Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wich one

jarhead Guest

Question wich one

sup...i was wondering wich one you guys would get...

User Info Menu

seriously, though, whichever one you like....thats what's so great about drumming, its very individualistic.....drumming "rules" are more like guidelines....
    Word to the wise : don't mess with the drummer.

jarhead Guest

yeah...i wish i had that much money...

User Info Menu

well you would never really need that many toms or base drums or whatever.

User Info Menu

From the choise you gave Jarhead I would take

User Info Menu

Never really been a fan of Mapex. Unless you get one of the top of the line range, they sound crap.

HB58
    My Kit: Pearl Session Custom 7 Piece w/ Zildjian Cymbals
    My Band: Lead Redemption
    Current Favourite Band: Necrophagist
    Current Favourite Song: To Rid The Disease - Opeth
    Next purchase: Pearl 18"x16" Floor Tom, Zildjian A Custom Crash

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

Excellent! I salute your fine taste, especially the last one with the figured grain & gold hardware. DW: the Rolex of drums.

User Info Menu

Why thank you, Kind Sir!! That last one is Bubinga wood....absolutely beautiful.

User Info Menu

Maple is a more versitile wood. Great for small places or large.

That and I'm a personal fan of the natural stain.

User Info Menu

1st one for me....black panther snare is nice.

User Info Menu

those pictures that I linked to....the drums are made of maple, there is a 32nd-inch thick veneer of exotic woods available...thats what the Bubinga is.

User Info Menu

They offer a LOT of different exotics...but they are just a finish ply veneer....the drums themselves are maple (or birch, if that's what you want)...then covered with the veneer.

User Info Menu

Big, what do you think of Pork Pie? Everything that I've seen from them has been just super trick.

User Info Menu

Hey RD...here's another beauty....

User Info Menu

Do they make an ugly set?

Showing up to a gig with that bubinga kit is like saying "Away from me you insolent fools! Now cower in abject self-loathsomness while I shake the very foundations of the earth!"

User Info Menu

LOL!!!! Ain't THAT the truth!!

User Info Menu

Um.....I dunno, bro, I'll have to check out some of the Pork Pie stuff....I never really looked into it.

User Info Menu

Hmmm....an ugly set.....I think some of the graphics are kinda homely....such as....

User Info Menu

But, that's just my taste....I prefer the natural woods and such.

User Info Menu

This one is kinda cool, but I don't think I would own it...but cool to look at....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by b3stdrumm3revur
    well you would never really need that many toms or base drums or whatever.
    I disagree. This is my setup;
    12 piece kit: Slingerland 7 piece (12", 13", 14", 15" concert toms, 16" floor tom, 22" bass drum, 5 1/2 x 14" metal snare), Remo Roto-toms (6", 6", 8", 10"), Tama Camco double bass pedal,
    Cymbals: Sabian 14" AA Sizzle hats, Paiste 2000 8" splash, old "Paiste Ludwig standard" 14" crash, Paiste 404 16" crash, Paiste 404 20" ride, Paiste 3000 16" china, World Percussion 12" china, World Percussion 14" china,
    Percussion: LP ice bell, LP cowbell, sleigh bells, LP tamborine, OM chimes, Remo 6", 8", 10" Spokes.

You can always use more pieces!! Think of each piece as a note, or a key on a piano. They have 88 keys - why so many? The more notes you have = the more sounds you have to be creative with.

I like the Pro M Studio.
    Regal Tip Quantum 3000 nylon tip - my weapons of mass destruction

User Info Menu

Hehe, I love those flames. If they were in sparkle they'd be even better. My son would go nuts for the orange and black with skulls, but he's twelve. I thought bell bottoms and big combs were cool when I was twelve.

I saw in the shout box where you were thinking of getting that bubinga kit. Are you going to gig with that? Seriously, unless you only play for the wine and cheese crowd, and no mere mortal will ever get closer that 15' from your kit, you will be a basket case taking that beauty out of the house. It's like those guys that pay 50k for a custom chopper. I'm like, "what do you do when a dragon fly hits that paint at 70 mph? Cry?".
    Last edited by Roaddebris; 12-22-2006 at 10:27 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Roaddebris
    Hehe, I love those flames. If they were in sparkle they'd be even better. My son would go nuts for the orange and black with skulls, but he's twelve. I thought bell bottoms and big combs were cool when I was twelve.

I saw in the shout box where you were thinking of getting that bubinga kit. Are you going to gig with that? Seriously, unless you only play for the wine and cheese crowd, and no mere mortal will ever get closer that 15' from your kit, you will be a basket case taking that beauty out of the house. It's like those guys that pay 50k for a custom chopper. I'm like, "what do you do when a dragon fly hits that paint at 70 mph? Cry?".
    I know what you mean... I had a hot rod '67 Chevelle that I did car shows with. Even had Hot Rod magazine take photos of it. I would use it as a daily driver and was worried of everything!! (sold it to help get my 2800 square foot, 4 bedroom, 3 car garage, huge pool, new house).

Also, about 15 years ago, I paid $500 for a new custom Viking pool stick. I was only making $6/hour back then. (I shot in leagues and tournaments for years). I was always nervous in bars with it. Still have it.
    Last edited by METAL DRUMMER; 12-22-2006 at 12:01 PM.
    Regal Tip Quantum 3000 nylon tip - my weapons of mass destruction

User Info Menu

RD....I'm 6'8", 280 pounds, bro...I seriously doubt anybody would be messing with my kit, lol

User Info Menu

But....I think I may just jazz my kit up a bit...after all, the DW kit I have now is in mint condition....I think I'm just gonna get the gold hardware for mine instead.