Thread: Finally Ordered some Congas and Bongo's!

User Info Menu

Default Finally Ordered some Congas and Bongo's!

After two years of planning to get some Conga's or Bongo or other African stlye percussion I've finally placed my order and can't wait! My band are planning to do like a upbeat medley in the middle where my Conga's and Bongo's will come in handy and they are very fun to play. Will post some pictures when they arrive.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Finally Ordered some Congas and Bongo's!

Cool, congrats on your purchase! What brand/models did you go with?

User Info Menu

Congrats TR, and yes, yes, what congas and bongos did you go with?
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Awesome Hope to see and hear a vid of you working them out. Congrats on the buy.

User Info Menu

Congrats rocker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    Congrats TR, and yes, yes, what congas and bongos did you go with?
    They are some Latin Percussion's. A music store a few miles down the road from me are having a really cheap sale, unfortunately for some reason they have to be delivered in a week, I don't know why but I suppose I can wait. Cheap deal, I see some others on DrumChat have some Latin Percussion's and can't wait to get started.
    Last edited by therocker; 02-10-2009 at 04:03 PM. Reason: Spelling- Again...I type to quick I think lol

User Info Menu

Can't go wrong with LP!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gretschhead View Post
    Can't go wrong with LP!
    They arrived today, really great, must get some pictures up at the weekend after band practice

User Info Menu

Sweet. Welcome to the hand drumming club. Let us know if you need any help with it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneRoney View Post
    Sweet. Welcome to the hand drumming club. Let us know if you need any help with it.
    I think I might do lol, but I'm picking it up quickly. It's a lot of fun!

User Info Menu

Cool Re: Finally Ordered some Congas and Bongo's!

Should really check here more often! Congrats on your LPs, bro', and keep us posted on how you're comin' along!

What kind of music are ya playin', rocker? (Sounds silly but we can find out what you want to do with them!) Rock 'em out!

And big fives to another bongo brother!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Good stuff !

Looking forward to your photos.
    Gary

User Info Menu

I own LP's and I really like em.....congrats TR!
    Why do psychics have to ask you your name? And how come you never heard of a psychic winning the lottery?
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by therocker View Post
    They arrived today, really great, must get some pictures up at the weekend after band practice
    Congratulations! Brand new in the box? What a good feeling, I bet their pretty!
    Tune em slow, start at the right side of the handle clockwise, do 1/4 turns. You may hear the shell creaking but thats normal on new congas.
    Can't wait to see pics
    L4C

User Info Menu

After two years of planning to get some Conga's or Bongo or other African stlye percussion I've finally placed my order and can't wait! My band are planning to do like a upbeat medley in the middle where my Conga's and Bongo's will come in handy and they are very fun to play. Will post some pictures when they arrive.
    Sweet deal.......its always good to hear about someone getting new toys .

User Info Menu

Congrats, you skin slapper!!!!!

User Info Menu

Did you go with wod or fiberglas ?......and hurry with the pics ....lol

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gonefishin View Post
    Did you go with wod or fiberglas ?......and hurry with the pics ....lol
    Sorry lol my camera's USB cable won't fit into the USB dock thing, I think it's become warped or something while under some stuff. I'm going to my Electronic store to get a replacement

User Info Menu

Sorry lol my camera's USB cable won't fit into the USB dock thing, I think it's become warped or something while under some stuff. I'm going to my Electronic store to get a replacement

.............remember , pictures or it didnt happen .

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gonefishin View Post
    .............remember , pictures or it didnt happen .
    I should get a replacement USB Cable tomorrow, I'll have to be more careful it had been lying under some stuff and the thing has become warped

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bongobro View Post
    Should really check here more often! Congrats on your LPs, bro', and keep us posted on how you're comin' along!

What kind of music are ya playin', rocker? (Sounds silly but we can find out what you want to do with them!) Rock 'em out!

And big fives to another bongo brother!
    Sorry completely missed your post! My new band are sort of classic rock etc but during the middle of the show (That we're practicing for) we do a kind of laid back, carribean, funky jam which go's down well with the audience. A nice break from more heavy rock 'n roll and medleys and long progressive songs we do.

User Info Menu

please do that, cant wait to see the new family

User Info Menu

Cool Re: Finally Ordered some Congas and Bongo's!

Sorry completely missed your post! My new band are sort of classic rock etc but during the middle of the show (That we're practicing for) we do a kind of laid back, carribean, funky jam which go's down well with the audience. A nice break from more heavy rock 'n roll and medleys and long progressive songs we do.
    No prob, rocker! I dig playin' funky jams like you're describing, and it's a great break from the hard stuff! What I play is a hybrid of Latin, jazz, and funk rhythms that works with most any music style.

Sounds like your LPs are gonna get quite a workout, as do my CPs!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Here's the new additions to my family. New Meinl Marathons that my local drum shop was wanting to get off the floor. The red aztec color was discontinued. What do you guys use on the wooden drum surface to keep the shine? Just linseed oil or Old English funiture polish? I'll try to get pics of my full set-up soon.
    Attached Images Attached Images