Thread: Peace velocity bass pedal help..

User Info Menu

Default Peace velocity bass pedal help..

Peace-Velocity-8-Bass-Drum-Pedals-460-80.jpg

Anyone have any experience with these? it's what i currently have but i find it heavy on my foot, i've tried playing around with it but i'm not sure what i'm doing to be honest, i was going to get a different one but thought there must be something i can do with this one to make it lighter on my foot and more responsive.
    Cheers Mark
    Have you got you're ticket for the rock train? You gotta earn that Ticket!!

Premier Genista - Pearl Masters - Primus custom snare - Zildjian A Custom- DW 5000 pedal - Zildjian Zack Starkey sticks

I play lead Drums

User Info Menu

Default Re: Peace velocity bass pedal help..

it would apear i have this pedal now..

dw_pedal.jpg
    Have you got you're ticket for the rock train? You gotta earn that Ticket!!

Premier Genista - Pearl Masters - Primus custom snare - Zildjian A Custom- DW 5000 pedal - Zildjian Zack Starkey sticks

I play lead Drums

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by markthechuck View Post
    Peace-Velocity-8-Bass-Drum-Pedals-460-80.jpg

Anyone have any experience with these? it's what i currently have but i find it heavy on my foot, i've tried playing around with it but i'm not sure what i'm doing to be honest, i was going to get a different one but thought there must be something i can do with this one to make it lighter on my foot and more responsive.
    Cheers Mark
    Hi Mark
    I have never played the model you have, but in general, it sounds like you might want to loosen the tension on the spring a bit and maybe lower the beater head as well. This should 'lighten up' the feel of the pedal.
    The best way to learn how to adjust a bass drum pedal is to start messing around with it. Don't adjust too much at once. Subtle changes might be all that you need. And try to give your foot a chance to adjust to any adjustment a bit before you try to change anything else. I don't know that pedal specifically, but many pedals allow you to adjust the footboard height and the position of the chain on the cam, etc...I'm sure you don't actually need a new pedal.
    Happy experimenting.
    BTW I play a Yamaha 900 series pedal from 1980 that still performs beautifully. But, a few weeks after I got it, I hated it and tried to return it to the store. The drum guy at the local shop gave me a quick lesson in bass pedal adjustment and sent me home to experiment. I tweeked it in small increments until I found what felt right for me. Almost thirty years later, I haven't adjusted it again.
    Be patient with yourself, and the pedal.
    Proudly playing:
    Doc Sweeney Drums
    A bunch of snares
    A bunch of cymbals

Off-Set double pedals

I think I love to play the drums simply because you get to hit 'em!!!

User Info Menu

i have the exact pedal.

adjust your spring tension with the screws below the spring. after you do that, you can move the beater closer to the head by loosening the drum key screw on the clamp that holds the beater arm. after its loosened, you can just move it closer and then tighten it back up. its on a ratchet system like a boom stand. if you have any other questions, feel free to PM me and ask, i took the whole thing apart to see how it worked right when i got it. (15 year old habit lol)
    -Reuben

SABIAN SQUAD
    ^^^SGD'S EVANS EMPIRE^^^
    RIP Frank "Fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

User Info Menu

maybe you might wanna clean up those 7000's your rockin right now.