Thread: Some more videos...

User Info Menu

Default Some more videos...

So I figured I'd test out the new youtube feature.

Two of these videos are from a few years ago, band playing at my school (only time we ever videotape unfortunately when it's not practice). They aren't whole songs, since my son (5th grade at the time) was just getting footage, but they do show me playing close up. No comments on my singing (I'm much better now, and no one else wanted to bother on this one song)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nCE49AVesE"]YouTube - Wonderful World[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RT3qTfZJPtA"]YouTube - Freebird[/ame]

The 3rd one is another from the same set as the earlier posts, but this time with a boy singing.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzVkH0dY2MM"]YouTube - I Fought the Law[/ame]
    Last edited by kaosotis; 03-02-2009 at 08:23 AM.
    Jesse

1986 Tama Crestar - Lacquered Piano White
    2016 Roland TD-25K
    2015 Tama Starclassic B/B - Indigo Blue Sparkle

User Info Menu

Default Re: Some more videos...

Great Videos Kaos.

I like the your version of the Clash version of I Fought the Law.

Well Done Man.

Cheers,
    John
    "No Sharezies!"

User Info Menu

Wow..Nice job kaos! -Les

User Info Menu

thats awsome man. you are totaly having a good time. and thats the best!! quick hands you've got there too. What did you mean VIDEO TAPPED? is this from a vhs recording? how did you get that on the computer? tel me.... tell me now
    Fat Pat, show us your drums page 138, post 3429
    always chang'n sumth'n

User Info Menu

Looks like a blast to me !!

User Info Menu

We always have fun nowadays. Wasn't always that way. Was hard to play for 6 people in NYC clubs back in the day. Then again some shows were 100-200, and even played at SUNY Binghamton outdoors for a crowd of about 1,000.

As for video capture, Pat, you just have to have the right PC equipment. My Mini DV camera (about 5 years old at least) has a firewire out. My PC has firewire in. Just plug attach the cable at both ends and Windows has a built in feature to capture. I happen to have Pinnacle Studio 12 which works better.

The old video from 87 I posted before is from VHS. I used the pass-through on my camcorder to go RCA out from the VHS to firewire in on my PC. Pretty easy. PM me if you need more specifics about equipment, etc..

Thanks to all for the feedback.
    Jesse

2016 Roland TD-25K

User Info Menu

Way neat!

User Info Menu

Nice man, jammin. I must comment your snare seems really really low, not that it matters because everyone has there own way they like to set-up, just seems really low and uncomfy, but you rocked it man.
    FILL YOUR LIFE WITH INSPIRATION TO INSPIRE

DW Collectors - Paragon - Vic Firth -

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DWdrumr View Post
    Nice man, jammin. I must comment your snare seems really really low, not that it matters because everyone has there own way they like to set-up, just seems really low and uncomfy, but you rocked it man.
    Kevin, thanks for the compliment, and it's funny you mention the snare. I'm tall, and I think I set up my whole kit too low, starting with my throne. I started to notice it more recently. The band sometimes helps set up and I think things change every time. Just seemed to happen over time.

I just changed around to an offset and I was thinking of raising everything up. That would help me make the toms flatter too, since I have deeper toms.

Practice is Wed. and I'm going to do it then. I'll post pics if I can and maybe you can give feedback.
    Jesse

2016 Roland TD-25K

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kaosotis View Post
    Kevin, thanks for the compliment, and it's funny you mention the snare. I'm tall, and I think I set up my whole kit too low, starting with my throne. I started to notice it more recently. The band sometimes helps set up and I think things change every time. Just seemed to happen over time.

I just changed around to an offset and I was thinking of raising everything up. That would help me make the toms flatter too, since I have deeper toms.

Practice is Wed. and I'm going to do it then. I'll post pics if I can and maybe you can give feedback.
    You let your band mates help set-up your kit lol? Thats a huge no no lol. No just playing man. I used to have my drums low like yours as well, and it was just really uncomfortable for me, so I started raising everything, and man what a difference. I would love to throw you my .02 anytime man.
    FILL YOUR LIFE WITH INSPIRATION TO INSPIRE

DW Collectors - Paragon - Vic Firth -

Larrysperf Guest

very nice really liked free bird. Nuff Said and still like them white drums cool

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Larrysperf View Post
    very nice really liked free bird. Nuff Said and still like them white drums cool
    Singing wasn't too horrible? I don't have a great deal of confidence singing, but I've improved a lot in the 3 years since then.

