Thread: Legacy Vs. Yamaha

User Info Menu

Default Legacy Vs. Yamaha

Hey guys,

I'm looking at buying my first e-kit, and have narrowed it down to either the Legacy DD506 or the Yamaha DTXplorer. I've had a quick look around the forum, and haven't seen any reference to this brand (legacy), which instantly sets off alarm bells, although they seem to have a few more options for approximately the same price as the yamaha. All this against the fact that people swear by the yamaha.

What are your thoughts?

Cheers in advance

User Info Menu

Default Re: Legacy Vs. Yamaha

what is a legacy?!!!

Official cowbell hater.

User Info Menu

I've found out that Legacy is a Billy Hyde AU brand.

Thanks for everyones input...

User Info Menu

I think in the long run you'll get better support, and have more recourse for repair, and warranty issues if you go with a more well known brand, like Yamaha or Roland. I've owned several Yamaha keyboards and they are very reliable, and Yamaha's service on the few times I've used them has been excellent. If you want to keep this kit for a while, I think you would be happier over time with the Yamaha.
    Gretsch Catalina Birch 6 piece fusion set (10,12,14,16in. Toms, 22 Bass). Sabian 20" HH Classic Ride, 16" Istanbul Agop Dark Crash, & Zildian K 13" Hi-hats.

User Info Menu

my 2 cents ....you need to narrow it down to a roland !

User Info Menu

JMO. Both Yamaha or Roland have a better track record compared to the Legacy. Play all you can and buy what pleases you the most. ABC

User Info Menu

whats legacy? it might be good, but ive never played it so cant say. i do know the industry kings of e-drums are yamaha and roland so id probably look for any deals i could find on kits from them