Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Drum Thrones

User Info Menu

Default Drum Thrones

Just wondering what kind of Drum Thrones you guys have?? Regular Round Seated, Motorcycle Sysle, Bicyle, w/ A Back??

Tell your story.. and tell your back problems

Personally I have a Pork-Pie Bicyle Seat in Black and it's Velvet on the top.. Very nice chair and since having it I havent had a bad back after Best $225 I ever spent.
    God Bless & Rock On
    Current Set: Yamaha 7pc Maple Custom Abosulte
    Current Cymbals: Zildjian A Custom Cymbals
    Hardware: Yamaha 1100 Series, and DW 5000 Series Kick

User Info Menu

Motorcycle Style Generic brand Throne. Black and leather.

Most comfortable seat I've used.

HB58
    My Kit: Pearl Session Custom 7 Piece w/ Zildjian Cymbals
    My Band: Lead Redemption
    Current Favourite Band: Necrophagist
    Current Favourite Song: To Rid The Disease - Opeth
    Next purchase: Pearl 18"x16" Floor Tom, Zildjian A Custom Crash

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

Sounds pretty awesome.. Too be honest I'm thinking that mine in Motorcycle but I can't remember.. All I know it's amazingly comfortable and all other drum thrones I sit on now feel like crap.
    God Bless & Rock On

User Info Menu

I know how you mean Slippy. Any of the regular stools get uncomfortable really quickly to me now. I can play on my motorcycle seat for hours (as I proved yesterday)

HB58

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

Yeah, I know my old seat.. I couldn't even use.. After I got off I couldn't walk right.. my back was so bad.. And the fact that I usually play for hours on end don't help either.. Although the one that our church has (A DW one) is alot better then most and my friends Ayotte kit got a Pearl with it which is a motorcycle I think.. Which kinda makes since meaning I got a bicyle one and that one is also quite comfortable but I don't think it matches my Pork - Pie.
    God Bless & Rock On

User Info Menu

I've heard those Pork-Pie's are awesome, but I haven't seen anything about them anywhere. I think our local music store is too poor to stock anything like that. There's barely any new drumming stuff in there each time I go in.

HB58

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

Wait, maybe I have a Bicycle seat... What's the difference between the bicycle and motorcycle seat?

Any clarification?

HB58

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

Hmm, it's either I got the Bicyle or you got the Motorcycle cause this is mine.
    God Bless & Rock On

User Info Menu

I think they could be one and the same.

The only difference I could tell is that mine (calling it the motorcycle seat) has a wider tip at the front, where as yours does not.

I don't really know, can anyone clarify?

HB58

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

From what I've been told, you both have a motorcycle seat (me too! ) as a bicycle seat is narrower and tapers down out the front.
    Da' Bum
    Rockin' the beat for fadedblue
    Keepin' time for Andy Harrison & the AOP
    http://www.facebook.com/fadedbluemusic
    DW Performance 5 pc. in White Marine Pearl
    1972 Pearl Deluxe Custom 5 pc. in blue sparkle
    KAT KT-3
    Paiste cymbals
    Gibraltar hardware
    Axis pedals
    Vic Firth sticks
    Evans heads

User Info Menu

Hmm, kinda makes sense there Drumbum.. although hellsbells looks smaller in the front.
    God Bless & Rock On

User Info Menu

I finally played on a motorcycle style throne a few weeks ago and I will never use a standard throne again. I can not beleive I put up with my butt wandering for over 25 years

Keith

User Info Menu

I have been perfectly satisfied with my radial Gibralter throne. It replaced my old Ludwig Accent throne after I sat down on it too hard, bent one of the legs, and fell backwards busting my head on a concrete wall behind me.

Double Braced hardware can be somewhat of a gimmick on stands and other hardware, but I consider it rather important on a throne.
    ~John K.~

User Info Menu

Just got a Pearl Roadster, motorcyle seat. First time for that type of seat, and I love it.VERY comfortable, great adjustment.

User Info Menu

I never did like the motorcycle type or others with pre-formed molds. I found it distracted me when I wanted to move around. It's too confining. I like just the good old-fashioned round seat.

User Info Menu

I have a regular round-seated throne...thinking of replacing it though...any suggestions?
    The egg approves!

User Info Menu

im actually a big fan of regular-round

easy to move around in

altho it could cause back problems......evenually
    MY KIT: 5 Piece Westbury, Remo Ambassador Heads and Remo Muff'l Rings on all drums, Sabian AA 20" Metal-X Ride, Zildjian ZXT 16" Rock Crash, Pearl 14" Hats, Pearl 18" Crash Ride, Wuhan 12" China

Band Website:

The Torpedo Identity

http://www.myspace.com/thetorpedoidentity
    http://www.purevolume.com/blacksunn

User Info Menu

i have a Pacific Drum round seat. It's fine for the first 2 hours then you have to get up and run a lap around the room before you continue to play
    I really wish that we could actually show the pictures in here...

User Info Menu

Thumbs up

The pearl D1000S is a regular round seat with shock absorber in it, to delay fatigue while playing,i just got me one!!
    Nice i must say, very squidgy!!!
    I Shall Never be caught, you will never obtain my Weapons of Mass Percussion, MWA HA HA HA HA!!

User Info Menu

i got a ludwig throne..just regular circular..its like plush on top..so it keeps my
    a s s comfy

User Info Menu

Cool Drum Thrones

I've been leaning toward the motorcycle style with my next one ... my problem with round ones is they tend to cut off the circulation in the legs ... no matter how cush your tush has, if your legs don't have enough circulation, you're gonna be miserable after a gig!

keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

It is so cool how nearly everybody has a different preferance, never mind what the majority of non-drummers think about us!! The drum kit is definately the most unique and customisable instruments out there, and it is bloody hard to play to boot. (boo + yak) * sha = Booyakasha non-drummer peoples...
    I Shall Never be caught, you will never obtain my Weapons of Mass Percussion, MWA HA HA HA HA!!

User Info Menu

got a new throne...it's a motorcycle style...it's so much more comfortable than my round one...
    The egg approves!

User Info Menu

I bought a Pulse motorcycle style for $50 and it is pretty decent. It never has gotten uncomfortable yet. It is the corkscrew kind and it gets loose at the clamp every once in awhile but not bad. I just take the visegrips and tighten the lock screw down extra tight (built good enough it don't break, major plus) after that it is good to go about 15 full hours before I have to tighten it again.

Not a bad seat for the cash, super 4 legs sturdy. I like it and if I had the cash to buy an expensive one I would buy a bunch of these. I just would.

User Info Menu

I have a stool with a cushion nailed to it.