Thread: Electric kit or converted accoustic??

User Info Menu

Default Electric kit or converted accoustic??

hey, I going to need to get an electric kit or find some way of making my accoustic Much quiter soon as am moving house.

So I've been looking at electric kits and was thinking maybe the new roland TD4, as my buget is about £1000, though a TD9 wouls be nice (TD9x probably a bit exp).

but i also saw that you can convert your accoustics into electrics, so i was wondering what mesh heads did? are they at all loud?? cos if not I could maybe get the ROLAND TD9 AKUSTIK - EDRUM SET UP from thomann, which includes a TD9 module, a load of mesh heads, a vh-11 and some roland triggers.

can anyone help me out??
    : ~ Pearl export ELX (ruby fade) Cymbals at present....: Paiste pst3 14" high hats, 16" crash, 20" ride, zildjian ZBT 10" splash. DW5002 turbo double bass pedals. LP percussion block

User Info Menu

Default Re: Electric kit or converted accoustic??

welcome josh and i will share my thoughts....

http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...-set-9188.html

User Info Menu

2slow is "Da Man" when it comes to this. He's done 2 acoustic to e kit conversions already and they look awesome and sound as good as your module.
    Kevin
    DW Performance series - Gun Metal Metallic Lacquer
    24/12/16 6.5x14
    Sabian AA/AAX hi-hats & crashes
    Sabian HHX Evolution ride

Drummers can be very tempomental.....

User Info Menu

thanks, another thing that was also wondering was how responsive mesh heads with drum triggers attached are? if I attach a roland trigger to a mesh head, and connect it to say the TD9, can I then change the sound/tuning of the played back note just like on a normal electronic set - or is this defferent??
    : ~ Pearl export ELX (ruby fade) Cymbals at present....: Paiste pst3 14" high hats, 16" crash, 20" ride, zildjian ZBT 10" splash. DW5002 turbo double bass pedals. LP percussion block

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by j0sh View Post
    thanks, another thing that was also wondering was how responsive mesh heads with drum triggers attached are? if I attach a roland trigger to a mesh head, and connect it to say the TD9, can I then change the sound/tuning of the played back note just like on a normal electronic set - or is this defferent??
    Near the same

User Info Menu

Well i use the YamahaDTXplorerII which is fantastic, £500 :D does everything the Roland does and you save quite a fair amount

User Info Menu

my advice? make 2slow a good friend of yours

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MortalDrumbat View Post
    my advice? make 2slow a good friend of yours

thanks MDB

User Info Menu

i love the td-9!