Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Goodness, Gracious, GRETSCH Balls Of Fire!

User Info Menu

Default Goodness, Gracious, GRETSCH Balls Of Fire!

The drums arrived today, just about an hour ago. I thought they were coming yesterday, but that is a story in and of itself......

YAHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Uh-Oh... we are NOT off to a good start....

Ooooohhhhhh! She's So Purty............
    Kevin
    DW Performance series - Gun Metal Metallic Lacquer
    24/12/16 6.5x14
    Sabian AA/AAX hi-hats & crashes
    Sabian HHX Evolution ride

Drummers can be very tempomental.....

User Info Menu

Wow, Look at that.... It's magnificent!

Houston, we have a problem..... Some imperfections in the shell's finish. Let's see how good Kaman's customer service department is. Stay tuned................

Last edited by CycleDude; 03-05-2009 at 01:55 PM.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Goodness, Gracious, GRETSCH Balls Of Fire!

Ahh yes..self Gretschification..the percussive type of course!
    Better late than never! We thought you had passed out from holding your breath or something!!! Awesome to see they have finally arrived!
    Now you will see first hand what PB, myself and a few others on the forum already know about these awesome drums! I'll give you two some alone time to get aquainted..but after that ... Pics and a full and in depth review of those tubs!.. Great choice CD and welcome again to the Gretsch Family!!!
    Let me know how that HW checks out... -Les

User Info Menu

WooooHOOOOO!!!!! Nothing quite like a brand new drum kit!! Gorgeous finish too!

I'm sure they will take care of the problems for you...and you have photographic evidence too!
    Why do psychics have to ask you your name? And how come you never heard of a psychic winning the lottery?
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=CycleDude;174333]Wow, Look at that.... It's magnificent!

Houston, we have a problem..... Some imperfections in the shell's finish. Let's see how good Kaman's customer service department is. Stay tuned................

[QUOTE]
    I wouldn't worry too much about Kaman products (Gretsch) They really stand behind their product! Give Sigler a jingle on this as well. That would be my first course of action.. -Les

User Info Menu

Congrats Kev. Looking good, I don't think that little spider will be a problem at all for them to take care of!
    "Don't let your pride swell....you may have to swallow it one day!"- Unknown

God made Cops so Firefighters could have heroes!

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    I'm waaaay past having any major parts of my body exposed. Believe me, it wouldn't add anything to the show!
    Proud member of PHROGGE's Aquarian Army

Zildjian League

User Info Menu

One other thing, I never saw what the specs were on that beauty. Did you go with a 3 piece or is that not all of the boxes

I'm waaaay past having any major parts of my body exposed. Believe me, it wouldn't add anything to the show!

Zildjian League

User Info Menu

It's a 6 piece. Kick, snare two rack toms two floor toms.

I just fdidn't upload all of the pics. Some of the kit is still in boxes. I went home for lunch break and they were waiting for me.
    Kevin
    24/12/16 6.5x14

User Info Menu

The time when your drums arrive is the most exciting moment for me ever! And you've got some sweet Gretsch's there CycleDude!

User Info Menu

I just hung up the phone with a cool cat at KMC customer service. I told him what happened and he says "No prob, I'll get ya some new ones." That was it. No problem, no pic requests, no claim for fedex to come back, no hassle, no nothing.

KMC, (Kaman Music Corp.) the US Gretsch distributer just scored HUGE bonus points by great customer service.
    Kevin
    24/12/16 6.5x14

User Info Menu

Man, that's awesome CD. It's awesome to hear about companies that stand behind their products 100%. Customer satisfaction (which equals not only word of mouth, but repeat business) sometimes seems to be a lost art in this country. Your experience shows that there are those who still believe in it. Nice kit, by the way.
    Robert

"Ok Guys This Is In Da Key Of Boom Chick Boom Boom Chick...." - SIR PHROGGE

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, write a sonnet, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, solve equations, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." Robert Heinlein

Zildjian League #1 Flunkie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CycleDude View Post

I just hung up the phone with a cool cat at KMC customer service. I told him what happened and he says "No prob, I'll get ya some new ones." That was it. No problem, no pic requests, no claim for fedex to come back, no hassle, no nothing.

KMC, (Kaman Music Corp.) the US Gretsch distributer just scored HUGE bonus points by great customer service.
    told ya.. - Les

User Info Menu

Good to hear about Customer Service, I've had some pretty bad customer service in the past but Gretsch seem great

User Info Menu

In that first pic, was that something that broke or did it just poke through the box. BTW did you go back to work after lunch? IDK if I would have at least I would have been late coming back from lunch. LOL

Zildjian League

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by topdog63 View Post
    In that first pic, was that something that broke or did it just poke through the box. BTW did you go back to work after lunch? IDK if I would have at least I would have been late coming back from lunch. LOL
    Im betting he doesnt go to work the day the new ones arrive .

