Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Drum Jam 3.4.09

User Info Menu

Default New Drum Jam 3.4.09

Whats up Drumchatters?

I flipped on the camera and this is what came out, hope you all like it. There is some pretty cool stuff in here, and a few blunders as well, anyway hope you all dig it.

BTW I set-up my kit differently AGAIN lol, and just felt like laying something down.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI02IhRrrhM"]YouTube - Drum Jam 3.4.09[/ame]
    FILL YOUR LIFE WITH INSPIRATION TO INSPIRE

DW Collectors - Paragon - Vic Firth -

User Info Menu

Default Re: New Drum Jam 3.4.09

Nice dude, lovin the part at around 3:00 with that big fill. Good work.
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

that was awesome
    Paiste Posse
    14inch 2002 series Sound Edge Hi-hats
    16inch and 18inch Signature series Fast crashes
    20inch 3000 series Ride
    18inch PST5 series China

Pearl Forum Series drum set
    Pearl Chad Smith Signature snare(steel shell)
    Tama Iron Cobra Chrome

RIP Frank - You will be remembered

User Info Menu

Love it dude! The break at 4:20 is awesome.

Shall we all start calling you Neil?
    Kevin
    DW Performance series - Gun Metal Metallic Lacquer
    24/12/16 6.5x14
    Sabian AA/AAX hi-hats & crashes
    Sabian HHX Evolution ride

Drummers can be very tempomental.....

User Info Menu

good job again brother

R.i.P. FRANK YOU WILL BE REMEMBER AS A GENTLEMAN

how to attach an image http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ures-7721.html

FRENCHY

User Info Menu

Great job I loved it btw im learning quads (thats what my drum teacher called them) and you play them a lot at 3:00 got any pointers to help me learn them?
    You can't change the past but you can always alter the future.

User Info Menu

Quads are fun as hell. RH LH RF LF.... repeat endlessly for rumbling thunder! Once you get that down, mix it up. I like to alternate leading hands so it would be RH LH RF LF then LH RH RF LF.
    Kevin
    24/12/16 6.5x14

User Info Menu

nice work dude!

drums sound beautiful

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CycleDude View Post
    Love it dude! The break at 4:20 is awesome.

Shall we all start calling you Neil?
    roflol me Neil yea in my dreams, but thanks man.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetbox View Post
    Great job I loved it btw im learning quads (thats what my drum teacher called them) and you play them a lot at 3:00 got any pointers to help me learn them?
    Thanks. pretty much what Cycle said man.

Quote Originally Posted by CycleDude View Post
    Quads are fun as hell. RH LH RF LF.... repeat endlessly for rumbling thunder! Once you get that down, mix it up. I like to alternate leading hands so it would be RH LH RF LF then LH RH RF LF.
    Well said man. Rumbling thunder hell yea.

User Info Menu

I am considering removing this video. After watching it a few times, it is really sloppy. Honestly what do you guys think? I think I need to remove it, because I know I can do better. But I am not a solo drummer, so I might just forget all together about posting solo type vids, because I suck at them.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DWdrumr View Post
    I am considering removing this video. After watching it a few times, it is really sloppy. Honestly what do you guys think? I think I need to remove it, because I know I can do better. But I am not a solo drummer, so I might just forget all together about posting solo type vids, because I suck at them.
    Leave it. I'm not agreeing that your solos suck but I'm in the same boat. Not a soloist but most stuff I put up is just me trying to show how a kit sounds. I should know better...
    Signature here

Larrysperf Guest

you dont suck never will but that 8 tom just jumps out all the time lol
    I really enjoyed it and love your tom sound ,well all your drums Dont ever stop doing both videos
    You know I will get on your case lol
    So keep up the great work. Nuff Said

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Larrysperf View Post
    you dont suck never will but that 8 tom just jumps out all the time lol
    I really enjoyed it and love your tom sound ,well all your drums Dont ever stop doing both videos
    You know I will get on your case lol
    So keep up the great work. Nuff Said
    Thanks Larry.

Larrysperf Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DWdrumr View Post
    Thanks Larry.
    also glad you are puting your kit back with all its drums lol

User Info Menu

OMG, Kevin!! Your'e right...better trash this vid and start over again. I mean, really, saying that it was sloppy is much to kind. Had enough? The problem, my young friend, is two fold: 1. you expect a great deal from yourself and, 2. You're to close to be objective. At the 2:30 mark you went into an accented pattern snare pattern against straight 16th's on your bass. That was nicely done. If it seemed sloppy to you it's because you were doing it hand-to-hand and it got a little heavy sounding. I use that same sticking pattern quite often but, will vary it by using RH Swiss Triplet and then switch over to RLLR LLRL LRLL RLRR | LRRL RRLR RLRR LRLL. You get quite an effect by using the Swiss triplets around the toms and The off-set paradiddle patterns make a great visual as you play the single stroke accent. Then, at 3:16 you went into off-beat triplet LH pattern against the time keeping of the RH on the ride.
    You might not even be totally aware of what you did but it was damn good! Kevin, you are an instinctive player and you use that well. Everything you do is for a reason and you utilize the kit to make transitions from one train of thought to another. It's never boring to watch and listen to you play.
    There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value.

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/j...vaz/TheSet.jpg

User Info Menu

No way do not remove, you give us something to aspire toward.

User Info Menu

Very cool bro! Great chops, and some pretty sick licks in there!

Don't worry about the minor stuff...it happens when we jam out and experiment!

I thought it was great!! But then again...we don't expect anything less from your vids Kev!
    DW - PEARL - PDP - ZILDJIAN - EVANS - VIC FIRTH

Click for Gear Pics!

