Thread: Crunch Time For The Valjes

User Info Menu

UPDATE AS OF MARCH 22 09:

Sorry - I've taken the drums off the "for Sale" market for now.
    Kona
    Last edited by kona; 03-23-2009 at 01:19 AM. Reason: TAKEN THE DRUMS OFF THE FOR-SALE MARKET FOR NOW
    Gary

User Info Menu

Default Re: Crunch Time For The Valjes

Wow! What beautiful hand drums! I can understand the need to let them go, and that you will miss then.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Very nice, I bet they sound fantastic

User Info Menu

WOW..........that is a tough decision to make . I'd have to toss a quarter to see if I would cut off a limb or sell the drums first . Best of luck .

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gonefishin View Post
    WOW..........that is a tough decision to make . I'd have to toss a quarter to see if I would cut off a limb or sell the drums first . Best of luck .
    They're not sold yet -
    In this economy it may take a while.........we'll see.
    Gary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kona View Post
    They're not sold yet -
    In this economy it may take a while.........we'll see.

LOL..........they definately are beautiful .

User Info Menu

Kona, such a beautiful set! Is there anyway to place them in storage for now? Unless you need the money, I'm sure you know you'll get a whole lot more when things get better or are you thinking of selling them international? Big buck items just aren't doing to well in the U.S. Even big CEO's have been turning in their leer jets.
    L4C

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by luv4congas View Post
    Kona, such a beautiful set! Is there anyway to place them in storage for now? Unless you need the money, I'm sure you know you'll get a whole lot more when things get better or are you thinking of selling them international? Big buck items just aren't doing to well in the U.S. Even big CEO's have been turning in their leer jets.
    L4C
    I never thought I'd be serious about selling these drums. However, I played kit drums a long time before I ever thought about playing congas. I have some beautiful Gretsch drums and I have my eye on a Gretsch Custom USA Shellpack - a beauty! Without getting into a long story - it's the Gretsch drums or the Valjes - not both. That being said - I am asking a price at the upper end of the collector's scale and I won't budge from that. If I don't get that price I won't be selling them.....and I'd be quite happy either way. I learnt the hard way (years ago) when I sold a Gretsch kit for a lot less than they were worth then and maybe 10x less than what I'd have to pay to get everything back now. I'm not crying about it .........just making a point on a lesson well learnt.

Leer jets hey........ Gotta get me one of those if the price keeps dropin!

I like these stickers..........thought I'd share
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Gary