Thread: lp black beauty/mount question

User Info Menu

Default lp black beauty/mount question

hi, new to this part of the forums. i have an 8 piece drumset with a lp cyclops tambourine and a black beauty cowbell i just bought. the bell sounds great, but im really not sure i mounted it right, cause when i got done putting it on there was "bonus" parts left over. i know from watching old sitcoms that this should never happen. so if anyone has ever bought the lp black beauty cowbell/mount package, could you either tell me or show me where i could get some sort of online manual to put it together? cuz i cant wait to play it

User Info Menu

Default Re: lp black beauty/mount question

Well...when I got my LP Black Beauty a few years ago, it had a little curved screw thingy that was used for the package but not needed for mounting the bell. Just slide the bell down the mounting rod and tighten the screw...what else is there?
    There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value.

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/j...vaz/TheSet.jpg

User Info Menu

i could do that, but the rod sticking up from my hi hat tends to swing around wildly when i play my tambourine on it, i fear it may not be very stable if i use the cowbell a lot on the hi hat. is there a way to make the rod stop spinning so much?

User Info Menu

You may be out of luck on the hihat rod. Since it's smooth, the bell will spin pretty freely. You may want to get a bracket and mount it off a cymbal stand to keep from bending the rod.

Get one of these. Model is LP236C

User Info Menu

MDB, here is a pic of the way I have my cowbell set up under my hi-hat cymbals.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!