Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ultimate Positive, Wisdom, Feel Good Thread

User Info Menu

Default The Ultimate Positive, Wisdom, Feel Good Thread

This thread will be about goodness, hope, wisdom, courage and positivity. It should prove to be a source of comfort when needed. I'm thinking we can use quotes, uplifting news stories, testimonials to great positive things that have happened in our lives, etc. (The occasional reference to religion I think will be OK but please don't turn this thread into a vehicle for your own personal religious agenda.)

So here's the first...
    We've seen him before but I think it's worth starting this thread with something so incredibly inspiring. We can do anything we set our mind to. We can overcome all obstacles:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOknAY1mRq8"]YouTube- Life without limbs[/ame]

User Info Menu

Default Re: The Ultimate Positive, Wisdom, Feel Good Thread

Quote: Each person must live their life as a model for others. - Rosa Parks

User Info Menu

"Eagles may soar high above all others, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines"

Is that what we're going for here Tom?
    "What consumes your mind, controls your life" - So, what consumes your mind?

User Info Menu

http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...read-8802.html

Um seems like a copy of the above started by another drummer. Then again I could be wrong.

Larrysperf Guest

My wife is a source of goodness she goes into school early every morning to run the breakfast program she started. She feeds 120 kids every morning in 15 to 20 minutes as with out it they would be starting there day off with nothing. She does it all with only donations from outside the school board. She does it for the love she has for all the kids. She has won awards and feels imbaressed to get them as she wants nothing but to start the kids of with full bellies. Nuff Said

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Larrysperf View Post
    My wife is a source of goodness she goes into school early every morning to run the breakfast program she started. She feeds 120 kids every morning in 15 to 20 minutes as with out it they would be starting there day off with nothing. She does it all with only donations from outside the school board. She does it for the love she has for all the kids. She has won awards and feels imbaressed to get them as she wants nothing but to start the kids of with full bellies. Nuff Said

Official cowbell hater.

User Info Menu

Blessings on your wife for her love of the kids Larry!

If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. Mary Pickford
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    Blessings on your wife for her love of the kids Larry!

If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. Mary Pickford
    Cool! Mary Pickford has a theatre in her name in Palm Springs!!!

My thing is:

Enjoy every sunrise and sunset!

User Info Menu

Some more favourites of mine....

"A smile a day gets you punched in the face. No one should be THAT happy."

"If at first you don't succeed, stop trying. The true definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result."

"If you can stay calm, while all around you is chaos... then you probably haven't completely understood the seriousness of the situation"

"Targets - If you fail to set them you'll never fail to meet them"

"Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

Or maybe some old classic sayings like

"Keep on Truckin."

"When the goin gets tough, the tough get goin" - I have NEVER understood this saying. does it mean that tough people nick off when things actually get hard, meaning they weren't really tough, or that tough people respond during the tough situations of life, as in the "goin" means active as opposed to leaving?

User Info Menu

"Every dark cloud has a silver lining, but lightning kills thousands each year who are trying to find it" - found this one and had to share - there is something to be learnt from this....if only we will listen

User Info Menu

"The tallest blade of grass is first to be cut by the lawnmower"

User Info Menu

OK, i'v hijacked this thread, i know - just wanting to spread some smiles among my peeps. Full applause to larry's wife - sounds like a great woman.

ok a REAL quote this time, from my calender next to my PC at work

"The wise man does not lay up treasure. The more he gives to others, the more he has for his own" - Lao-Tse

Funnily enough I had to search for a quote that actually made sense and seemed somewhat inspiring/uplifting in any way - wierd for one of these quotes of the day calenders huh?

User Info Menu

Every time I come here to visit is a positive experience. Everyone here is FUN!

User Info Menu

"You must do that which you believe you cannot do" Eleanor Roosevelt

"I cried because I had no shoes until I met a man who had no feet" Unknown

"Life is what's going on around you while you're busy making other plans" John Lennon
    Last edited by sonorkid; 02-08-2009 at 09:05 PM.
    "A man can NEVER have too many cymbals"

Proudly Playing

Sonor Force 3007 Stage One Piano Black 22X17.5 kick, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14 and 16" toms
    Pork Pie Big Black Snare
    Vater Sticks/Brushes
    Remo Vintage Emperor, Emperor X, and Powerstroke Pro Heads
    Paiste Twenty/2002/Signature Cymbals
    Sonor/DW/Gibraltar Hardware

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tazmania View Post
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...read-8802.html

Um seems like a copy of the above started by another drummer. Then again I could be wrong.
    You're right Taz, its similar. I forgot about the other one. Maybe we'll combine them. I don't know.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    This thread will be about goodness, hope, wisdom, courage and positivity. It should prove to be a source of comfort when needed. I'm thinking we can use quotes, uplifting news stories, testimonials to great positive things that have happened in our lives, etc. (The occasional reference to religion I think will be OK but please don't turn this thread into a vehicle for your own personal religious agenda.)