Don't worry Larry, my drums aren't going anywhere. No $. I guess if I thought I could get a good amount of $ for them I'd consider upgrading at some point, but with college looming for my son that seems unlikely.
    Jesse

2016 Roland TD-25K

User Info Menu

You let your band mates help set-up your kit lol? Thats a huge no no lol. No just playing man. I used to have my drums low like yours as well, and it was just really uncomfortable for me, so I started raising everything, and man what a difference. I would love to throw you my .02 anytime man.
    I watched the clips again, particularly Freebird, and it really does look awfully low. No wonder I hit my leg with my left hand!!!!

It will feel different in terms of the kick pedal, etc..., but I'm going to try to raise the whole thing a few inches. Probably will feel better, like the offset config has, in the long run.

Thanks!!!!
    Jesse

2016 Roland TD-25K

Larrysperf Guest

Hey you dont need to upgrade them drums sound great and I would love to own them. I love white drums. I would have a set but mine had the sound I like so I have red, and to tell the truth I hate red as a color, but the finish on my set makes up for it lol Nuff Said

User Info Menu

That was great KO! I really enjoyed that. It wasn't so much watching it as a critique, but just watching it for enjoyment, because it was fun watching you play.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

cool tunes , nice and loose playing, very nice.

Official cowbell hater.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Larrysperf View Post
    Hey you dont need to upgrade them drums sound great and I would love to own them. I love white drums. I would have a set but mine had the sound I like so I have red, and to tell the truth I hate red as a color, but the finish on my set makes up for it lol Nuff Said
    I'm not going to upgrade, just saying that's the only reason I would get rid of them. Truth is I find it hard to justify spending money on myself.

My new mission is to find a Granstar Custom or Crestar White Birch Artwood snare (like the one that came with my kit that I don't know what happened to). Would be cool to have it back to original, even though I really like the newer Artwood I just got.

I'm just jealous of all these people getting new sets all the time!!!
    Jesse

2016 Roland TD-25K

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    That was great KO! I really enjoyed that. It wasn't so much watching it as a critique, but just watching it for enjoyment, because it was fun watching you play.
    Thanks Bob. While I welcome all critique, I'm happy to have people just watch and enjoy.

As I said, I love the one's with the kids (there's lots more) simply for the enjoyment factor.
    Jesse

2016 Roland TD-25K

User Info Menu

I just got a chance to check out the vids and I give your chops props .

User Info Menu

Kevin,

I raised up the snare some so it wasn't hitting my leg, but I have to say I obviously need to get to practice like an hour early and really get the setup right.

The offset config is the way to go, but it needs some fine tuning. I'm thinking if I can bring the whole thing up I might be able to flatten out the toms a little as well. I just didn't have the time this week.

Maybe I'm sitting too high and that's part of the issue too. It's kind of frustrating because I know there's a setup that will be better, just can't find it yet.
    Jesse

2016 Roland TD-25K

User Info Menu

Watched your vids agian, I like them - post more.

User Info Menu

Taz,

I'll see what I can find. We are playing another charity concert at my school on May 29th and I'm hoping both the performances and the vid quality (might get a new HD camcorder) are better!
    Jesse

2016 Roland TD-25K

User Info Menu

Very nice! I enjoyed it!! Thanks for sharing!!
    DW - PEARL - PDP - ZILDJIAN - EVANS - VIC FIRTH

Click for Gear Pics!

DW Collector's Series - Blue Glass - 10, 12, 14, 16, 23
    Pearl Session Custom - Green Burst - 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 22
    PDP CX Maple - Red Glass - 12, 14, 16, 24

Quote Originally Posted by LudwigLifer View Post
    If we had centerfolds for drums,that kit would be in one of them!

User Info Menu

Kaos, sweet vids man. I really enjoyed them. You got good chops brother. And no need to get jealous of everyone else getting new kits all the time, just think of it as they are trying to achieve the sound you already have...lol
    "Don't let your pride swell....you may have to swallow it one day!"- Unknown

God made Cops so Firefighters could have heroes!

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    I'm waaaay past having any major parts of my body exposed. Believe me, it wouldn't add anything to the show!
    Proud member of PHROGGE's Aquarian Army

Zildjian League