DW Collector's Series - Blue Glass - 10, 12, 14, 16, 23
    Pearl Session Custom - Green Burst - 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 22
    PDP CX Maple - Red Glass - 12, 14, 16, 24

Quote Originally Posted by LudwigLifer View Post
    If we had centerfolds for drums,that kit would be in one of them!

User Info Menu

Dude, I have never played a solo that I liked. Not in over 30 years. We are all too hard on ourselves. That's because we want to improve!! You have the bug, my brother! Embrace it and prepare for a lifetime of self deprecation. I think I spelled that right.
    Frank said it most completely. There is some brilliant stuff in that solo, and a few 'clunkers', I guess. I mean to say that I could see how you would find a few moments sloppy, but for the rest of us, obviously from the posts, you play, man. You play with power and enthusiasm and imagination. As on 'old' guy, you inspire me. I find most young drummers satisfied with keeping a 4/4 groove and having a vocabulary of about 10-15 fill phrases. You have obviously fallen in love with your instrument. Those girl's will treat you better than any lover or dog, too, IMHO. Sweet kit,btw. And that ride!!

Shoot, I put up a vid with a spaz-out-stick-drop!

Peace and rhythm.

Oh, if you don't mind, how old are you and how long you been smackin em? I'm a little new around here.
    Proudly playing:
    Doc Sweeney Drums
    A bunch of snares
    A bunch of cymbals

Off-Set double pedals

I think I love to play the drums simply because you get to hit 'em!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fiacovaz View Post
    OMG, Kevin!! Your'e right...better trash this vid and start over again. I mean, really, saying that it was sloppy is much to kind. Had enough? The problem, my young friend, is two fold: 1. you expect a great deal from yourself and, 2. You're to close to be objective. At the 2:30 mark you went into an accented pattern snare pattern against straight 16th's on your bass. That was nicely done. If it seemed sloppy to you it's because you were doing it hand-to-hand and it got a little heavy sounding. I use that same sticking pattern quite often but, will vary it by using RH Swiss Triplet and then switch over to RLLR LLRL LRLL RLRR | LRRL RRLR RLRR LRLL. You get quite an effect by using the Swiss triplets around the toms and The off-set paradiddle patterns make a great visual as you play the single stroke accent. Then, at 3:16 you went into off-beat triplet LH pattern against the time keeping of the RH on the ride.
    You might not even be totally aware of what you did but it was damn good! Kevin, you are an instinctive player and you use that well. Everything you do is for a reason and you utilize the kit to make transitions from one train of thought to another. It's never boring to watch and listen to you play.
    Thanks man. I am very hard on myself, But I am am getting better at giving myself a little credit lol. I appreciate you telling me what I did in that video, because to be very honest I don't have a clue what I am doing, I don't know all the technical elements involved, so it is kind of nice to know what I did, I think that may be some of my issue's, so thanks man.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazmania View Post
    No way do not remove, you give us something to aspire toward.
    Thank you Taz.

Quote Originally Posted by redheaddrummer03 View Post
    Very cool bro! Great chops, and some pretty sick licks in there!

Don't worry about the minor stuff...it happens when we jam out and experiment!

I thought it was great!! But then again...we don't expect anything less from your vids Kev!
    Thanks Red, I appreciate it man.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny G View Post
    Dude, I have never played a solo that I liked. Not in over 30 years. We are all too hard on ourselves. That's because we want to improve!! You have the bug, my brother! Embrace it and prepare for a lifetime of self deprecation. I think I spelled that right.
    Frank said it most completely. There is some brilliant stuff in that solo, and a few 'clunkers', I guess. I mean to say that I could see how you would find a few moments sloppy, but for the rest of us, obviously from the posts, you play, man. You play with power and enthusiasm and imagination. As on 'old' guy, you inspire me. I find most young drummers satisfied with keeping a 4/4 groove and having a vocabulary of about 10-15 fill phrases. You have obviously fallen in love with your instrument. Those girl's will treat you better than any lover or dog, too, IMHO. Sweet kit,btw. And that ride!!

Shoot, I put up a vid with a spaz-out-stick-drop!

Peace and rhythm.

Oh, if you don't mind, how old are you and how long you been smackin em? I'm a little new around here.
    Thanks man I really appreciate it.

I have been playing for, well going on 7 yrs now, 2.5 yrs solid, and the rest was choppy, played, then quit for a couple years, picked the sticks back up for a year and then sold my kit and got married, then got the bug again and haven't looked back, I am more hooked and in love with playing more than ever, I will never stop playing now.

User Info Menu

My sentimental side is going to come out again, because I just want to once again say THANK YOU to all of you, for lifting me up and encouraging me, I can't express to you how much that means to me, it has pushed me to be a better player.

I am going to shut up and go bang them skins now.

User Info Menu

You're a fine player, Kevin. BTW, as I listened to the vid, I kept thinking how terrific that ride cymbal sounded. Man, I love the sound of your drums and cymbals.
    There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value.

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/j...vaz/TheSet.jpg

User Info Menu

That is a fantastic sounding kit man, Right from the snare thru to the floor tom. beauty.The cymbals really compliment the drums too, loved the splash ride and the ozone. top marks to the audio. The playing is solid and gives the listener a nice solid melodic foundation and pulse.
    Dont you dare remove this vid man.
    we are our own worst critics and you have absolutely nothing to be ashamed of here . seriously.

Official cowbell hater.

User Info Menu

I'm with the others Kev, leave the vid up. In fact, I think I'm gonna watch it again... LOL!
    Kevin
    24/12/16 6.5x14

User Info Menu

amazing sound for a youtue video!

User Info Menu

DWdrumr-
    Came off real nice buddy!! @3:48 was TRICK!!! Super nice work!!!!!!!
    Q-Would you buy another one if it were stolen?
    A-Well yeah... But, I'd probly turn into a homicidal maniac first!