Thread: CMWP - FINALLY posts a vid

User Info Menu

Default CMWP - FINALLY posts a vid

Ok, so I've taken the plunge.....

This is really nothing special actually - it's not even a song, it's not a beat, it's not even a solo. It's just me testing out the sound of the drums with my camera. I wanted to get a feel for what they actually sound like away form the kit. That is the purpose of this vid.

I'll post some musical things once I get a vid editor to cut and edit some other footage I got that night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sRXQ0dTB4c

I gotta admit the other day i was a bit down on myself after hearing this, mainly becuase I wish I was a better player, but what are you gonna do? Practice?? who does that, I mean really? Anyways, if yu wanna watch it, go ahead, if you wanna comment go ahead. I'm aware of my failings.
    "What consumes your mind, controls your life" - So, what consumes your mind?

User Info Menu

Default Re: CMWP - FINALLY posts a vid

Pretty cool CMWP! Hey, it was just plain fun to hear you play bro! Keep 'em coming!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

hey Crazy, nice sounding kit man , really liked the tom sounds. what double pedal do ya have?
    nothing to get down about with your playing dude. Do what you love bud. look forward to the next one.

Official cowbell hater.

User Info Menu

Very cool crazy, sounded great but next time I want you to say something to us or make a face when you're walking towards the camera

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ratmycue View Post
    hey Crazy, nice sounding kit man , really liked the tom sounds. what double pedal do ya have?
    Yeah, well that was why I did it to begin with - trying to figure how the kit sounded from some where else when I played it. Wish it was my kit, but no such luck - belongs to the church - it's an old pearl export. Being a church kit I hear other people play it but of course everyone's different, so I wanted to hear how I sounded I guess.

My pedals are Mapex Janus pedals. Haven't come across many people who are familiar with them. They're a little stiff at the moment - need to lube them, and I gotta adjust the cam a bit so I get the right amount of movement between the beater itself, while having the pedal at an angle I like. I think once I do that it'll feel more comfrtable so I can start getting a better response out of it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drum_chick View Post
    Very cool crazy, sounded great but next time I want you to say something to us or make a face when you're walking towards the camera
    For you Sue - anything! Next time I fancy recording myself, I'll give you something laugh at!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    Pretty cool CMWP! Hey, it was just plain fun to hear you play bro! Keep 'em coming!
    Thanks PB, it's fun to play still - I'm just in a bit of a rut ATM - need to do some things to change it up, make it exciting again. Hopefully I'll be getting a band up and running soon, so I think that'll give me the pick me-up I need.

User Info Menu

Nice job crazy! Liking the groove! Do you play at your church? I personally find playing at churches to be the most satifying "gigs" I have ever played!
    Keep it up bro! -Les

Larrysperf Guest

Kool sound check and like your sound. Nuff Said

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drum_chick View Post
    i gotta agree with sue... i would have gone out of my way to do something crazy to the camera.... it looks like your at church though, so i guess you have to keep it real somewhat.

it sounds killer though dude!!! keep em coming!

User Info Menu

crazy , I agree with the others , nice sound from the set ,I say do another vid .

User Info Menu

Well, my thought was what WOULD you sound like if you practiced. I thought that was a cool vid, Crazyman. Okay, not your kit so you wouldn't be re-tuning it...I can
    appreciate that. From the distance, I think if the rack toms could be tuned a bit higher for better separation and interval from the floor tom and bass drum. That might explain why you initially felt a little down on first hearing. When the intervals are close, as there are here, it can be hard to discern what is actually being played. The drums sound good and you have nothing to feel down about. You have a lot of good things going on and, with a bit of practice, you can tweak it to the next level.
    There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value.

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/j...vaz/TheSet.jpg

User Info Menu

Nice stuff crazyman! Must be fun playing at church. I really want to get into someting like that one day
    I play, Gretsch Catalina Birch, 7 piece in the vintage sunburst finish.

RIP, Frank. You will not be forgotten. Missing you, mate