Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jordypants wants you to meet the whole gang...

User Info Menu

Default Jordypants wants you to meet the whole gang...

privacy
    Last edited by Jordypants; 03-15-2011 at 05:37 PM. Reason: privacy

User Info Menu

Default Re: Jordypants wants you to meet the whole gang...

Nice to meet The Weatherman Underground Gang Jordy. How did you guys come up with that name?
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Cool!!! You guys have a lot of energy!! ROCK ON, my Brother!

User Info Menu

Awesome! that's the right attitude!

also, keytar!
    Paiste Posse
    14inch 2002 series Sound Edge Hi-hats
    16inch and 18inch Signature series Fast crashes
    20inch 3000 series Ride
    18inch PST5 series China

Pearl Forum Series drum set
    Pearl Chad Smith Signature snare(steel shell)
    Tama Iron Cobra Chrome

RIP Frank - You will be remembered

User Info Menu

Thanks for the comments guys! We try to keep the energy levels on high. The Weatherman Underground was a politically active group in the late 60's and early 70's. They have a longggg story but we chose the name because it seems to suit us. More to come, soon.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jordypants View Post
    Thanks for the comments guys! We try to keep the energy levels on high. The Weatherman Underground was a politically active group in the late 60's and early 70's. They have a longggg story but we chose the name because it seems to suit us. More to come, soon.
    Very unfortunate name for a band, IMO. No offense, but naming your group after a domestic terrorist organization who were never held fully accountable for their actions could send a negative signal to potential fans in the future. That's the end of my rant. Good luck with your band, though.
    Robert

"Ok Guys This Is In Da Key Of Boom Chick Boom Boom Chick...." - SIR PHROGGE

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, write a sonnet, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, solve equations, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." Robert Heinlein

Zildjian League #1 Flunkie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LagerHead View Post
    Very unfortunate name for a band, IMO. No offense, but naming your group after a domestic terrorist organization who were never held fully accountable for their actions could send a negative signal to potential fans in the future. That's the end of my rant. Good luck with your band, though.
    Agreed

User Info Menu

Looks like your having fun!

User Info Menu

what rubbish

User Info Menu

I dont really know what to say... but while you were performing you guys were so jumpy it looked goofy. Especially how the crowd just stood there while you guys were were rocking out it seemed like they didnt like it.

User Info Menu

Congrats and good luck with the band Jordy.........I saw a keytar in there too . What a shame RD isnt here any more, he loved those .

User Info Menu

I'm beginning to think you old timers and people who really don't know the direction that modern underground music is taking quite understand this video. This was shot in our hometown and these kids actually love us, a lot. The 80's are over. No one but crap arena rock bands will be seen playing to crowds that respond endlessly to the bands energy. We feed off of each other. I think that perhaps this forum is the wrong outlet for someone in my genre of drumming. You old cougars and band class-hopefuls probably have no idea who a quarter of the bands on my iPod are nor understand simple new age principles such as playing bars does not count as a real show nor is it a successful outlet for your "band." It's sad that people get stuck in lapses of time. I suppose it was naive of me to think that everyone would be able to appreciate something like this. If only I could approach some of you in person. Oh well, perhaps I'll get the chance while I'm on tour.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by itchie View Post
    what rubbish
    More specifically, you, for clearly being the most oblivious. You're brave, bloke, but ultimately your opinion is futile.

User Info Menu

Jordypants,

I think your position is a bit harsh, DC has a broad range of genre drummers. Not everyone is going to like your style, my style etc. Your group name is for many offensive to those who have fought in the defense of your ability to express yourselves. Many in your generation have a lack of understanding of the significance of what is going on with such groups around the world. This stated, I recall when I was your age, choosing rebellious names was/is expected, and so I find no fault in doing so, heck occurred in the 60s against Vietnam and will do so for generations to come. This said, you were pretty much abusive to the members here with your posts. I do know some who responded to your vid were on the boarder as well but DC is about open honest feedback.

Hang around, learn from us old ones I’m 41 and perhaps with a little tact you can teach us as well. In my comment I stated you looked like your were having fun. I do agree with many of the other posts, this does not mean your genre is bad, it means you require an assessment on how you play, vocals, tones, timing and connection with your audience are all key to success. From the vid, it did not look like the auidence was having as much fun as you were.

