Thread: help

User Info Menu

Default help

drummers rock im going to be on cymbals next year any suggestions ?

User Info Menu

ur gonna be on cymbals?...u mean ur gonna buy cymbals?...if so i would recomend sabian...or paiste 2002 series...but really every drummer is different and likes diff sounds...u really gotta just go to ur local music store and hear some cymbals then choose for ur self

User Info Menu

I think she means she is going to be "on cymbals" in a marching band. And is looking for advice on how to help out the rest of the band....but I might be wrong.

User Info Menu

ahhhhh....i c....yes...well....um....i can't help u there....i was a trumpet in marching band even though i was the best drummer...im not being self centered i just came from a very smalll high school and the entire drum line was made up of ppl that sucked on their other instrument...and if i had played percussion then we wouldn't have had anyone that could play 1st trumpet....sad sad band...but i had fun

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Drummergurl.93
    drummers rock im going to be on cymbals next year any suggestions ?
    Hey drummergurl, welcome to the forum. I don't know if we have enough "marching band cymbal players" in here yet, but we do have some pros coming through here. I would say to just listen to the band director and give him what he wants. Secondly, play the parts in the music. Thirdly, let your musical instincts guide you. If something doesn't "feel" right, it probably isn't, ...and so on.

User Info Menu

aww... i marched cymbals last year... yea it sux but we made it fun with great visuals and we just had fun!! jus be yourself and hang out with the other people. the best friendships are DRUMLINE FRIENDSHIPS!! it will be alright! oh, and you might wanna get gloves and so neosporin for when they pinch your arm and make them turn blue! it hurts like a mofo!
    I've had it with your no talent, wannabe gangster ass! You wanna prove once and for all that I'm better than you? Strap up!--drumline

our drumline doesn't do skanks!!! so get out!! thanks... lol

you may try to look like me... but you ain't never gonna play like me-- drumline

User Info Menu

woh....try a diff color...that's hard to read

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Utopia
    woh....try a diff color...that's hard to read
    blurr it 12345678910

User Info Menu

Crash is heavy. I dropped them once. But the point it, build muscle. Girls like us, it's harder to play since he don't have as much body mass as the guys. Lift them weights!

User Info Menu

Hey D RUMMERGURL DRUMMER has it ritht on learn all you can it's all about the music. to many drummers forget that and can't remmber what end of the stick to use.

User Info Menu

Its gonna be alright cymbals are pretty cool they are non denominational drumline members in my marching band there on the drum line when they want to. In other words they practice with the drumline if there bored. What did you play last year

User Info Menu

Hey, don't listen to those guys. Good cymbal lines are some of the most talented players you will ever meet. I teach cymbals for an independant open winter drumline, West Athens Percussion. Feel free to contact me with any questions you may have. Have fun!

Joseph Kallash
    West Athes Percussion
    Cymbal Tech
    josephkallash@yahoo.com

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by YB yellow
    Crash is heavy. I dropped them once. But the point it, build muscle. Girls like us, it's harder to play since he don't have as much body mass as the guys. Lift them weights!
    I'm a girl, and I don't think cymbals are heavy, quite frankly they're light But I've never marched with them. I've been lucky and was in pit for 3 years (including my middle school years cause the highschool I used to go to needed mallet players badly) and I've been marching on snare for 2 years now.
    4-mallets 4eva!!!