Congrats CD , I really dig the fades and Gretsch drums are nice . Can we assume theres a new video in the near future .?

User Info Menu

..So Gretsch is shipping out a new kit..or just a kick drum? I assume that spider cracking was your kick drum..no? -Les

sigh*
    ...tic-tock..tic-tock..tic-tock..tic-tock
    Last edited by Lesizmor; 03-05-2009 at 03:56 PM.

User Info Menu

WELL I was attempting to insert 53 images in this message but was told by the system that I am limited to 4!!!

Anyways Congrats!
    Yamaha DTXtreme III FrankenXpress w/ various pads and cymbals
    Pearl Eliminator w/Vater Bomber
    Roc-N-Soc Motion
    Vater 7A Sugar Maple
    Simmons DA-200S
    Sony MDR-7506
    MacBookPro Core2 Duo 2.33,4gb,500gb w/SD2, Reason 4, and LE9

http://s591.photobucket.com/albums/ss358/Charlygo/

User Info Menu

Wow CD...looks like the money you paid for "Shipping & HANDLING" went right out the window huh?

Anyways, great looking drums! It's cool that the customer service is going to hook you up. And now you must wait again!!!!!! sorry man
    DW - PEARL - PDP - ZILDJIAN - EVANS - VIC FIRTH

Click for Gear Pics!

DW Collector's Series - Blue Glass - 10, 12, 14, 16, 23
    Pearl Session Custom - Green Burst - 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 22
    PDP CX Maple - Red Glass - 12, 14, 16, 24

Quote Originally Posted by LudwigLifer View Post
    If we had centerfolds for drums,that kit would be in one of them!

User Info Menu

yeah, but these'll play for a day or two!!
    Yamaha DTXtreme III FrankenXpress w/ various pads and cymbals
    Pearl Eliminator w/Vater Bomber
    Roc-N-Soc Motion
    Vater 7A Sugar Maple
    Simmons DA-200S
    Sony MDR-7506
    MacBookPro Core2 Duo 2.33,4gb,500gb w/SD2, Reason 4, and LE9

http://s591.photobucket.com/albums/ss358/Charlygo/

User Info Menu

Yes, Gretsch!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CharlyG View Post
    yeah, but these'll play for a day or two!!
    Oh, absolutley...but I can feel his frustration from here.
    DW - PEARL - PDP - ZILDJIAN - EVANS - VIC FIRTH

Click for Gear Pics!

DW Collector's Series - Blue Glass - 10, 12, 14, 16, 23
    Pearl Session Custom - Green Burst - 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 22
    PDP CX Maple - Red Glass - 12, 14, 16, 24

Quote Originally Posted by LudwigLifer View Post
    If we had centerfolds for drums,that kit would be in one of them!

User Info Menu

Congrats buddy looks like a beaut, shame about the blemish, but good news on the customer service.
    I dont know how you can stand the wait for delivery, I would have to go right to the place and pick em up. top marks to you bud.

Official cowbell hater.

User Info Menu

This is one of the drawbacks of internet purchasing. I know Gretsch (KAMAN)
    stands behind all of their products..and it is great to see that they are hooking you up Kev. I feel for you having to wait for the new kit to arrive. If my assumptions are correct, Gretsch has already tagged and maybe even shipped your new drum or kit (whichever) and you'll have it very soon. Don't let this taint your perception of this line of drums.. They are really, really nice. I absolutely love my Cat Maples. -Les

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lesizmor View Post
    This is one of the drawbacks of internet purchasing. I know Gretsch (KAMAN)
    stands behind all of their products..and it is great to see that they are hooking you up Kev. I feel for you having to wait for the new kit to arrive. If my assumptions are correct, Gretsch has already tagged and maybe even shipped your new drum or kit (whichever) and you'll have it very soon. Don't let this taint your perception of this line of drums.. They are really, really nice. I absolutely love my Cat Maples. -Les
    Hey, I do customer service for a living, so I know stuff happens. Everyone makes mistakes. It's how they are handled that defines a company, and so far, I'm tickled pink. Like I said, I called, they hooked me up, and I am thrilled with Gretsch and Kaman..
    Kevin
    24/12/16 6.5x14

User Info Menu

Hey, I do customer service for a living, so I know stuff happens. Everyone makes mistakes. It's how they are handled that defines a company, and so far, I'm tickled pink. Like I said, I called, they hooked me up, and I am thrilled with Gretsch and Kaman..
    Well alright then. -Les