Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New DC Member Ranking System

User Info Menu

Thumbs up New DC Member Ranking System

Anyone ever thought about a new rank scheme. Those who have 2,500, 5,000 and even 10,000 posts should have something different. With the way the board is moving, soon everyone will be a, "Top Dog (dont mess with me)"

This is just an idea, please post in what your thoughts are and mine is only an example that I have seen other places. The one DC has, is also used elsewhere. Who knows, maybe DC will change it.

The rank structure I have seen something like this:

Private 0-100
    SGT 100-200
    2LT 200-500
    1LT 500-1000
    CPT 1000-1500
    MAJ 1500-2000
    LTC 2000-2500
    COL 2500-3000
    BG 3000-3500
    MG 3500-4000
    LTG 4000-4500
    Gen 4500-5000

Anything beyond 5000 I have not seen a ranking for so you could make it interesting such as:

Trusted DC Memeber 5000-6000
    DC Ambassador Level I 6000-7000
    DC Ambassador Level II 7000 - 8000
    DC Ambassador Level III 8000-9000
    CD ambassador Level IV 9000-10000
    DC Grand Master 10000 plus

I am sure there are other ways to do it.
    Last edited by Tazmania; 03-02-2009 at 07:20 AM.

User Info Menu

Default Re: New DC Member Ranking System

hmm interesting thought.
    5k and 10k seem major milestones, so thats a pretty good idea.

Now theres an idea I respect from a chatter.

Official cowbell hater.

User Info Menu

great idea, but I think we really need to stay away from the millitary ranking system. I for one, wounld not like to infringe on the military rank struture. I think this is a great idea, but can we please, for respect sack, just not have it relate to millitary. I like the ambassitor idea, thats kool.
    Fat Pat, show us your drums page 138, post 3429
    always chang'n sumth'n

User Info Menu

Good point, how about this: I think the idea is to be able to achive a status change but yet at the same time DC wants to obtian quality posts. Again, this is an idea, DC has not even stated they will make any changes. The Mods will have to take this up with the owners and or the admin for the site. I agree that the current rating system is a bit on the boaring side. Not sure my idea any better.

Newbie 0-199
    Chatter 200-499
    Member 500-699 (add a pair of drum sticks icon)
    Respected Member 700-999 (add throne icon)
    Trusted Member 1000-1499 (add drum kit icon )
    Master Member 1500-1999 (add all the above with fireworlks icon)
    Elite Club Level 1 2000 - 2499 (add a drum kit and guitar icons)
    Elite Club Level 2 2500-2999 (add drum kit with 2 guitar icons )
    Elite Club Level 3 3000-3499 (add drum kit with 2 gutars and singer icon )
    Elite Club Level 4 3500-3999 (add all of the above with fireworks icon )
    Top Dog Club Level 1 4000-4999 (add drum kit and gold star icon)
    Top Dog Club Level 2 5000-5999 (add drum kit and two gold stars)
    Top Dog Club Level 3 6000-6999 (add drum kit and three gold stars)
    Top Dog CLub Level 4 7000-7999 (add kit and four gold stars with fireworks)
    DC's Best Level 1 8000 -8999 (add trophy icon)
    DC's Best Level 2 9000-9999 (add two trophies icons)

Ambassador's Club 10000-15000 (add five blue stars with fire works icon and a drum kit on each end of the blue stars)
    Last edited by Tazmania; 03-02-2009 at 12:27 PM.

User Info Menu

I like being a top dog!!!! If I lose that title, my dog will be the top dog, and I can't have that!

User Info Menu

I think I will soon reach Top Dog status. Just an idea, but if I had 5,000 posts I would hope for something so another thought is rather than chage the titles, leave them as is then simply add fun icons next to the title. Say for every 500 posts, soemthing pops up, do not know what that would be but its an idea.

Then again, could just leave it alone but then when you have so many top dogs then there really is no top anything.

User Info Menu

Hey fellow members, just want to be clear, I am only making a suggestion. If you have some good ideas out there, post them. Heck have a little fun with the thread, make up some funny type of ranking system, you never know it might get adopted.

User Info Menu

I am making an official protest , there is NO WAY im losing my top dawg status. this thread sucks. so nerr .

im joking Im joking.

Official cowbell hater.

Larrysperf Guest

Yea I like top dog to and respected chater. Nuff Said

User Info Menu

I'm having flash backs...........

http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.php/well-568.html

What I think is funny is this thread was posted before anyone had hit 1000 posts - now were're looking at memebrs appraoching 5000 posts.....

For those not in the know, all you have was newbie, junior and senior members when I joined. The current ranking system was an upgrade already and the idea of pics, kit pices etc... already ran it past them. Don't know if there was ever an explanation of why we didn't get that.
    "What consumes your mind, controls your life" - So, what consumes your mind?

