Thread: You Tube Videos

User Info Menu

Default You Tube Videos

I was asked to post an announcement on this forum the other day but forgot, sorry. Anyway, I guess you guys have noticed that we added a new feature to display actual You Tube videos in the site (rather than just the links). However, due to copyright concerns, we ask that you do not post anything commercial in nature.

To post a video, simply copy the url (http://www.youtube....) and paste it in. The forum will automatically convert it into video upon saving. Note: The video will not display when previewing.

User Info Menu

Default Re: You Tube Videos

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    I was asked to post an announcement on this forum the other day but forgot, sorry. Anyway, I guess you guys have noticed that we added a new feature to display actual You Tube videos in the site (rather than just the links). However, due to copyright concerns, we ask that you do not post anything commercial in nature.

To post a video, simply copy the url (http://www.youtube....) and paste it in. The forum will automatically convert it into video upon saving. Note: The video will not display when previewing.
    I'm kinda paranoid about this commercial thing now....would alink to say the demo video of the sales rep at that memphis drumstor regarding the new demon drive pedal be considered a violation of this - or would it still be ok?

I know why we don't want commercial links etc... however I also know that we here like to share info with each other, and that will include at times a particular book, or instructional DVD we have discovered. I'm thinking like that vid on youtube which is basically the ad for the jojo mayer hadn technique dvd that came out recently. Is that sort of stuff ok or not?

I know sometimes i can ask these sorts of questions to push buttons - but i am being genuine here as I don't want to accidentally post the wrong thing, and there may be others out there who are unsure aswell.
    "What consumes your mind, controls your life" - So, what consumes your mind?

User Info Menu

Awesome
    Paiste Posse
    14inch 2002 series Sound Edge Hi-hats
    16inch and 18inch Signature series Fast crashes
    20inch 3000 series Ride
    18inch PST5 series China

Pearl Forum Series drum set
    Pearl Chad Smith Signature snare(steel shell)
    Tama Iron Cobra Chrome

RIP Frank - You will be remembered

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by crazymanwithaplunger View Post
    I'm kinda paranoid about this commercial thing now....would alink to say the demo video of the sales rep at that memphis drumstor regarding the new demon drive pedal be considered a violation of this - or would it still be ok?

I know why we don't want commercial links etc... however I also know that we here like to share info with each other, and that will include at times a particular book, or instructional DVD we have discovered. I'm thinking like that vid on youtube which is basically the ad for the jojo mayer hadn technique dvd that came out recently. Is that sort of stuff ok or not?

I know sometimes i can ask these sorts of questions to push buttons - but i am being genuine here as I don't want to accidentally post the wrong thing, and there may be others out there who are unsure aswell.
    I know you're being genuine Crazy and I appreciate it. I guess the best way to put it is, if you have to ask, you probably shouldn't post it. The mods will ultimately make the decision to remove something if they feel it warrants it. There's always a lot of gray area. We just ask everyone to use their best judgement. You won't get raked over the coals or anything but we also don't want people to get upset if something gets removed.

User Info Menu

We simply have to keep in mind that Drum Bum offers support to this forum. Without them helping out with the operational costs, this forum might cease to exist, and that would be sad for us all. That said, if we post links to retailers that compete with Drum Bum, we are essentially biting the hand that feeds us. I for one, have found some cool stuff there, and I appreciate their support of Drum Chat. Out of gratitude to Drum Bum, we need to consider our links carefully.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    We simply have to keep in mind that Drum Bum offers support to this forum. Without them helping out with the operational costs, this forum might cease to exist, and that would be sad for us all. That said, if we post links to retailers that compete with Drum Bum, we are essentially biting the hand that feeds us. I for one, have found some cool stuff there, and I appreciate their support of Drum Chat. Out of gratitude to Drum Bum, we need to consider our links carefully.
    HOLA como estas Mi amigo PASTOR_BOB creative artistic open minded drummer artist (CAT) within great wisdom Aware-ness knowledge ** GRACIAS EXCELLENTE' amigo

User Info Menu

Love the new feature

User Info Menu

thanx it worked for me!!!!!
    I hope the forces of evil become confussed on their way to your house - (George Carlin) r.i.p.

join me @
    http://www.myspace.com/aldostl

User Info Menu

Have to try it out, but very cool new feature. Might just find something to post to try it!
    Jesse

1986 Tama Crestar - Lacquered Piano White
    2016 Roland TD-25K
    2015 Tama Starclassic B/B - Indigo Blue Sparkle

User Info Menu

Cool feature!

User Info Menu

Excellent feature, and I see a few people taking advantage of it already....it works great!
    Why do psychics have to ask you your name? And how come you never heard of a psychic winning the lottery?
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    Very well said, PB.
    Kevin
    DW Performance series - Gun Metal Metallic Lacquer
    24/12/16 6.5x14
    Sabian AA/AAX hi-hats & crashes
    Sabian HHX Evolution ride

Drummers can be very tempomental.....

User Info Menu

Today there were punk and metal videos posted. All had some sort of graphic images, violence, and/or offensive language. This is a FAMILY-FRIENDLY SITE. There are not enough moderators in this forum to review them all nor do we even want to spend our time doing this. Please refrain from posting these types of videos. If members do not respect this request, we will be forced to remove the new video feature.

User Info Menu

Su - Good direction, hey team let's support DC on this. The new feature is great and I would sure hate to see it go.

Ah, Su what does the Su stand for?

User Info Menu

I think it's for Since U asked, yeah I'm the head honcho.
    Why do psychics have to ask you your name? And how come you never heard of a psychic winning the lottery?
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

User Info Menu

Norske LoL that is bad

User Info Menu

Let's all remember that not all punk is offensive!!! (I don't like to be judged LOL).
    Jesse

1986 Tama Crestar - Lacquered Piano White
    2016 Roland TD-25K
    2015 Tama Starclassic B/B - Indigo Blue Sparkle