So here's the first...
    We've seen him before but I think it's worth starting this thread with something so incredibly inspiring. We can do anything we set our mind to. We can overcome all obstacles:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOknAY1mRq8
    ****HOLA como estas Mi amigo DRUMMER (TOM) Creative artistic open minded drummer artist (CAT) within GREATAWARE-NESS WISDOM KNOWLEDGE * GRACIAS for re-posting this AMAZING ANDVERY VERY DEEP VID
    **THIS CAT is AMAZING CAT* as this vid always touches MY own DEEP
    ANCIENT SPIRITAUL ARTIST SOUL**as I know that It moves many * AND
    I always felt that within all My own JOURNEYS THIER IS NEVER EVER ANY PROBLEMS ONLY JUS tPOSITIVE SOLUTIONS **Gracias

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post

So here's the first...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOknAY1mRq8
    I've actually met this guy. He is awesome and the way he has managed to overcome his physical limits is simply amazing. Getting to actually see him, there in front of you, there is no embarrassment, he has no problems with people asking questions, kids staring all that stuff. He really is amazing.

User Info Menu

"The world is like a ride in an amusement park, and when you go on it, you think it's real, because that's how powerful our minds are. And the ride goes up and down and round and round and has thrills and chills and is brightly coloured and very loud; and, it's fun to ride. Some people have been on the ride for a long time and they get worried and think "Is this real, or is it just a ride?" Other people remember and come back, and say to these people, "Hey, don't worry, don't be afraid, because it's just a ride", and we...kill those people...but it doesn't matter, because it's just a ride, and we can change it any time we want, we have the choice. Know how we can make it a better ride? Take all that money we spend on defense each year and instead spend it feeding, clothing and educating the poor of the world many times over, not one human being excluded and we can explore space together, both inner and outer, forever, in peace."

Paraphrased from Bill Hicks' closing speech after most of his gigs.
    Today, on Ethel The Frog...

User Info Menu

Desire is the beginning; Passion will fuel it and hard and disciplined Study will insure it. - quote by our own Fiacovaz.

"Your Focus determines your reality" - Qui-Gon Jinn

"I wrote my love a story, it has no end" - quote by a very close friend from another forum, his username is Berzerker2k5
    Paiste Posse
    14inch 2002 series Sound Edge Hi-hats
    16inch and 18inch Signature series Fast crashes
    20inch 3000 series Ride
    18inch PST5 series China

Pearl Forum Series drum set
    Pearl Chad Smith Signature snare(steel shell)
    Tama Iron Cobra Chrome

RIP Frank - You will be remembered

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by crazymanwithaplunger View Post
    Some more favourites of mine....

"If you can stay calm, while all around you is chaos... then you probably haven't completely understood the seriousness of the situation"

"Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

haha good ones those made me laugh
    Paiste Posse
    14inch 2002 series Sound Edge Hi-hats
    16inch and 18inch Signature series Fast crashes
    20inch 3000 series Ride
    18inch PST5 series China

Pearl Forum Series drum set
    Pearl Chad Smith Signature snare(steel shell)
    Tama Iron Cobra Chrome

RIP Frank - You will be remembered

User Info Menu

A couple of my favorites, along the lines of Crazy's posts:

"Until you spread your wings, you'll never know how far you can walk."

I used to say this about a company where I used to be employed. (Notice I didn't say where I used to work)

"Leaders are like eagles: We don't have either one here."

Of course, Winston Churchill could always be counted on for a good quote. An amazing man that lived in incredible times and brought out the best in his fellow countrymen. This is perhaps one of his finest moments:

“Lady Nancy Astor: Winston, if you were my husband, I'd poison your tea.
    Churchill: Nancy, if I were your husband, I'd drink it.”

Another, in response to an editor rearranging one of his writings to avoid ending the sentence in a preposition. (NOTE: The actual original text is debated, but this seems likely knowing what we do of Mr. Churchill).

“This is the sort of bloody nonsense up with which I will not put.”
    Robert

"Ok Guys This Is In Da Key Of Boom Chick Boom Boom Chick...." - SIR PHROGGE

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, write a sonnet, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, solve equations, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." Robert Heinlein

Zildjian League #1 Flunkie

User Info Menu

any day you wake up in the morning is a good day.

User Info Menu

Well the one I try to live by is the Golden Rule.

"Do unto others as you would have others do unto you."

Cheers,
    John
    "No Sharezies!"

User Info Menu

"The different between a flower and a weed.....is judgement...."

"Your pain is the shell that encloses your understanding..."

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil....is for good men to do nothing...."
    ...I am not seeing things as they are....I am seeing things as I am....

User Info Menu

Cool Re: The Ultimate Positive, Wisdom, Feel Good Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Larrysperf View Post
    Larry, a big from the b-bro on that one! (for her of course!)

"Life is not a 50-yard dash, it's a marathon. It's never too late to begin, and it's always too soon to quit."--Leonardo Drisdel, a former colleague of mine at WGNU Radio, St. Louis
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck