Thread: Short Drum Solo

User Info Menu

Default Short Drum Solo

Hey guys! Thought I'd share a short drum solo I put together last week, I've tweeked it already and added some more in and played it after a basketball game on Thursday.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vffFId8qajY&feature=channel_page"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vffFId8qajY&feature=channel_page[/ame]

User Info Menu

Default Re: Short Drum Solo

Pretty intense
    Paiste Posse
    14inch 2002 series Sound Edge Hi-hats
    16inch and 18inch Signature series Fast crashes
    20inch 3000 series Ride
    18inch PST5 series China

Pearl Forum Series drum set
    Pearl Chad Smith Signature snare(steel shell)
    Tama Iron Cobra Chrome

RIP Frank - You will be remembered

User Info Menu

Great speed Julian, and as Andreeew said, it was definitely intense. Are you a metal drummer?
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Not my kind of riff...alot of notes little music being played. Sorry your good but I just didnt like it, but I wont leave you with out explaining why....it was straight 16th notes with just different hitting of drums good for fills and parts of songs in metal but even metal has rests on the different drums to give the certain parts of songs a different sound.
    You can't change the past but you can always alter the future.

User Info Menu

Thanks guys!
    Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    Great speed Julian, and as Andreeew said, it was definitely intense. Are you a metal drummer?
    Yes, I am more of a metal drummer, I prefer to play to metal songs anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetbox View Post
    Not my kind of riff...alot of notes little music being played. Sorry your good but I just didnt like it, but I wont leave you with out explaining why....it was straight 16th notes with just different hitting of drums good for fills and parts of songs in metal but even metal has rests on the different drums to give the certain parts of songs a different sound.
    I agree with you, I didn't have much punctuation in there, I have added more riffs in that allow it to have more rest and punctuation, but I'm still working to improve it

Thanks for the comments and advice guys

User Info Menu

You do play fast!!!

User Info Menu

Jul, I watched the vid and didnt think it was too bad at all . As you progress things will become alot smoother for you . Next video , you might want to add more cymal through the video instead of waiting till the end .

Dont play metal all the time , try being more diversified playing rock , blues . jazz or even country . This will make you better in the end .

Over-all not too shabby . I enjoyed watching it , thanks for sharing .

User Info Menu

Thanks guys! I am in jazz band at school, and I play the set for a couple songs such as Blues in Hoss Flat, and another that we sight read just the other day, we haven't progressed or used brushes or anything quite yet though.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Julian View Post
    Thanks guys! I am in jazz band at school, and I play the set for a couple songs such as Blues in Hoss Flat, and another that we sight read just the other day, we haven't progressed or used brushes or anything quite yet though.
    The jazz band will definately help your ghops in the long run, keep at it cause youre headin in the right direction , good vid .