Thread: Primes' new MoJo (MoJo Sr); Simmons 7K

User Info Menu

Default Primes' new MoJo (MoJo Sr); Simmons 7K

Hi All...

well, looks like i have dominated this forum for a couple of weeks (thanks for ALL of your help!), so i decided to post a final (at least for now) post regarding my new kit.

I had started off with a DD-55 (and my son and i were calling in "MoJo" - since i was trying to GET some MoJo going to actually play), so, when i decided to get a new kit, we both knew it would be called MoJo senior (since it is the BIG brother of the DD-55).

Anyway, it arrived yesterday and i spent a good amount of time cleaning it up and putting it all together. For teh most part, things were/are fine, but i am missing a couple of nuts/bolts (the previous owner did not do a very good job packing/shipping) as i think they vibrated loose and fell out through a couple of holes that developed in the box during shipping.

But all in all, the set is in good shape and appears (right now) to be functioning properly (i tried to tinker with as many bits of its electroncis as possible - will tinker with setting/changing pad stuff tomorrow).

I spent ~2 hrs today adjusting all the pads and all inorder and this is what i did (since i'm new to drums) based on the recommendation of a nephew who plays.

I FIRST set the snare pad to be angled towards me a little and ~at my knees (it feels ok)...

I then moved to tom 1, 2 and 3, setting each so my arm would naturally fall with the sticks hitting the center of the pads (as best as i could); i'm still not happy with tom3 (on far right), but will kepp tinkering with it...

i then set the ride to be a proper ht to just be "natural" and then the crash and then the hi hat...

i'll be fine tuning this over the next day or so, but without having an expert view me while playing, i'm not sure how else to set it all up...

anyway... i'm eager to meld my limited DD-55 skills into this new set...

thanks again for all of your assistance...

- prime

and, since i now have a REAL drum set, i think i can offically declare that i'm a....

drummer (or at least a WANA-BE!)

User Info Menu

Default Re: Primes' new MoJo (MoJo Sr); Simmons 7K

Great stuff Prime, now all we need is a pic and you are a fully flegded member of the drumming fraternity.

Official cowbell hater.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Primes' new MoJo (MoJo Sr); Simmons 7K

Congrats primemover! For a real drummer, it only takes one practice to change that desire to play into a life time of joy. Welcome to the drumming fraternity, and as Rat says, we will need pictures of your kit for the "Show Us Your Drums Thread." Oh, and you will need to report to the "Newbie Initiation" thread too. That one will just be a bit of harmless fun for us all (the instructions are on the first post of that thread)!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!