Thread: Evans GMAD- Anyone tried this?

User Info Menu

Default Evans GMAD- Anyone tried this?

Seen it in Modern Drummer and apparently it's now commercialy available, has anyone tried it?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Evans GMAD- Anyone tried this?

I've had EMAD's for years. I hate using a blanket/pillow/last weeks clothes in the basses to deaden them. I'm sure if they're as good as the EMAD's I'll be getting them.

I use Evans EMAD on batter side Basses and Aquarian "Power Circle" on res. side Basses. It works out really really well.
    --Cody

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    I've had EMAD's for years. I hate using a blanket/pillow/last weeks clothes in the basses to deaden them. I'm sure if they're as good as the EMAD's I'll be getting them.

I use Evans EMAD on batter side Basses and Aquarian "Power Circle" on res. side Basses. It works out really really well.
    From what I've read/researched, the GMAD is just an update of the EMAD with some of Evans G Concepts thrown in. I think they've gone to make the EMAD system a bit more durable, they have been renowned for the foam rings to snap, break and fall off, so I believe the foam rings are made of a heavier material and have been updated and the head is thicker/stronger, but I haven't actually tried it yet

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by therocker View Post
    From what I've read/researched, the GMAD is just an update of the EMAD with some of Evans G Concepts thrown in. I think they've gone to make the EMAD system a bit more durable, they have been renowned for the foam rings to snap, break and fall off, so I believe the foam rings are made of a heavier material and have been updated and the head is thicker/stronger, but I haven't actually tried it yet
    Like I said, I've used them for years, and the only problem I've had is from the plastic liner that holds the foam in place getting broken off/chipped in some small places.

Overall though, I think they're great. I'll have to try these out when I replace my bass drum heads.
    --Cody