Thread: Drumline Composition Software

User Info Menu

Default Drumline Composition Software

I'm looking for a LOW cost Drumline Composition Software. I just need something fairly plain that will allow me to right various snare drum rudiments and exercises. So it would need to be able to show Diddles, rolls, flams, etc.

I would like to make a small packet for the middle school percussionists that I help at my school. The packet would have the 41 standard drum rudiments and exercises for the rudiments. I playback feature would be nice, but its not needed.

I saw the virtual drumline from tap space but I don't want to pay 200$, or 600$ for finale. Is there something out there for a low cost?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Drumline Composition Software

Virtual Drumline is a set of samples and not notation software. You can get the Finale Academic version (same thing as regular version) for $350 if you are using it for educational purposes. I have been using Finale for 10 years to write HS marching shows and it is ideal for this. Many people also use Sibelius 5 ($260 for ed version). I'm not a fan, but it does basically the same thing.