IS IN THE EARS OF THE BEHOLDER ,
    ENJOY IT ALL,,, MY BROTHERS & SISTERS"

COMMANDER & CHIEPH OF
    "PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY"

LEGEND IN MY OWN MIND
    & FORCE BEHIND DA
    "PHX AZ LEGEND OF DA ZYDECO GROOVE VEST"
    (AND OTHER TOYZ) INCLUDING PIZZABOX SNARE DRUM

IT'S ALL ABOUT DA SHOW !!!!!

User Info Menu

"Success is 10 percent inspiration and 90 percent perspiration." -- attributed to Thomas Alva Edison

"Life is a marathon, not a 50-yard dash. It's never too late to begin and it's always too soon to quit." -- Leonardo Drisdel, a former radio colleague of mine from WGNU, St. Louis

And, via my church ensemble's keyboard man and fearless leader:

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left and could say, 'I used everything you gave me.'" -- Erma Bombeck
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Many years ago I read a book...The Infidel...by Georgia Elizabeth Taylor. Of the main character, this was written:

"The Secret of Life lies not in the choosing of one's
    own Destiny but, rather, in how graceful and well
    formed one may develop in spite of the whimsical
    winds of Fate that guide each living Destiny."

In other words...CRAP happens and it's up to us how to deal with it.

User Info Menu

Many years ago I read a book...The Infidel...by Georgia Elizabeth Taylor. In it she wrote of the main character the following verse which has carried me through much. I hope it can do the same for you...

"The Secret of Life lies not in the choosing of
    of one's own Destiny but, rather, in how graceful
    and well-formed one may develop in spite of the
    whimsical winds of Fate that guide each living Destiny."

User Info Menu

"Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent"- anonymous

It is important to keep on trying or going no matter what others tell you. Positivity is key, and if you keep on trying there is a much better chance in succeeding.

"Successful people make it a habit of doing things that other people aren't willing to do."- anonymous

Also to be successful you have got to go above and beyond for what you want to accomplish. You have to dedicate yourself to what you are doing and be creative and open to new things.

User Info Menu

Glad to see you guys keeping this thread going. Good stuff!

User Info Menu

"There's always someone out there who's better than you".

Therefore, if there's always someone better than you, have fun with what you're doing. Don't worry about yourself compared to other people, do what you love to do the way you want to do it. Don't let other people get in the way, just have fun. That's what life's for anyway, isn't it?

User Info Menu

"humble yourself and listen to your instructor" - Bill Bachman.
    He actually said dat to me in an email :eyes:
    PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY
    TERROROUS TENORS
    TAMAHOLIC
    RIP frank. You'll never be forgotten.
    Post by Yohin: "I never say anything good enough for anyone's sig."

User Info Menu

Fear is greater than the danger. / An attempt is sometimes easier than expected.
    -Japanese Proverb
    Paiste Posse
    14inch 2002 series Sound Edge Hi-hats
    16inch and 18inch Signature series Fast crashes
    20inch 3000 series Ride
    18inch PST5 series China

Pearl Forum Series drum set
    Pearl Chad Smith Signature snare(steel shell)
    Tama Iron Cobra Chrome

RIP Frank - You will be remembered

User Info Menu

Lightbulb Little Tidbits

A while back...I got into TED.

Here's one that I would always remember:

http://www.ted.com/talks/ken_robinso...reativity.html

"To invent your own life's meaning is not easy, but it's still allowed, and I think you'll be happier for the trouble."
    - Bill Watterson (Kenyon College, Gambier Ohio, to the 1990 graduating class.)

For Bill's entire speech:
    http://home3.inet.tele.dk/stadil/spe_kc.htm

User Info Menu

love is like math: add the bed, subtract the clothes, divide the legs, and pray you dont multiply
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

did you know:

smiling takes way less muscles to undergo than frowning?

you will live longer if you smile and are happy more often than you are sad/depressed?

did you hear the story about the man with no shoes? He complained about it but then realized he was better off when he met the man with no feet.

Tomorrow, smile at a stranger as they walk bye. Make their day, and yours

accept others for their differences, and embrace the fact that all humans are different in their own ways

think of the glass being half full, not half empty. be optimistic

P.S. Happiness is good

P.P.S. BE HAPPY

User Info Menu

Good stuff Oak Tree!

User Info Menu

Theres no better feeling in the world than finishing a load out somewhere in canada and throwing open the doors to the loading dock after 11 pm and it still being daylight.

