Thread: Loosing Touch

User Info Menu

Default Loosing Touch

I don't know whether this happens to me alone or all of us- loosing touch. Yes, we need practice to be able to continue the ideal pace but sometimes we really get off don't know what the problem is we just loose touch. What is the solution to this delimma?!

User Info Menu

Air Drumming! And Tapping!

Seriously, it's mental practice when you're away from the kit. There was a thread not too long ago about having 'off days', if that's what you're referring to.
    My Kit: Pearl Session Custom 7 Piece w/ Zildjian Cymbals
    My Band: Lead Redemption
    Current Favourite Band: Necrophagist
    Current Favourite Song: To Rid The Disease - Opeth
    Next purchase: Pearl 18"x16" Floor Tom, Zildjian A Custom Crash

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

Ya, i actually think that hellsbells is right here, i sort of sloed down for a while, and the only thing i can think of that i stopped doing was air drumming

User Info Menu

well, i play n play but just find out u loosin touch or lemme say stagnant- as in u r in the same position, same beat no improveent sort of
    I need HELP!

jarhead Guest

i play anything....beatin on a table with sticks to messin around with pens....

User Info Menu

Here's one thing that helps me out: I keep a practice pad and a set of sticks sitting in the middle of my coffee table at all times. I play along to the radio(change the station every once in a while so you are'nt listening/playing the same thing all the time), tv commercials, movie credits, the opening songs on tv shows(yeah, I can play the intros to almost the entire Adult Swim lineup ), or even just the cars I hear boomin' their stereos down the street. Because of this, I don't find myself in a rut anymore as I always have new ideas every day. Try it, and see where your at in a month. It WILL make a difference.
    Da' Bum
    Rockin' the beat for fadedblue
    Keepin' time for Andy Harrison & the AOP
    http://www.facebook.com/fadedbluemusic
    DW Performance 5 pc. in White Marine Pearl
    1972 Pearl Deluxe Custom 5 pc. in blue sparkle
    KAT KT-3
    Paiste cymbals
    Gibraltar hardware
    Axis pedals
    Vic Firth sticks
    Evans heads

User Info Menu

i do all this u talking about that somepeople think i gone mad sometimes- air drumming. People say i am drumming very well, but i know my potentials and i think i am not using it to the best i can.

User Info Menu

ye jam man if so cut it down to one other person an feed off each other
    if your that good at drummin shouldn't be a problem cut the bass man out
    an try a soloist/lead man work like contemporary jazz/blues follow him then have him follow you n jus jam keep it fresh n that ill keep u on ur toes