Thread: Snare Sound On Hi-Hat

User Info Menu

Default Snare Sound On Hi-Hat

Hi, i play a Yamaha DTXplorerII and although it's a great kit, i must say the hi-hat is it's downfall! sometimes, when I hit it, it picks up a snare sound, its so annoying when im playing it closed because its even louder!

Anyone else get this on their electronic kits?? Anyone know how to stop it?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Snare Sound On Hi-Hat

Hey there, i would turn down the sensitivity on the snare, sounds like it is cross triggering....or turn up the cross trigger hope this helps

User Info Menu

ouch :(

User Info Menu

OK, first thing you do is detach all the cables, turn off the module (doesn't have to be in that order), remove all the pads and components, disassemble the stands and put it all back in the box. Take the box back to a store and say "I want a Roland TD9/10/12/20 please." - J/K

It's definately cross triggering - no doubt about it. How old is the kit and module? Has it always done this or has it only just started recently? If so did something happen?

Generally there is no reason for this sort of thing, as the two components are no where near each other, and have different assignments through the module for their triggers - however, a couple of possibilities are a wiring glitch and/or a frizzled connector/adapter/circut board component which is causing confusion in the module about which trigger is being hit, OR it could be a software problem within the module, which may be fixable without too much fuss - I dont' know enough about Yamaha modules specifically to say, but I assume a firmware download and reinstall should be possible, or even just a basic reset - although you may have to get a Yamaha repairer to do this.

Try 2slows suggestions first - he is definately more experienced with this sort of thing than myself, as I don't actually HAVE an e-kit - I just really like them so have studied up on them, BUT if you'r still getting the problem, my suggestion is definately contact Yamaha's support team and find out what your options are, as either of the possible causes i have described most likely take a certain level of knowledge (not to mention tools) to diagnose and repair.
    "What consumes your mind, controls your life" - So, what consumes your mind?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by YamahaDrummer View Post
    Hi, i play a Yamaha DTXplorerII and although it's a great kit, i must say the hi-hat is it's downfall! sometimes, when I hit it, it picks up a snare sound, its so annoying when im playing it closed because its even louder!

Anyone else get this on their electronic kits?? Anyone know how to stop it?

change to a different kit, you might be on a latin kit with only drum sounds is my first guess

User Info Menu

Try changing the cutoff freq. Might work. I had some of the same problems with the Explorer. That did the trick.

User Info Menu

turn up the threshold on the snare

User Info Menu

I had that problem, i tried to turn down the sensitivity but then i lost the feel so i bought a new hi hat pad that sits on a conventional hi hat stand!
    I'm nothing short of being one complete catastrophe!!!

User Info Menu

check everything.. check all your settings over and over and hit the hats as your turning the dials to see where you need it to be at before playing again.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments