Thread: Hart Dynamics?

User Info Menu

Default Hart Dynamics?

OK, e-drummers, anybody have any experience with the Hart Dynamics e-drums with the mesh heads? How do they compare to the Roland V-Drums?
    Kevin
    DW Performance series - Gun Metal Metallic Lacquer
    24/12/16 6.5x14
    Sabian AA/AAX hi-hats & crashes
    Sabian HHX Evolution ride

Drummers can be very tempomental.....

User Info Menu

Default Re: Hart Dynamics?

I owned one of these for about a year. I had a TD-8 brain.

They are built very well, They are much heavier duty then my roland kit and the rack is nice as well.

But I just never did get them to trigger right. I tweaked and had hart dynamics on the phone a lot. I got it close but it just was not the same as a Roland kit with out any tweaking. This was about 4 years ago and it looks like they have made some changes so that problem may not exist any more.

They are very nice people and they are great when it comes to tech support. You do have the issue of calling one company for the brain and them for the kit. That was another reason I sold it and grabbed my Roland TD-20 kit.

I am sure others have had great luck with them, I just got to the point where I wanted to play them, not tweak them.

DW Collectors
    Vintage Superstars
    Roland TD-20
    Misc. Snares
    My Web Site

User Info Menu

Thanks for the input RM. If that was a few years ago on a TD-8, I wonder how they are now on a new module.

I'm not in a buying position now anyway, but I am doing my homework for when I am.
    Kevin
    DW Performance series - Gun Metal Metallic Lacquer
    24/12/16 6.5x14
    Sabian AA/AAX hi-hats & crashes
    Sabian HHX Evolution ride

Drummers can be very tempomental.....

User Info Menu

Hey bud I had a 6.4 also I got it from bish only kept a short time. Like rm said the rack and drums are much heavier duty than the roland. I don't like the plastic cymbals make too much stick noise when struck I prefer the high end roland cymbals . But anyway i will cut to the chase if you want a quiet set to practice on and or gig with there is nothing to compare with a REAL set converted . I've had 5 different e sets and sold them because they are not real drums to me....sound good..yes but when i practice on the conversion it is the same set up i play out !! which looks better to you...

User Info Menu

how cost effective is a converted kit anyways 2slow? Like compared ot the price of an equivelant hogh end e-kit, what are we talking?
    "What consumes your mind, controls your life" - So, what consumes your mind?

User Info Menu

i think not counting a drum set around $1K will get everything you will need . I did a cost thingy in the e section a while back check it out. Plus when all is done you still have an acoustic kit that you can use either way !!
    `

User Info Menu

2slow, how can we trust a word your are saying, you look like your 6 years old, does your mother know you are on the computer?
    Oh and I love the Spiderman PJs

Did you have the same issues with the Harts not triggering accuratly?

I actually have my Roland kit set up just like my acoustic kits

DW Collectors
    Vintage Superstars
    Roland TD-20
    Misc. Snares
    My Web Site

User Info Menu

nice I will add that cost played a part in how this all played out for me. you have some very nice sets my friend !

User Info Menu

ill be damned.. it really does look like an acoustic kit, haha

User Info Menu

Any thoughts on the new ddrum Hybrid (Acoustic/Electric) kit just released?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JDog View Post
    Any thoughts on the new ddrum Hybrid (Acoustic/Electric) kit just released?
    Had a look into these - info is sketchy at best, especially since the ddrum websites own link is broken, but seems all they are is an acoustic kit with builtin triggers - so you have the option of either basic kit sound, or you can plug em in if your in the right environment and use the triggers. Not really as helpfull if you have noise limiting issues as an actual electric kit, since you've got no way to stop the real drum sound and volume.

Of course I'm sure it will have it's uses for people
    "What consumes your mind, controls your life" - So, what consumes your mind?