Thread: First Rehearsal last night!!!!

User Info Menu

Default First Rehearsal last night!!!!

Ok guys, as some of you may know I've been wanting to do the band thing for a while - always thought I was good enough but never had the chance - well last night I had my first rehearsal with pro musos and it went great!

I'm not saying I am at their level - these guys have been doing it for years, in various cover and tribute bands, but they had no complaints (only compliments actually) and when I asked if I had the gig, the lead guitarists said I pretty much had the gig after the first song.

The band is a Pink tribute band, some of you may have heard me mention it previously - the idea here is to cash in on her upcomming tour, make some money and see where we can go with it. One of the guys knows one of the morning radio announcers on the same radio station that is sponsering her tour here, so we may even be able to use this to our advantage, and we've already been offere free on air plugs - once we're up and ready.

We got 6 songs last night, and should have another 7 by next week. Aiming to gig ready in a month and if things progress the way they did last night, shouldn't be a problem.

I just wanted to share - hopefully this is the first step of me making music and drumming my full time gig, something I've always wanted to do, but never knew how. Now I just need to upgrade my gear, and start getting some instructor lessons to get my playing more refined and polished
    "What consumes your mind, controls your life" - So, what consumes your mind?

User Info Menu

Default Re: First Rehearsal last night!!!!

Congratulations! Seems like you have formulated a plan and I encourage you to follow through on that...especially working with a good teacher to refine your technique.
    There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value.

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/j...vaz/TheSet.jpg

User Info Menu

Awesome! and frank good advice as usual
    Paiste Posse
    14inch 2002 series Sound Edge Hi-hats
    16inch and 18inch Signature series Fast crashes
    20inch 3000 series Ride
    18inch PST5 series China

Pearl Forum Series drum set
    Pearl Chad Smith Signature snare(steel shell)
    Tama Iron Cobra Chrome

RIP Frank - You will be remembered

User Info Menu

Very cool Craz!! Be sure to give us updates now!
    Why do psychics have to ask you your name? And how come you never heard of a psychic winning the lottery?
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

User Info Menu

Great crazy! I'm happy for you........ I'm hoping some day to be in a band as well so this is encouraging!

User Info Menu

I saw a Pink concert on HDNET a few weeks ago and it was an awesome show.

Drummer was good and looked like he was having fun. Good luck!!
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Hey Crazy, I just saw this post! this is really great news. I like some of pinks stuff and just playing the drums in a band is great in itself. Good luck with it all and keep us updated with progress.
    I play, Gretsch Catalina Birch, 7 piece in the vintage sunburst finish.

RIP, Frank. You will not be forgotten. Missing you, mate

User Info Menu

CMWP, I just saw this thread as well. I am very happy for you my friend! Hope all goes even better than your hopes!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!