User Info Menu

LoL* thanks Rat
    Last edited by Tazmania; 03-02-2009 at 06:33 PM.

User Info Menu

Crazyman, thanks for the info. Heck we will all be top dogs soon Great site

User Info Menu

I have a novel idea too! How about for every post we get a point, so when you have like 5000 posts it shows 5000!! I'm just kidding too Taz, so no offense meant.

I've seen some forums do a ranking system that is more detailed, and it's fine, so I think it was a good suggestion to bring up again TazMan! I'm good either way myself. We probably need Drummer to weigh in to determine what they can and can't do. I know some of these forum softwares have their limitations. I really like the drum kit idea too though.
    Last edited by Norske; 03-02-2009 at 06:40 PM.
    Why do psychics have to ask you your name? And how come you never heard of a psychic winning the lottery?
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

User Info Menu

Sorry, I was on snooze patrol. Ok... officially weighing in:

1. Love the idea!
    2. As always, I'll pass this along to see if maybe we can get it changed to something more appropriate for today's post count levels. (Man, this place has grown!)
    3. Rat was DEFINITELY joking! That's Rat for ya. He makes me laugh every day!

User Info Menu

Rat is a great member, I'll read the fine print next time

User Info Menu

Well, I would like to see what can be done about getting a different host. Anybody that would pay for hosting and then be down 1+hours a day is getting taken to the cleaners. No reasonable hosting site would allow this to happen, seemingly nightly.

And please folks, stop being down on things military. end of short rant.

As far as ratings, they are what they are, nothing to write home about no matter how they are set up, kinda like the Iwin game.
    Yamaha DTXtreme III FrankenXpress w/ various pads and cymbals
    Pearl Eliminator w/Vater Bomber
    Roc-N-Soc Motion
    Vater 7A Sugar Maple
    Simmons DA-200S
    Sony MDR-7506
    MacBookPro Core2 Duo 2.33,4gb,500gb w/SD2, Reason 4, and LE9

http://s591.photobucket.com/albums/ss358/Charlygo/

User Info Menu

Top Dog with a drumset icon added per thousand beyond, say 3,000, is a good idea.
    Leave the guitar icons out of this...we are a Drum Forum. No matter how this may resolve...don't forget I'm still "Da Capo." And that makes Drummer "Capo di tutti Capi."
    There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value.

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/j...vaz/TheSet.jpg

User Info Menu

I like it Frank! Boss of All Bosses sounds so much better than Super Moderator!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Sorry, I was on snooze patrol. Ok... officially weighing in:

1. Love the idea!
    2. As always, I'll pass this along to see if maybe we can get it changed to something more appropriate for today's post count levels. (Man, this place has grown!)
    3. Rat was DEFINITELY joking! That's Rat for ya. He makes me laugh every day!
    what did I do? what did I miss? come on ya know Im gonna bug ya till ya weaken.

Official cowbell hater.

User Info Menu

If My joke offended anyone I am soo very sorry and I apologize deeply, I love this place and I never intend to hurt anyone, if my humour is too cutting I am very sorry. I will tone it down.

Official cowbell hater.

User Info Menu

LoL Rat, I did not realize you were joking so I got a bit upset, then I was told you had some fine print, i.e. you were joking. My bad, I simply read that my thread sucks and I was like you got to be kiddding me, Rat would never say that right? All and all you were joking and I am with you on the Top Dog thing. Love the site and I think you offer a great deal to the DC members.

From what I am reading there may be something in the works that will be fun for everyone. Hey, I have been looking for your drum vids, have you posted any lately?

Chat later bro

Johnathan the Tazmania
    Last edited by Tazmania; 03-03-2009 at 06:51 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tazmania View Post
    LoL Rat, I did not realize you were joking so I got a bit upset, then I was told you had some fine print, i.e. you were joking. My bad, I simply read that my thread sucks and I was like you got to be kiddding me, Rat would never say that right? All and all you were joking and I am with you on the Top Dog thing. Love the site and I think you offer a great deal to the DC members.

From what I am reading there may be something in the works that will be fun for everyone. Hey, I have been looking for your drum vids, have you posted any lately?

Chat later bro

Johnathan the Tazmania
    cool stuff taz, this thread really is a great idea and it looks like it may be taken up. sry you missed the joking comments I think I scrolled down a little too far!!. I dont have any vids in digital format just old vhs and some tv work in candada and the uk etc. I do have some audio stuff though.

Official cowbell hater.

User Info Menu

I been here a year or so and consider myself a consistent poster and yet the first 1000 still seems a light year away. How do you guys do it?

all the best...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kay-gee View Post
    I been here a year or so and consider myself a consistent poster and yet the first 1000 still seems a light year away. How do you guys do it?

all the best...
    It's the pay...
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Move back to canada Kaygee, 6 months of being snowed in should get your post count up!!

Official cowbell hater.