Thank you for reviewing my comment, hope you do not leave DC, but please work a bit on your tone when you post your defense. One method is for you to tell us about the style you play, why you picked the name you did, what the lyrics mean etc. If we get a better understanding of what it is your performing, you may find a few of us old dogs may infact develope and appreciation for it if nothing else you as a member.
    Last edited by Tazmania; 02-22-2009 at 08:49 AM.

User Info Menu

I'm beginning to think you old timers and people who really don't know the direction that modern underground music is taking quite understand this video. This was shot in our hometown and these kids actually love us, a lot. The 80's are over. No one but crap arena rock bands will be seen playing to crowds that respond endlessly to the bands energy. We feed off of each other. I think that perhaps this forum is the wrong outlet for someone in my genre of drumming. You old cougars and band class-hopefuls probably have no idea who a quarter of the bands on my iPod are nor understand simple new age principles such as playing bars does not count as a real show nor is it a successful outlet for your "band." It's sad that people get stuck in lapses of time. I suppose it was naive of me to think that everyone would be able to appreciate something like this. If only I could approach some of you in person. Oh well, perhaps I'll get the chance while I'm on tour.
    Jordy , you have no idea how far off base you really are thinking this way . This board is diverse in many ways , music genre , age , and drumming expperience .

There are many members here who appreciate different styles of music from metal to 80's ,country , jazz and big band . Also the age of the membership here ranges from about 11 or 12 years old up to I believe one member being in his 80's . And as far as experince goes , we are fortunate to have as members some professional drummers along with formally trained musicians , and people who were music teachers at one point .

So try not to look at this thread in such a harsh manner . We are all here together as internet friends talking about something we all really enjoy............drums . Hang in there and try looking at this in a positive way .

User Info Menu

Jordy, this forum is about respect. The first thing I want to do is apologize for some member's lack of diplomacy. No one should have said "What rubbish" or "You guys... looked goofy". I would be bothered by those comments too. That said; your comments were also way over the top. This forum is made up of hundreds of guys your age that listen to your style of music. And if you'll read back at the posts, several members were complimentary and showed a general interest in your band and what you were doing.

Everyone please be careful with how you say what you say. If you don't like something, there is a "diplomatic" way to put it. Just think of how you would want someone to say it to you. Conversely, if you respond to a negative comment, please do so gently.

Larrysperf Guest

I didnt get much from the vid as it is very short so Nuff Said

User Info Menu

I'm 17 and play prog. IMO there's just a reason this kind of music is still underground.
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

32nd,

Good catch from your original post, I am sure the Mods would have 86d you as well as other members. Glad you modified your post. Would hate to see a Top Dog, get axed for poor posting.

Key is fellow drummers, this genre is one of many, let us not berate the young lad but let us offer sound advice. I for one do not care for the group name or the genre but there is a style and aspect of the group that is interesting. Sadly, I think we have lost the member.

User Info Menu

ok picachue

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tazmania View Post
    32nd,

Good catch from your original post, I am sure the Mods would have 86d you as well as other members. Glad you modified your post. Would hate to see a Top Dog, get axed for poor posting.

Key is fellow drummers, this genre is one of many, let us not berate the young lad but let us offer sound advice. I for one do not care for the group name or the genre but there is a style and aspect of the group that is interesting. Sadly, I think we have lost the member.
    Yea, I actually read Drummers post after already editing mine and was glad I had done so. I'm sorry anyone had to see that from me, its really no point to be rude on the forum... With that said, I don't think the music is crap, and I've accepted the fact that some people just have diffrent tastes that seem way far different from ours and causes us to become hostile about it for whatever reason.
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

Bands with Keytars are kewl! It looked like you gents were having a grand time.. Not my cup 'o joe.. but cool. -Les

User Info Menu

Smile Re: Jordypants wants you to meet the whole gang...

kool - energetix -
    lets see a full song vid - looking forward to it!!!!!!

User Info Menu

I'm more resilient than that.

Our record label is sending us to Detroit to shoot a video sometime in March. We'll have a live video in the next week. I'll post those.

User Info Menu

I'm more resilient than that.

Our record label is sending us to Detroit to shoot a video sometime in March. We'll have a live video in the next week. I'll post those.
    Sounds like a sweet deal........good luck to you guys .