Thread: Recording with band help

User Info Menu

Default Recording with band help

Alright, so I am routing my bands instruments through a Beringer Mixer into my PC and using Adobe Audition 3 as my DAW. I have a couple questions about this.

1. We are recording layers obviously, and I have a problem with this because regardless what program I use, whenever I record a track after I have already recorded a previous track, the audio from the previous track shows up faintly in the new track, as if the computer is echoing itself. I was wondering what settings on my PC I should change so this doesn't happen?

2. I play a TD-6 and record with it as well, my problem is that the panning setting in the kit, does not show up on the track. Does anyone know how to make my panning setting show up on the track if possible?

Thanks.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Recording with band help

Glad to see you got your first post in Overmedicated. I use a similar set up, but since I am not recording a band, I have not experienced a similar problem. I am starting to record my own guitar parts so that I can play drums to songs that I would play for the church, so I will be multi-tracking soon, and I'll watch for this problem. I am sure there are others that will have some good advice for you though.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    Glad to see you got your first post in Overmedicated. I use a similar set up, but since I am not recording a band, I have not experienced a similar problem. I am starting to record my own guitar parts so that I can play drums to songs that I would play for the church, so I will be multi-tracking soon, and I'll watch for this problem. I am sure there are others that will have some good advice for you though.
    Thanks for the quick reply, I have been battling this problem for ages now, and still don't know what the heck to do about it.

User Info Menu

What a strange problem.... I'm not familiar with that program at all but is it possible you have a signal chain going somewhere? A signal from the original track to one of the new tracks somehow?? Do you still get the original track sound when you mute the sound on the original track??? Try toying around with it. That shouldn't be happening, that's for sure.
    www.myspace.com/joeguitar

Feel free to request me. Just make sure you add a message with it cause I get too many from people I just don't know.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarfool5931 View Post
    What a strange problem.... I'm not familiar with that program at all but is it possible you have a signal chain going somewhere? A signal from the original track to one of the new tracks somehow?? Do you still get the original track sound when you mute the sound on the original track??? Try toying around with it. That shouldn't be happening, that's for sure.
    When I mute the original track, it obviously can't be heard, and the problem doesn't occur. This is why this problem is so strange to me. Also just to let everyone know, this problem doesn't appear in just Adobe Audition, it appears in Cakewalk Sonar, and Cakewalk Pro Audio and Audacity for me as well, so I doubt it is a problem with the program I am using.

User Info Menu

overmed- Seems like all the editing programs are set up for a "stereo" or L and R tracks..? If you're recording in stereo and bringing it into the program as a wav or mp3 format for instance, I believe it is gonna show up in mono w/ bleed..? It's tricky for sure... Hang in there though. There's some real smart folks in here and they will get ya squared up. Good luck and keep us informed.
    Q-Would you buy another one if it were stolen?
    A-Well yeah... But, I'd probly turn into a homicidal maniac first!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by overmedicated View Post
    Alright, so I am routing my bands instruments through a Beringer Mixer into my PC and using Adobe Audition 3 as my DAW. I have a couple questions about this.

1. We are recording layers obviously, and I have a problem with this because regardless what program I use, whenever I record a track after I have already recorded a previous track, the audio from the previous track shows up faintly in the new track, as if the computer is echoing itself. I was wondering what settings on my PC I should change so this doesn't happen?

2. I play a TD-6 and record with it as well, my problem is that the panning setting in the kit, does not show up on the track. Does anyone know how to make my panning setting show up on the track if possible?

Thanks.
    I use audobe too, There is a setting somewhere that turns bleed off between tracks. I cant remember where it is coz i havent had the problem for so long, But it has something to do with your preferences of sound input devices *from memory*

As for panning of the kit. Is it a stereo cable your using to capture both tracks. Are you recording stereo tracks. Otherwise. Do you have both channnel cables plugged in to record and have them recording to different input tracks that simulate each channel. You then pan the recorded tracks to their respective sides to create the stereo.

Sorry im not too clear. Its late and im tied. If your confused. Lemme know and ill repost clearer tommorow lol
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

Thanks for the help everyone, I fixed the bleeding problem, and I forgot to use 2 cables for Stereo recording of my drums.

Thanks again,

OvermedicateD.

User Info Menu

I use Adobe Audition 3 regularly, let me ask you a few questions, and I will try my best to help you out.

1. Are you trying to record all separate tracks? This will be very difficult without having a firewire mixer, and may end up causing some of your issues.

2. When you record a track and save the track to your hard drive, are you exporting the track or just saving the track? ALWAYS export the track, then you can go thru and clear that track you just exported. If you recorded separate tracks, just simply mute the other tracks, and export the tracks(s) you want to export to your hard drive.

Hope this helps, if you have additional questions, let me know and I will try and help.
    FILL YOUR LIFE WITH INSPIRATION TO INSPIRE

DW Collectors - Paragon - Vic Firth -