User Info Menu

My 7 year old little girl, Madz, is my inspiration. She faces every day with an incurable liver disease, yet she smiles at me every day with deep innocence and makes pure my soul. Love you , Maddawg!
    Somebody open a window, cuz this boy is FUNKY
    Old School Mapex Funk 7 piece
    Iron Cobra, Sabian, Evans, Pro-Mark
    Currently laying down grooves for my power funk trio Off The Hook and The Sho Nuf Blues Kings.

User Info Menu

"Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you are usually right." -- Henry Ford
    - Zack

User Info Menu

Keep anger in control. It leads to destruction of everything.

User Info Menu

Heres my story. I felt like I was just doing the right thing...........

was sitting at a stop light a a bunch of dumbass teenagers didnt stop at the light and t boned a family in a taurus and the two in from were older 50+ and they were pinned in the car and two young girls probally 6 and 7 in the back and I was the only one around. Scary ****. So I jumped out of my car without even thinking and by the time I realized it the 911 operator was telling me not to get hit as I was running across the highway. The little girl in the back was hanging out of the window screaming her head off and I finally got her to settle down I was talking to the passenger who had a broken arm and the driver was having a hard time breathing. Felt like 30min but the ambulance was there in a bout 10 and i was calling the whole family's family while waiting and trying to keep the girls in the back from getting more cut up by glass. They were able to get the two out of the front and the cops let me take the girls over to mcdonalds to get them some ice cream while we waited for thier dad to show up. The other daughter called me about 10 min ago from the hospital and said they were all ok and thanked me. So it ended up costing me an extra hour and a half to get home and $4 bucks but I think it was worth it. I never thought I would be able to do something like that but I didnt even know what I was doing til the operator said something. Weird. Well thats my story for the night.
    A set of Exports and paiste's
    Add My Band! www.myspace.com/setthesails0

User Info Menu

Wow! Not only did ya talk the talk, ya walked the walk, man!

update on oaktree's contribution: "Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent" has been attributed to Eleanor Roosevelt...

And this one, courtesy of my Weight Watchers leader:

"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you always got."
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

"If I do not fear the bee, the bee fears me"

I was outside sitting in the sun trying to soak up whatever much of it I could cause it's cold winter right? Then this bee comes around he mighta been a hornet or wasp I don't know. Anyways so i'm at first considering getting up and running away. Then i'm talking to myself saying "He's just doing his thing and probably wants to know who I am" and then to reassure myself I said ''If I do not fear the bee, the bee fears me." Sure enough he ran off after that after he learned that i work with his environment instead of pose a threat to it. The bee respected me because i respected him and his space, and i think a little fear went into that but i'm just rambling. If we could all be like a man sitting vs the bee going about his busy day we could exist on a higher plane of peace, love, and understanding for many years to come. The moral of the story is, I respect you as in turn you will respect me.
    Last edited by Russ; 12-15-2009 at 06:46 PM.

User Info Menu

"To love and be love is like feelling the sun from both sides."

for those who have been/are in love: you know this feeling
    for those who are searching for love: you will know it when you feel it

just a little inspiration on my favourite complex intricate confusing subject :D
    lifes too short so love the one ya got cuz ya might get run over or ya might get shot.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NomNomNom View Post
    Heres my story. I felt like I was just doing the right thing...........

was sitting at a stop light a a bunch of dumbass teenagers didnt stop at the light and t boned a family in a taurus and the two in from were older 50+ and they were pinned in the car and two young girls probally 6 and 7 in the back and I was the only one around. Scary ****. So I jumped out of my car without even thinking and by the time I realized it the 911 operator was telling me not to get hit as I was running across the highway. The little girl in the back was hanging out of the window screaming her head off and I finally got her to settle down I was talking to the passenger who had a broken arm and the driver was having a hard time breathing. Felt like 30min but the ambulance was there in a bout 10 and i was calling the whole family's family while waiting and trying to keep the girls in the back from getting more cut up by glass. They were able to get the two out of the front and the cops let me take the girls over to mcdonalds to get them some ice cream while we waited for thier dad to show up. The other daughter called me about 10 min ago from the hospital and said they were all ok and thanked me. So it ended up costing me an extra hour and a half to get home and $4 bucks but I think it was worth it. I never thought I would be able to do something like that but I didnt even know what I was doing til the operator said something. Weird. Well thats my story for the night.
    You should be very proud. I commend you for "doing something" when often people just look the other way.

User Info Menu

I second that! just read your story, very inspiring. If there were more people like you the worls would be such a better place.
    lifes too short so love the one ya got cuz ya might get run over or ya might get shot.