Thread: Tama pedal

User Info Menu

Default Tama pedal

Can anyone tell me the difference between the 3 model they are selling here? i want something nice and light on my foot. I have a peace velocity 8 at the minute and it really heavy and clunky on my foot.

Cheers Mark
    Last edited by drummer; 03-03-2009 at 08:40 AM. Reason: Commercial Link
    Have you got you're ticket for the rock train? You gotta earn that Ticket!!

Premier Genista - Pearl Masters - Primus custom snare - Zildjian A Custom- DW 5000 pedal - Zildjian Zack Starkey sticks

I play lead Drums

User Info Menu

Default Re: Tama pedal

I have the powerglide, the foot plate is pretty heavy but its a quick pedal. I think the rolling glide is really quick from what Ive heard, also the pearl eliminator is light and quick and less dosh.

Official cowbell hater.

User Info Menu

the pearl also has 4 cab's with it(pearl eliminator) , making it 4 pedals in one, or so the website says, will it make that much difference?
    Have you got you're ticket for the rock train? You gotta earn that Ticket!!

Premier Genista - Pearl Masters - Primus custom snare - Zildjian A Custom- DW 5000 pedal - Zildjian Zack Starkey sticks

I play lead Drums

User Info Menu

its really one pedal with different cam selection, but the cams will offer quite a bit of flexibility to the angle of attack at the feel of the pedal. its a real easy quick change too, I have the 2 legged elim hi hat stand and it has the cams too. it is nice.

Official cowbell hater.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by markthechuck View Post
    Can anyone tell me the difference between the 3 model they are selling here? i want something nice and light on my foot. I have a peace velocity 8 at the minute and it really heavy and clunky on my foot.

Cheers Mark
    The Tama pedals are the Power Glide, Rolling Glide and Flexi-Glide pedals. Out of the bunch the Power Glides seem to be the most popular. My double pedal is a Power Glide, very robust, lots of power and adjustments, a very good pedal to play. BTW, my slave pedal gets very little use, but it's there when I want it.

Their Flexi-Glide pedal is the smoothest of the three. It used a Kevlar strap from the footboard to the cam for a nice smooth feel. They say a strap pedal is just about like a direct drive in terms of smoothness.

I don't know much about the rolling Glides since I never owned one, but I did try one when I was looking at the other Tama pedals. The most that stick in my mind is they felt just like most other pedals. All the newer model Tama pedals either have or can be modified with the "Cobra Coil". It's supposed to make the rebound of the foot plate just a bit faster, which it does. The Cobra Coil is also adjustable through the bottom of the base plate.

I also own a Pearl Eliminator. It has adjustments out the kazoo. It comes with four different cams and two more cams are available through a Pearl distributor. My Eliminator seems not to have the power my Tamas, or Yamaha have, but none the less it's very responsive and just keeps going.

That's all I can think of right now. Hope it helps.
    Dennis