Thread: Finger Eleven - Paralyzer cover

User Info Menu

Default Finger Eleven - Paralyzer cover

Here I am - finally embarrassing myself to Finger Eleven's Paralyzer. Please critique honestly: I can take it.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pwef6IWoRiU"]LagerHead plays Paralyzer[/ame]
    Robert

"Ok Guys This Is In Da Key Of Boom Chick Boom Boom Chick...." - SIR PHROGGE

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, write a sonnet, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, solve equations, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." Robert Heinlein

Zildjian League #1 Flunkie

User Info Menu

Default Re: Finger Eleven - Paralyzer cover

Excellent job, I really enjoyed watching. I really need to figure out how to make vids like that. My instructor keeps telling me that watching yourself play really improves how you play. Thanks for the vid.

User Info Menu

Smile Re: Finger Eleven - Paralyzer cover

KILLER CHOPZ!!!!

too bad the st. louis radio station ran that song in the ground. . .
    no embarressment rule - no such thangggg!!
    definently post more vidz
    Last edited by AldoS.T.L.; 02-22-2009 at 06:34 PM. Reason: messed up and put a snoozer in there somehow!!!!

User Info Menu

Nice job Lager! I need to know how you guys sync the music with your drum track.. -Les

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lesizmor View Post
    Nice job Lager! I need to know how you guys sync the music with your drum track.. -Les
    Diddo on that..

User Info Menu

Great Job!!!! Critically speaking!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lesizmor View Post
    No syncing involved. I just played the stereo loud and played along. I am using my iPod with a splitter going to my Vic Virth isolation headphones and my stereo.

Also, thanks for the comments guys.
    Robert

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, write a sonnet, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, solve equations, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." Robert Heinlein

User Info Menu

I thought it was great! What's to be embarassed about?

Good job! And I second the "More Vids" request!!
    DW - PEARL - PDP - ZILDJIAN - EVANS - VIC FIRTH

Click for Gear Pics!

DW Collector's Series - Blue Glass - 10, 12, 14, 16, 23
    Pearl Session Custom - Green Burst - 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 22
    PDP CX Maple - Red Glass - 12, 14, 16, 24

Quote Originally Posted by LudwigLifer View Post
    If we had centerfolds for drums,that kit would be in one of them!

User Info Menu

Embarrassed??? Dude, C'Mon. This is drum chat. Even if you were Neal Peart, we'd find a way to tease you!

Lager.... ya dun good!

I would make one constructive criticism. You are a heavy hitter.... lighten up a pinch. The snare break between the verse and the chorus is a standard single stroke triplet that buils in volume, but the way you hit so hard, the triplet accent is lost. It should sound like....

RlrLrlRlrLrlRlr

RlrLrlRlrLRLRLR

Other than that, it was really cool.

P.s. I love the fade on your kit. It's a beauty!
    Last edited by CycleDude; 02-23-2009 at 07:07 AM.
    Kevin
    DW Performance series - Gun Metal Metallic Lacquer
    24/12/16 6.5x14
    Sabian AA/AAX hi-hats & crashes
    Sabian HHX Evolution ride

Drummers can be very tempomental.....

User Info Menu

Thanks for the tips CD. I knew I was messing up that break a little, but just couldn't figure out exactly how. And I will work on lightening up a bit.
    Robert

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LagerHead View Post
    Thanks for the tips CD. I knew I was messing up that break a little, but just couldn't figure out exactly how. And I will work on lightening up a bit.
    Anytime, bud. That's what DC is about!
    Kevin
    24/12/16 6.5x14

User Info Menu

Great vid, for those who do not have high speed dubing gear. Take vid cam, record your self playing, the take your vid and overlay it to the track you were playing to. You can do this using, windows media maker. It allows you to cut and expand tracks to get as near synched as possible.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tazmania View Post
    Great vid, for those who do not have high speed dubing gear. Take vid cam, record your self playing, the take your vid and overlay it to the track you were playing to. You can do this using, windows media maker. It allows you to cut and expand tracks to get as near synched as possible.
    It didn't work for me. For some reason my video was slightly faster than the audio when I went to sync it with movie maker. It started out great but slowly pulled away...you really notice it half way through. And that's why I haven't posted any drum covers yet.

Click for Gear Pics!

User Info Menu

hmmm another option is to play with the stereo, I have done that, you need to place your vid cam about half way between you and the stereo so as not to drown out one another.

User Info Menu

hmmm another option is to play with the stereo, I have done that, you need to place your vid cam about half way between you and the stereo so as not to drown out one another.
    Yeah, I know...but the sound quality is already bad through the vid camera...I might just wait until I can run everything through the sound board. But that involves moving the computer into the drum room and I'm just too lazy to do that! LOL

Click for Gear Pics!

User Info Menu

Great vid man, we need more.

I have to say it is so awesome that more of us drum chatters are starting to post vids. They are fun to watch, and you can learn from everyone, keep'em coming drum chatters.
    FILL YOUR LIFE WITH INSPIRATION TO INSPIRE

DW Collectors - Paragon - Vic Firth -

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DWdrumr View Post
    I have to say it is so awesome that more of us drum chatters are starting to post vids. They are fun to watch, and you can learn from everyone, keep'em coming drum chatters.
    I'll second that.
    Robert

User Info Menu

very cool dude, you did an awesome job, good chops man!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by redheaddrummer03 View Post
    It didn't work for me. For some reason my video was slightly faster than the audio when I went to sync it with movie maker. It started out great but slowly pulled away...you really notice it half way through. And that's why I haven't posted any drum covers yet.
    Really? That's happened to me a few times attempting vids. They sound great while I'm playing but about 1/2 way through playback it loses sync.

I thought it was me!
    Kevin
    24/12/16 6.5x14

User Info Menu

Nice job! I'll second CD's comments about hitting heavy. I don't play light, believe me, but there are a few issues with playing really heavy.

1) It requires more effort so you are more likely to tire out and makes mistakes.
    2) It's hard to manage volume dynamics (as CD pointed out) if you are always hitting heavy.
    3) Speed, and this is a huge thing. The higher you move the sticks away from the drum and the harder you hit, the longer it takes to get the sticks back to the drum. While there is some cool style to kind of swinging the sticks (I do it for effect sometimes) if you watch a lot of metal guys they don't actually hit as hard as it sounds on the recording.
    Jesse

1986 Tama Crestar - Lacquered Piano White
    2016 Roland TD-25K
    2015 Tama Starclassic B/B - Indigo Blue Sparkle

User Info Menu

Nice, and your snare sounds very solid too.
    I play, Gretsch Catalina Birch, 7 piece in the vintage sunburst finish.

RIP, Frank. You will not be forgotten. Missing you, mate